Thoughts On 5ar And Post Finasteride Syndrome

outcast1979

On tuesday i will have my results about my levels of hcg hormone.The reason in the first place that made me to go to a urologist was a lump in my right testicle that i had in the last 4 years,doctor did me an ultrasound test on my testicles and verify that lump.The irony is that i ask the doctor to write me exams for my hcg due to my suspicious of pfs problems,the doctor suggested the same thing for a different reason,he want to see if my hcg is high,that mean cancer.I believe that my hcg levels will be low due to pfs.After that i will be 100% sure that i lost all those years taking shits instead of the real cure.

stoic

Hey guys, I read this whole thread last week along with most of the other threads on finasteride and the 5ar enzyme.
The information on here is extremely valuable and I agree that PFS should be seen and treated (also) as a neurological condition.

Based on the posts on here and my current regimen, I decided to slowly and separately add niacinamide, glycine and taurine as well as some pregnenolone.

Unfortunately I'm having some issues with the niacinamide, which I'm almost sure is causing me headaches, anxiety and irritability. The anxiety is quite new to me, as finasteride suppressed most of my emotions and kept me in a foggy, anhedonic state. I also feel a deep loneliness, which is sort of surprising as I've been spending most of my days alone for a long time and rarely felt too bad about it.

While I'm tempted to stop taking the niacinamide so I can feel better again (and later try some pregnenolone), I wonder if I should "trust the process" and see the symptoms as signs of neurological improvement. What do you think?

outcast1979

Hey guys, I read this whole thread last week along with most of the other threads on finasteride and the 5ar enzyme.
The information on here is extremely valuable and I agree that PFS should be seen and treated (also) as a neurological condition.

Based on the posts on here and my current regimen, I decided to slowly and separately add niacinamide, glycine and taurine as well as some pregnenolone.

Unfortunately I'm having some issues with the niacinamide, which I'm almost sure is causing me headaches, anxiety and irritability. The anxiety is quite new to me, as finasteride suppressed most of my emotions and kept me in a foggy, anhedonic state. I also feel a deep loneliness, which is sort of surprising as I've been spending most of my days alone for a long time and rarely felt too bad about it.

While I'm tempted to stop taking the niacinamide so I can feel better again (and later try some pregnenolone), I wonder if I should "trust the process" and see the symptoms as signs of neurological improvement. What do you think?
Nicotinic acid also is in my regime,i have order glycine along agmantine to see if can help to elevate the anhedonia that i am feeling.Sure niacin improve the sad eyes look from depression,its not a magic bullet but it makes a difference.As a last resort i will try hcg injection to see if i can get back my hormones as many here suggested that is possible to happen.

Fairplay

Cistanche Tubulosa raises 5-AR in both liver and brain.

Yes, because it destroys AR signaling in the brain. We had several people take it per my rec and recovered libido immediately on Hackstasis.

As brain AR goes down, brain wants more DHT, 5AR goes up.

Aad

I read the article on pubmed,man when you found that great finding, i will try this
You are welcome my friend. But you need a good source!! This is CRUCIAL Rawforest is the best. Lostempire is slightly inferior to Rawforest.

Here is some more info.

Attachments

• Cistanche_tubulosa_ver2.0.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 50

outcast1979

Yes, because it destroys AR signaling in the brain. We had several people take it per my rec and recovered libido immediately on Hackstasis.

As brain AR goes down, brain wants more DHT, 5AR goes up.
This means that it works on mental symptoms also,cause they are linked together with sexuals,right?

He's talking arbitrary nonsense (the same as before), to put attention on himself or whatever, but the brain is obviously involved in the effects, if one looks at any studies.
None of which suggest his contradictory mechanism, by the way, which is also an unoriginal speculation about "restarting" ARs that exists in various forms.

outcast1979

He's talking arbitrary nonsense (the same as before), to put attention on himself or whatever, but the brain is obviously involved in the effects, if one looks at any studies.
None of which suggest his contradictory mechanism, by the way, which is also an unoriginal speculation about "restarting" ARs that exists in various forms.
Is there any way to fix the problem with adrogen receptor sensitivity,or something that can make the oil glands to produce sebum again as pre pfs era

Alexandre Lim

PFS is characterized by frontal cortex damaged... Frontal cortex is reduced in pfs that's why impulsivity anxiety depression and lack of motivation is the main characteristics of pfs people... Frontal cortex is the prime and first body defence against mental stress... What feeds frontal cortex are things(magnesium Retinol potassium testosterone/dhea thiamine Gaba Glycine glucose cholesterol) that enhance 5ar enzymes
Am I the only one with an aphasia problem. I cant speak anymore my brain is blank. I cant make decisions and my brain analyzes random ***t and I narrate in my head.

sladerunner69

Does anyone here think that Finasteride can trigger ALS?

Having significant symptoms of ALS right now.

These things make me think it is plausible:

-Glutathione reduction
- Testosterone dysregulation
- Estrogen increase

It's probably similar. All of my symptoms are neurological, numbness through my body and strange "pins and needles" pains, along with chronic low-grade headaches, confusion, balance issues etc. They are improving gradually on low-dose HCG. I think in ALS you lose motor function which I still have very good control over despite all of these symptoms. I think Haidut described it as "Demyelinated nerve disease", where the nerves are still alive and functional but much less responsive because there is a damaged myelin sheath.

sladerunner69

In theory b3 should be very good for PFS. It provides extra ATP to the cell and is pro-GABA etc.

I know a few guys who had good results from taking b3 alone saying it lifted 50% of their symtpoms.

Cistanche Tubulosa raises 5-AR in both liver and brain.

I have Cistanche in my medicine cabinet, but what is the Tubulosa part? Is Tubulosa something different?

stoic

In theory b3 should be very good for PFS. It provides extra ATP to the cell and is pro-GABA etc.

I know a few guys who had good results from taking b3 alone saying it lifted 50% of their symtpoms.

Yeah, I'm not actually 100% sure the niacinamide was the culprit. Could it have been the DHEA (I took 5mg a day for a few weeks)?
I'm leaning towards it being either a bad reaction to the DHEA (though that was after a few weeks of supplementation), or perhaps low estrogen symptoms due to my increasingly peaty diet and supplement protocol. Does niacinamide lower estrogen though?
I lowered my aromasin from 6MG E2D to E3D just to be cautious.

Anyway, I started supplementing with pregnenolone soon after and I think it's helping me a lot.
I also have some glycine and taurine ready. @sladerunner69 What would be a good dose and posology for PFS?
I've read somewhere that taurine is depleted in post accutane users, so I think I can benefit from it one way or another...

sladerunner69

Yeah, I'm not actually 100% sure the niacinamide was the culprit. Could it have been the DHEA (I took 5mg a day for a few weeks)?
I'm leaning towards it being either a bad reaction to the DHEA (though that was after a few weeks of supplementation), or perhaps low estrogen symptoms due to my increasingly peaty diet and supplement protocol. Does niacinamide lower estrogen though?

Anyway, I started supplementing with pregnenolone soon after and I think it's helping me a lot.
I also have some glycine and taurine ready. @sladerunner69 What would be a good dose and posology for PFS?
I've read somewhere that taurine is depleted in post accutane users, so I think I can benefit from it one way or another...

I have only benefitted from taking glycine and taurine, I can't recommend them enough. They are the only things I take right now along with my low-dose HCG. They can both be used long term and are very safe, (assuming you use a pure powder and not capsules which often come with excipients and manufacturing additives.) I take about 3-5 grams of taurine per day now, but when I started a couple years ago I could only take 500mg twice per day. It should have you feeling calmer and more focussed, but too much at once would make me sleepy. Now I don't have issues even in higher doses though. I will take 5+ grams of glycine per day too, especially along with meats and high protien meals. I take 3+ grams before bed, sometimes I'll try a huge dose of 10 grams with 500mg of Magnesium bicarbonate or so if I really need to sedate myself because I'm feeling anxious and am having trouble sleeping. At these larger doses I will often wake up drowsy, though.

I am not sure about what caused your issue but I do think that DHEA is much more likely to cause issues than b3. When I first tried DHEA years ago it felt like a godsend, I finally had energy and endurance and felt masculinity for the first time since taking finasteride. However, after a while of using it daily, often multiple times daily, I noticed it wasn't nearly as effective and would eventually leave me feeling exausted and irritable a few hours later, which I think has to dow ith estrogen conversion. I think the body needs enough estrogen to prime the androgen receptors, lubricate joints, and calm the nervous system (estrogen attaches to an opioid receptor), but it is a delicate balance and too much estrogen can easily put you into very uncomfortable territory.

Mister

the solution to this could very much be - yet again - the massively underrated HCG

Enhanced stimulation of 5 alpha-reductase activity in cultured Leydig cell precursors by human chorionic gonadotropin. - PubMed - NCBI
Regulation of 5 alpha-reductase activity in cultured immature leydig cells by human chorionic gonadotropin. - PubMed - NCBI

Granted, it also increases aromatase activity, but I've seldom seen anyone report excessive metabolism of Testosterone when sticking to 1000iu per week at most. Took about 2 weeks to get my Testosterone back up to the upper half of normal, free T is a nice 15 pg/ml. About 2 months in and my voice is nice and deep anew, which was a weird side effect from 5ar use (the softer higher pitched voice). Now I sound like Ben Greenfield again. Plus estradiol is in such small quantities in men's bodies and is so essential at every level, a small rise isn't a concern like xenoestrogens are. My E2 went from the bottom to the top of the range and it's a night and day difference. DHT levels are super uncommon to test where I live unfortunately but I suppose they've been mirroring the increase in E2.

The cure to baldness is stressing less, lowering inflammation through the diet, and red light
Looks like you're right, HCG cured many guys with PFS.

outcast1979

Can anyone provide a guide how to prepare the hcg for usage,i want to say dosage and the way to dissolve it.

outcast1979

If anyone want to hear about dosages and safety.I taking 4.5 g per day nicotinic acid,3 doses per 1.5 each time.Sure it have effects on pfs,when i forget to take it the problems arise instantly.Its not a cure but it is a big help.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals