Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) Positively Modulates The Microbiome

GAF

It may be detoxing you. Take higher doses and get past the detox.

tomisonbottom

@haidut For some reason this study doesn't work for me, when I take riboflavin it mess up my digestion and I get painful diarrhea and gas, it's like it feeds intestinal bacteria but the bad one because once it stop the diarrhea if feel awful for a few days. I was reading about b vitamins soluble in water and etanol like your energin. do you think topical application can avoid the digestion but still have a good effect on bacteria?
do you need etanol for topical absorption or a simple bath with a pinch of riboflavin will to the trick?

Riboflavin is soluble in water 0.12 g per 100ml, so you don't even need ethanol

ddjd

Yes, B1 500mg and B6 maybe weekly and an occasional B complex/energin. For my experiment, I have been a B2 bomber.

My point is that B2 is the easiest, cheapest and fastest way to increase energy and focus, if one is lacking. My 84 yr old parents will agree.

Try this, next time you guys get in the car to take a 5 hour drive, down a big B2. You still have to eat and drink...
do you take the R5P form?

GAF

No R5P form taken. I started out with regular B2 and it worked so I have stuck with it.

I should do an experiment with R5P.

Mauritio

I reccommend everyone the B2 I love you! - thread on phoenix rising. i learned a lot there .for example that for proper utilization /activation of vitamin b12 and b6 the body uses vitamin b2 . thats how i got b2 deficient and ended up with strange eye problems... plus theres some really interesting stories from people that got rid of all kinds of problems using vitamin b2!
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/b2-i-love-you.15209/

Amazoniac

@haidut For some reason this study doesn't work for me, when I take riboflavin it mess up my digestion and I get painful diarrhea and gas, it's like it feeds intestinal bacteria but the bad one because once it stop the diarrhea if feel awful for a few days. I was reading about b vitamins soluble in water and etanol like your energin. do you think topical application can avoid the digestion but still have a good effect on bacteria?
do you need etanol for topical absorption or a simple bath with a pinch of riboflavin will to the trick?
There is a tendency for the body to allow the growth of bacteria that could provide what you've been missing. Ray commented that gurus go through an hyperthyroid phase before hypo. The hyper phase is when nutrients aren't usually supplied in enough amounts and the body sort of allows a generalized owaagrowth to occur. It's difficult to make isolated supplementation work because it usually causes some distortions, for example induced depletion of other nutrients. Only a few nutrients are sustainble when provided on their own.
Do you take anything else along with riboflavin when that happens?

B

Braveheart

"It's difficult to make isolated supplementation work because it usually causes some distortions, for example induced depletion of other nutrients. Only a few nutrients are sustainble when provided on their own."......

this I believe.

Antonello

There is a tendency for the body to allow the growth of bacteria that could provide what you've been missing. Ray commented that gurus go through an hyperthyroid phase before hypo. The hyper phase is when nutrients aren't usually supplied in enough amounts and the body sort of allows a generalized owaagrowth to occur. It's difficult to make isolated supplementation work because it usually causes some distortions, for example induced depletion of other nutrients. Only a few nutrients are sustainble when provided on their own.
Do you take anything else along with riboflavin when that happens?
I switched to Energin 5 drops and I don’t get weird reaction like with 25mg r5p

jandrade1997

My only concern about large doses of riboflavin is that it is a 5-ar inhibitor, and therefore lowers DHT.

Mauritio

My only concern about large doses of riboflavin is that it is a 5-ar inhibitor, and therefore lowers DHT.
you could take 11ketodht to counter any loss of DHT. but imo the loss should be minimal ...

LeeLemonoil

Massive thread with 60+pages, I‘m currently at 16. It seems the main proponent of B2 supplementation also claims that manganese is crucial
I reccommend everyone the B2 I love you! - thread on phoenix rising. i learned a lot there .for example that for proper utilization /activation of vitamin b12 and b6 the body uses vitamin b2 . thats how i got b2 deficient and ended up with strange eye problems... plus theres some really interesting stories from people that got rid of all kinds of problems using vitamin b2!
B2 I love you!
B2 I love you!

Mauritio

Massive thread with 60+pages, I‘m currently at 16. It seems the main proponent of B2 supplementation also claims that manganese is crucial
i think i read until page 45 or so. the OP "dog person" disappears out of unknown reasons at some point. i still think though that there is a lot of knowledge to get from this thread. i came to the conclusion that b2 doesnt nearly get as much attention as it should ...
you can easily get b2 deficient by taking high doses of other b vitamins .thats what happened to me at least .

Mauritio

What were your eye issues if I may ask?
it was so strange. i felt like you spend the whole day looking at a computer screen and got only 4 hours of sleep. except i felt like that at the beginning of the day and it only got worse from there ...
i first suspected b12 deficiency and started taking it. what only made it worse . which makes sense since b2 is a coenzyme for b12 as far as i remember .
it got better like 80 percent in a matter of hours once i popped the first b2 fmn -pill ...
this was like 2 months ago and its completely gone now

LeeLemonoil

Thanks Mauritio - there seems to be a very fundamental relation between Riboflavin and eye-health, epspecially topical eye, cormea and hydration.
Riboflavin and UV-light are the treatment for Keratoconus, a corneal disease - also Ella, a member here who is very informed about corneal health and Peat both agree that T3 is crucial for eye and corneal health. The thread at phoneix rising we discussed here has many good bits about how intertwinend the Thyroid-metabolism is with B2-status. All vry intriguing. I think eye drops containing B2 would be very worthwhile for many people suffering eye issues.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals