Progesterone 5 Alpha Reductase

TubZy

haidut, I love you, in a non-gay sexual way.

If you look at the fin/dut studies, fin increases progesterone, which I am almost certain is how it actually is pro hair in the first place not due to the 5ARi properties. You need to remember dut/fin etc were under development for prostate drugs first, hair growth was just a side effect. Fin just increases/mimics progesterone in a shitty synthetic way unfortunately (blocking neurosteroids etc.).

Progesterone

So in a heterosexual way?

In a non-gay, but somehow still sexual way.

If you look at the fin/dut studies, fin increases progesterone, which I am almost certain is how it actually is pro hair in the first place not due to the 5ARi properties. You need to remember dut/fin etc were under development for prostate drugs first, hair growth was just a side effect. Fin just increases/mimics progesterone in a shitty synthetic way unfortunately (blocking neurosteroids etc.).

That would be amazing if what you're saying is accurate (that fin/dut being prohair mostly due to prog increase).

Someone please feel free to state if I'm wrong but, finasteride is essentially a synthetic progesterone (i.e progestin) or variant of one, is it not?

In which case, it makes so much sense to just use natural progesterone instead.

Scenes

Possibly because it opposes cortisol, prolactin, growth hormone, adrenaline, inflammation, and various metabolic byproducts in the scalp that are toxic to hair follicles. Oh, and it stimulates thyroid function and thyroid hormone synthesis.

@haidut Wouldn't androsterone or dht do all those things too?

TubZy

In a non-gay, but somehow still sexual way.

That would be amazing if what you're saying is accurate (that fin/dut being prohair mostly due to prog increase).

Someone please feel free to state if I'm wrong but, finasteride is essentially a synthetic progesterone (i.e progestin) or variant of one, is it not?

In which case, it makes so much sense to just use natural progesterone instead.

Yeah, a synthetic dirty version of it. Honestly, the progesterone increase is why skin conditions clear up from fin not due tot estrogen increase like everyone says. I remember when I used fin my skin was clearer than it was prior to fin. So some of the positive conditions like that ppl report from fin (like clearer skin) I guarantee now are from the progesterone increase and not the estrogen increase.

Yeah, it would make more sense trying to use oral prog at high doses. I wonder what can become more problematic for males though? Since oral prog increase T/DHT, I wonder if it interacts with something in the liver compared to applied topically. Even a few mg's topically still gave me anti andro sides without DHEA.

Progesterone

Since oral prog increase T/DHT, I wonder if it interacts with something in the liver compared to applied topically.

This is something I've been wondering for quite some time now...

Because like I keep saying, there's a guy who got amazing results in terms of stopping his hairloss and thickening his hair, with ORAL PROG.

Would he have had the same results from topical prog? perhaps not.

Question is, why?

Is it perhaps for the same reason why oral fin works better than say topical fin.. it breaks down into something in the liver, that is helpful to the hair cycle? This is a really complicated question..

TubZy

This is something I've been wondering for quite some time now...

Because like I keep saying, there's a guy who got amazing results in terms of stopping his hairloss and thickening his hair, with ORAL PROG.

Would he have had the same results from topical prog? perhaps not.

Question is, why?

Is it perhaps for the same reason why oral fin works better than say topical fin.. it breaks down into something in the liver, that is helpful to the hair cycle? This is a really complicated question..

Yeah, well a lot of ppl here have really on used topical prog in terms of hair purposes at least to my knowledge. How much was that guy using again of prog? And did he say any side effects or any other effects he noticed positive/negative? Also is he just using prog tablets?

Yeah, well 5AR is also heavily present in the liver and the liver also filters out estrogen which prog antagonizes. And also stimulates thyroid conversion from T4 to T3 in the liver. LOL, so a lot of stuff at play here.

Progesterone

Yeah, well a lot of ppl here have really on used topical prog in terms of hair purposes at least to my knowledge. How much was that guy using again of prog? And did he say any side effects or any other effects he noticed positive/negative? Also is he just using prog tablets?

Yeah, well 5AR is also heavily present in the liver and the liver also filters out estrogen which prog antagonizes. And also stimulates thyroid conversion from T4 to T3 in the liver. LOL, so a lot of stuff at play here.

Right.. I'm aware most here use it topically, and most ppl in general.. especially for 'hair'. People who use 100mg orally are usually women.. which is why it's kind of a fascinating experiment to try.

He is using 100mg oral natural progesterone, every other day before bedtime, although after his transplant for 6 months he used it daily, at night.

Also, the same guy I'm referring to, had a buddy of his try the same 100mg oral prog for months, he had great success, decided to stop.. and his hair regressed, and now he's getting back on the oral prog...

TubZy

Right.. I'm aware most here use it topically, and most ppl in general.. especially for 'hair'. People who use 100mg orally are usually women.. which is why it's kind of a fascinating experiment to try.

He is using 100mg oral natural progesterone, every other day before bedtime, although after his transplant for 6 months he used it daily, at night.

Also, the same guy I'm referring to, had a buddy of his try the same 100mg oral prog for months, he had great success, decided to stop.. and his hair regressed, and now he's getting back on the oral prog...

Did they say anything about sides? ED, puffy chest etc.?

Progesterone

Did they say anything about sides? ED, puffy chest etc.?

No sides as far as I know, for him.

His buddy just stopped taking it because he got lazy and felt he didn't need it anymore (because his hair improved while on it).

I'll double check for any sides though by asking again.

TubZy

His buddy just stopped taking it because he got lazy and felt he didn't need it anymore (because his hair improved while on it).

do you have the direct link to the site/log?

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut Wouldn't androsterone or dht do all those things too?

They should, it's just that given their reputation they have not been clinically studied for these issues so don't have much evidence to look at.

TubZy

I just don't get why there hasn't been any further studies on progesterone and hair loss.

Given that fin is a synthetic progestin, I bet Merk is paying researchers/scientists off in order to suppress any research on that front given how threatening natural progesterone could be if it showed moderate results.

TubZy

Another interesting note is that topical fin is no where near effective as oral (if topical is even effective at all).

Which is interesting because it seems progesterone acts in the same way.

Progesterone

Another interesting note is that topical fin is no where near effective as oral (if topical is even effective at all).

Which is interesting because it seems progesterone acts in the same way.

Right..

That's what I'm wondering.

Maybe progesterone (and fin) needs to pass through liver to exert it's most positive effects on hair..

But... why?

Scenes

Right..

That's what I'm wondering.

Maybe progesterone (and fin) needs to pass through liver to exert it's most positive effects on hair..

But... why?
Is progestene safe to try orally or is that suicide with all the dmso?

Scenes

its fine it isn't even a very significant amount of dmso. just pour the drops in water, swirl to mix, and bottoms up. If you dont mix into a drink than your still just getting a 'topical' effect in the mouth. Way higher doses are used medically and not really any side effects. There's a bunch of studies on the forum, quotes from Ray that under several grams is fine, etc.

Anyone trying oral prog at all? My main reluctance is that I'd love to raise my T/DHT levels and I think prog is going to have the exact opposite effect.

I've tried topical progestene and added a little androsterone or T to that, but found my hair went curly and thinned at the front, no idea why...

Topical progestene alone makes my hair slightly nicer/softer with no other noticeable effects.

Progesterone

Anyone trying oral prog at all? My main reluctance is that I'd love to raise my T/DHT levels and I think prog is going to have the exact opposite effect.

I've tried topical progestene and added a little androsterone or T to that, but found my hair went curly and thinned at the front, no idea why...

Topical progestene alone makes my hair slightly nicer/softer with no other noticeable effects.

I'm on ORAL PROG. 100MG put into gelatin capsule before bed, once daily.

Been 2months... nothing yet, sorta feels like im thinning even more perhaps!????!?!! I'm slightly worried....

"Topical progestene alone makes my hair slightly nicer/softer with no other noticeable effects." TELL ME MORE ABOUT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scenes

I'm on ORAL PROG. 100MG put into gelatin capsule before bed, once daily.

Been 2months... nothing yet, sorta feels like im thinning even more perhaps!????!?!! I'm slightly worried....

"Topical progestene alone makes my hair slightly nicer/softer with no other noticeable effects." TELL ME MORE ABOUT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So the story about that guy on 100mg doesn't add up. He also still got a transplant right?

My experience with hormones and hairloss has been that testosterone is terrible for hair, some sort of progesterone/synthetic progestin is ok.

I used to take anabolic steroids. Test by itself was the worst thing I ever did for my hair. Test with trenbolone (a synthetic progestin) made my hair thicker and no noticeable hair loss. Regrew my hairline slightly on this combo.

Unfortunately a drug like that you can't take for long without a million other sides.