Vitamin E (tocopherol) Is A Potent Aromatase Inhibitor

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hi @haidut : Today I purchased Tocovit to see if I can fix a small varicose vein and a damaged blue vein spot on my calf (from a minor farming broadfork injury) before trying progesterone. Although Tocovit has MCT, do you recommend adding some olive oil for better topical absorption? I plan to take Tocovit topically and orally. Any rather recommendations regarding this experiment? Thanks for all your help and great products!

Some olive oil may help as studies show that oleic acid has penetration enhancing effects but it is not much better than MCT so it may not help much, but it should not hurt either. So, no harm in trying and experiment is the only way to know for sure. I would rub in the solution as much as possible into the skin (say for 45-60 seconds) as that improves absorption noticeably compared to just gently applying it and leaving on skin as is.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

BigChad

Haidut, what do you think about Thorne Ultimate E.
1000mg/capsule.
It seems like a good option to me (but im no expert).
1000mg per capsule seems pretty high concentration, and they specify that its not diluted with soy oil. Most certainly some PUFA in there but maybe the 1000mg vs the capsule weight would make it a high ratio of Vit-E compared to PUFA even tho some pufa oil is in there. And i think most other veg-oil would be better than soy-oil at least.

According to thorne:
"Thorne's Ultimate-E contains pure, undiluted vitamin E. The vitamin E is extracted from a mixture of vegetable oils, including soy oil. However, any potentially allergenic soy residues are removed during the distillation process and, unlike most vitamin E products on the market, Ultimate-E is not diluted with soy oil."

"Ingredients

One Gelcap Contains:
Vitamin E (as d-Alpha Tocopherol from 1,000 mg Mixed Tocopherols) 500 IU.

Typical profile of Ultimate-E:
d-Alpha Tocopherol (500 IU minimum) 335 mg.
Beta tocopherol* 9-11 mg.
Gamma tocopherol* 400-450 mg.
Delta tocopherol* 115-150 mg.
* Beta, Gamma, and Delta tocopherols do not have recognized IU equivalents. Beta, Gamma, and Delta tocopherols vary slightly with this natural product which is weight-adjusted to achieve 500 IU d-alpha tocopherol.
Other Ingredients: Medium Chain Triglyceride Oil, Gelatin (from tilapia), Purified Water and Glycerin (vegetable source) gelcap. "

@haidut would you be able to give input on this. Curious if you've tried this product and what your experience was

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Vitamin E is literally my no. 1 supplement right now.
It consistently does the following to me:
-Morning wood every single day.
-Extremely calm and GABA/Dopamine feeling. Almost euphoric.
-Much higher libido.
-Appetite reduction (not very happy with this)
-Better sleep.

I can't find any PUBMED research on its progesterone like effects.

Thank you @haidut for educating me on this vitamin. I always thought it was the vitamin I would never take, fearing toxicity.

raypeatclips

-Much higher libido.
-Better sleep.

Thank you @haidut for educating me on this vitamin. I always thought it was the vitamin I would never take, fearing toxicity.

Is vitamin E easy to reach toxicity with?

Frankdee20

-Much higher libido.
-Better sleep.

What product ?

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
What product ?
VIt e.png

wildworld1992

I have been using the Healthnatura vit e in palm oil for about a week transdermally. This stuff is really potent. The first day I used a whole dropper and had "euphoria" and major giggles with just a really good mood. My husband thought I was a little loony. Promotes good sleep and relaxation also. I've since started using half a dropper in the am and pm. I have a hx of very high estrogen dominance and this seems to be helping more than anything else (except the carrot salad-that works also).
Previously used unique e in the little pump bottle. Never felt much or anything close to the healthnatura stuff. .
What VE do you use now?

Peatress

Vitamin E is known to deplete vitamin K in some people. So, if anybody is taking this large of a dose of vitamin E, I would periodically do a blood test for vitamin K. Vitamin E also increases the requirements for sodium, so that should be checked periodically too. Finally, vitamin E lowers cortisol and it may be a good idea to get a cortisol test couple of times a year to see how things are going.
However, with all this being said, keep in mind that the Shute brothers fed their patients 5,000mg-6,000mg vitamin E for years without observing serious adverse effects. Here is also a study saying that 2,000 IU per day for about 2 years is probably safe for most people.
DEFINE_ME

"...The experience from 2 large clinical trials involving the oral intake of 2000 IU vitamin E/d suggests that vitamin E is relatively safe at this dosage for periods <2 y. However, the safety and efficacy of supplemental vitamin E over periods of many years in the prevention of neurologic diseases has not been adequately explored."
Do you know if the effect on cortisol is dose dependent?