Glycine Strongly Upregulates 5-alpha Reductase (5-ar) Activity

Spartan300

Glycine can be excitatory, not toxic. Anything that promotes GABA in general can be in theory excitatory for some. Other factors like chloride are crucial in how a cell behaves when inhibited. It can go either way.
It certainly is for me. Glycine before bed consistantly ruins sleep

Gustav3Y

Glycine it is quite complex, it is oversimplified on the forum as a GABA precursor.

Glycine stimulates [3H]noradrenaline release by activating a strychnine-sensitive receptor present in rat hippocampus

Glycine enhances [3H]noradrenaline release from slices of rat hippocampus

Glycine-evoked neurotransmitter release from rat hippocampal brain slices: evidence for the involvement of glutaminergic transmission

Glycine Causes Increased Excitability and Neurotoxicity by Activation of NMDA Receptors in the Hippocampus

"These results demonstrate that glycine can produce increased excitability and neurotoxicity in cultured hippocampal slices. Glycine-induced neurotoxicity and excitability appear to be mediated by activation of NMDA receptors, since the neuronal damage caused by glycine was completely blocked by NMDA antagonists but not by AMPA receptor antagonists. Although glycine has previously been reported to produce an apparent nonreversible deterioration of synaptic transmission in acute hippocampal slices (53), this report clearly demonstrates that glycine caused neuronal cell death."

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Glycine it is quite complex, it is oversimplified on the forum as a GABA precursor.

Glycine stimulates [3H]noradrenaline release by activating a strychnine-sensitive receptor present in rat hippocampus

Glycine enhances [3H]noradrenaline release from slices of rat hippocampus

Glycine-evoked neurotransmitter release from rat hippocampal brain slices: evidence for the involvement of glutaminergic transmission

Glycine Causes Increased Excitability and Neurotoxicity by Activation of NMDA Receptors in the Hippocampus

"These results demonstrate that glycine can produce increased excitability and neurotoxicity in cultured hippocampal slices. Glycine-induced neurotoxicity and excitability appear to be mediated by activation of NMDA receptors, since the neuronal damage caused by glycine was completely blocked by NMDA antagonists but not by AMPA receptor antagonists. Although glycine has previously been reported to produce an apparent nonreversible deterioration of synaptic transmission in acute hippocampal slices (53), this report clearly demonstrates that glycine caused neuronal cell death."

Outstanding finds! Thanks for sharing this.

Jon2547

Are these tests considered in vitro?

I bought hydrolyzed collagen a while back and experienced some libido gains while using it daily, but I was also changing my diet/using other supplements at the time so I never made the connection. I recently tried collagen again and my libido (which had mostly flatlined since my last supplementing phase) got a jump.

I took Finasteride for ~8 months on and off, and its been about 7 months struggling to have anything resembling a libido, the most significant gains I’ve noticed I now know are from glycine up regulating 5ar. I’ll keep up with the collagen and probably move on to gelatin, Not the skeleton key for PFS and sexual problems but its definitely helped ^__^.

Coderr

I bought hydrolyzed collagen a while back and experienced some libido gains while using it daily, but I was also changing my diet/using other supplements at the time so I never made the connection. I recently tried collagen again and my libido (which had mostly flatlined since my last supplementing phase) got a jump.

I took Finasteride for ~8 months on and off, and its been about 7 months struggling to have anything resembling a libido, the most significant gains I’ve noticed I now know are from glycine up regulating 5ar. I’ll keep up with the collagen and probably move on to gelatin, Not the skeleton key for PFS and sexual problems but its definitely helped ^__^.
Can we just use glycine powder instead of gelatin?

Can we just use glycine powder instead of gelatin?
If I were you I’d just use grassfed collagen/gelatin, some people are skeptical of pure glycine powder because of possible impurities, collagen/gelatin have more amino’s and protein so incorporating them would probably be more positive imo.

I have tried magnesium glycinate before and it did improve erection and semen quality, not by a ton but it was noticeable. Just glycine would probably work though.

sladerunner69

How did you use Sorghum?

I mixed 1/2 cup sorghum flour with 1/2 cup nonfat milk powder with 1 egg and 1/4cup of nonfat milk to make one large pancake for breakfast. I drizzle it with a sorghum syrup as well! (you can order this online)

Yesterday I actually recieved a bag of sorghum popping kernels. I haven't tried them yet but apparently they are quite similar to popcorn and some even prefer them!

Coderr

I mixed 1/2 cup sorghum flour with 1/2 cup nonfat milk powder with 1 egg and 1/4cup of nonfat milk to make one large pancake for breakfast. I drizzle it with a sorghum syrup as well! (you can order this online)

Yesterday I actually recieved a bag of sorghum popping kernels. I haven't tried them yet but apparently they are quite similar to popcorn and some even prefer them!
Are you sure you're getting a DHT boost from Sorghum?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals