Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) Positively Modulates The Microbiome

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut does the dose of r5p has to be taken all at once or spread through the day can match the same effect?

I would prefer to take it in one dose and then avoid bright sunlight for a few hours to prevent the oxidative stress response Peat talked about (that also happens with MB and other quinones).

Mauritio

...Coming back to b2 again. Guess this vitamin is some kind of unknown genius.
I am suffering with diarrhea for the last 4 weeks there is no apperent cause . already tried a lot of things. even the carrot salat didnt help- infact it made it a bit worse. 5adhp is the only thing that helps a bit but i wont take it too often because i dont want my estrogen levels to go too low .

Anyway i got a bit lazy with my b2 supplementation . I completely forgot i posted on this thread. But i have already suspected crohns disease because of my symptoms and am not surprised to read that b2 is acutally considered to become a treatment for crohns.

So i will report back how i feel after b2 supplementation :)

dfspcc20

I would prefer to take it in one dose and then avoid bright sunlight for a few hours to prevent the oxidative stress response Peat talked about (that also happens with MB and other quinones).

Would it be better to take those in the evening then?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Would it be better to take those in the evening then?

In theory yes, but it seems to stimulate some people and cause insomnia. B2 is a cofactor for MAO-A and thus lowers serotonin. That is its primary effect in treating migraines - i.e. increasing serotonin degradation. Anything that lowers serotonin will also lower melatonin (a downstream metabolite of serotonin) and thus potentially interfere with sleep.

dfspcc20

In theory yes, but it seems to stimulate some people and cause insomnia. B2 is a cofactor for MAO-A and thus lowers serotonin. That is its primary effect in treating migraines - i.e. increasing serotonin degradation. Anything that lowers serotonin will also lower melatonin (a downstream metabolite of serotonin) and thus potentially interfere with sleep.

Same thing for MB and other quinones?

I ask because on most summer day I don't think I ever go more than a few hours without bright sun light. I'm not taking massive amounts of B2 (whatever is in 5-6 drops of Energin per day) or MB (maybe 0.5mg 2-3x per week).

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Same thing for MB and other quinones?

I ask because on most summer day I don't think I ever go more than a few hours without bright sun light. I'm not taking massive amounts of B2 (whatever is in 5-6 drops of Energin per day) or MB (maybe 0.5mg 2-3x per week).

As far as sunlight - yes - the MB and other quinones would have the same potential with increases ROS. I don't know if they would affect MAO-A. For instance, MB is known to inhibit it in higher concentrations rather than enhance it like B2.

LeeLemonoil

Thanks @Amazoniac.
Intriguing, there is this crosslinking-procedure to treat Keratoconus. It’s alleged to to strengthen and realign the corneal tissues. They saturate the eye surface with B2-solution and then UV-radiate it.
For a long time an Italian ophthalmologist claimed that KConus is caused by a parasite, but he is ridiculed and not accepted in the mainstream.
They still don’t talk about crosslinking killing parasites, but who knows what they really know or want to admit

Antonello

I wanna to update my experience with riboflabin...the diarrhea and gas I was experiencing was from a strong detox as @GAF pointed out, unfortunately I was scared at that time and I stopped my experiment.
I've been dealing with a chronic infection for all my life as my white blood count is always high but stool test doesn't show anything...probably a mix of candida viruses and bacterial imbalance, the last month I've been so sick and bloated I couldn't feel my stomach anymore I couldn't even pass gas and nothing helped to move the bowel again except some B2 with milk.
Funny thing is that just plain riboflavin and not the R5P help me to get rid of the trapped water in the intestine.
With 100mg of B2 I can feel my stomach start to rumbling again and gas start comes out.
For match the study @haidut posted I've tried about 65mg of R5P for few days and the only thing it did was cause me stress and tremors and I also notice few moles groins like crazy so what the...?
Does it mean the bacteria need plain riboflavin for growth and avoid the step of conversion like in r5p is not what my body want right now? I really don't know.

Last edited:

GAF

Does it mean the bacteria need plain riboflavin for growth

I've not read anywhere that B2 causes bacteria to grow. I've read that B2 is used to clean blood of pathogens.

I prefer a bit of diarrhea to constipation/bloating. It seems to me that constipation is enemy number one on this forum and the dam must be removed no matter what.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Why can't we depend on food sources and need to supplement b vitamins?

Because in many commercial foods B vitamins have been removed and then have to be added artificially but the re-addition is mostly for B1 and B3, and the B3 is niacin (not niacinamide). Moreover, the RDA published for them is nowhere near enough for optimal health. The RDA was developed by studying prisoners and finding out what is the minimum amount that prevents them from dying. Stress increases B vitamin requirements so for most people the B vitamin requirements are much higher than what can be obtained from food and even if one relies on food only they will only get some of the B vitamins.

Momado965

Because in many commercial foods B vitamins have been removed and then have to be added artificially but the re-addition is mostly for B1 and B3, and the B3 is niacin (not niacinamide). Moreover, the RDA published for them is nowhere near enough for optimal health. The RDA was developed by studying prisoners and finding out what is the minimum amount that prevents them from dying. Stress increases B vitamin requirements so for most people the B vitamin requirements are much higher than what can be obtained from food and even if one relies on food only they will only get some of the B vitamins.

Yeah I figured stress increases our demands and so does pufa deficiency. I just can't wrap my head around how people back in time had their needs met through diet.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Yeah I figured stress increases our demands and so does pufa deficiency. I just can't wrap my head around how people back in time had their needs met through diet.

Liver, kidneys, thyroid glands, brain, gonads, etc were all consumes quite often and these are all high on vitamins. Cooked veggies/leafs and ripe fruit are also a good source.

Momado965

Liver, kidneys, thyroid glands, brain, gonads, etc were all consumes quite often and these are all high on vitamins. Cooked veggies/leafs and ripe fruit are also a good source.

Yeah obviously aside from those foods, what is done in extreme stress? The only thing that comes to mind is herbs. There's no way to get similar quantities of B vitamins from food to match supplements unless calories are past 5000 calories.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Yeah obviously aside from those foods, what is done in extreme stress? The only thing that comes to mind is herbs. There's no way to get similar quantities of B vitamins from food to match supplements unless calories are past 5000 calories.

Actually, eating 8oz of liver can easily put you into the several hundred percent RDA for man of the vitamins. Add to that kidneys, thyroid, brain, etc and you can quite easily reach levels achievable by isolated B vitamin supplements.

Momado965

Actually, eating 8oz of liver can easily put you into the several hundred percent RDA for man of the vitamins. Add to that kidneys, thyroid, brain, etc and you can quite easily reach levels achievable by isolated B vitamin supplements.

Sounds good. I will try analyzing that on cronometer.

Momado965

It is not eve close to b vtamin complex supplements but pretty good for a diet. The higher the calories from those sources the more b vitamins.

Attachments

• bvvvvvv.PNG
    bvvvvvv.PNG
    26.2 KB · Views: 75
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals