Does Olive Oil Really Inhibit DHT?

I want to use olive oil due to its benefits but also don't want to decrease my DHT levels.

"A prominent theory, however, is that the azelaic acid found in olive oil is responsible for the decreased DHT production. Azelaic acid has been shown to inhibit the activity of 5-alpha-reductase, an enzyme whose main function is converting testosterone into DHT. By suppressing this cycle, it works to slow or even stop hair loss."

And...

"This study concludes that beta-sitosterol, found in avocados, coconut oil, and olive oil, is effective at inhibiting 5-alpha reductase.

This study concludes that beta sitosterol is effective at inhibiting the 5-alpha reductase enzymes as well."

olive

Yeah most oils do. Get yourself some olive leaf extract if you want to reap the benefits without the negatives.

olive

olive what is your current hair loss regimen?
I don’t necessarily have one right now. I don’t suffer from hair loss any more though. But my temples are receeded and have been since ~17yo from elevated prolactin due to a pituitary tumour. I’ve tried a bunch of things to regrow the lost hair but nothing has really worked thus far. I’m sitting back and observing a group of bodybuilders who have started using topical bi-estro cream on their scalps. I’ll wait to see how it turns out for them before I give that a shot. Honestly though I’m not super fussed about it anymore, I buzz my hair and try not to obsess over it like I had a tendency to do in the past.

I do take olive leaf extract and taurine though for other reasons. However it’s possible they have helped halt any additional hair loss.

OP
H
You’re looking for oleuropein Travis has a few posts outlining its benefits.

None in particular. I buy mine from a local Australian based seller on eBay. Just look for something with a decent oleuropein concentration.

No I meant beta-sitosterol inhibits DHT according to the studies I posted. I wanted to ask if the olive leaf extract has it too.

olive

No I meant beta-sitosterol inhibits DHT according to the studies I posted. I wanted to ask if the olive leaf extract has it too.
As far as I know, it doesn’t. That’s based off the fact that none of the studies I could find on olive leaf extract mention beta-sitosterol or DHT inhibition - which would be worth mentioning as many of the studies done on olive leaf extract are focused on hair loss/regrowth.

OP
H
As far as I know, it doesn’t. That’s based off the fact that none of the studies I could find on olive leaf extract mention beta-sitosterol or DHT inhibition - which would be worth mentioning as many of the studies done on olive leaf extract are focused on hair loss/regrowth.

Cool thank you amazing.

Have you noticed differences in athletic strength and energy?

olive

Cool thank you amazing.

Have you noticed differences in athletic strength and energy?
Nothing substantial that I could contribute solely to olive leaf. Think of it similar to aspirin without the blood thinning effects or messing with the urea cycle. It inhibits prostaglandins and is an uncoupler.

BigChad

Nothing substantial that I could contribute solely to olive leaf. Think of it similar to aspirin without the blood thinning effects or messing with the urea cycle. It inhibits prostaglandins and is an uncoupler.

what dosage, frequency of olive leaf are you using? what % oleupurein. how long have you been using that and taurine, and what dosage of taurine.
did you notice fat loss, muscle growth, anti prolactin anti estrogenic effects from using olive leaf.
btw, taurine can supposedly elevate prolactin?

thinking of olive leaf for cleaning up the gut

Vinny

BigChad

What other things are uncouplers, I think some b vitamins, selenium, PQQ, Coq10, MK4. maybe other quniones

olive

what dosage, frequency of olive leaf are you using? what % oleupurein. how long have you been using that and taurine, and what dosage of taurine.
did you notice fat loss, muscle growth, anti prolactin anti estrogenic effects from using olive leaf.
btw, taurine can supposedly elevate prolactin?

thinking of olive leaf for cleaning up the gut
1g 2x per day, 20% extract for about 6 months.
Taurine 2g 3x per day for about 3 months.
I haven’t noticed anything substantial that I can attribute specifically to these compounds but my testicles seem larger on taurine.
Re: prolactin - I’m sure the increase in prolactin is marginal compared to say spending the day darkness or consuming dairy, I’m very sensitive to high prolactin (nipples get sensitive and eventually begin to lactate) yet I have had no adverse reaction to taurine (except weird bowel movements for the first week).

BigChad

1g 2x per day, 20% extract for about 6 months.
Taurine 2g 3x per day for about 3 months.
I haven’t noticed anything substantial that I can attribute specifically to these compounds but my testicles seem larger on taurine.
Re: prolactin - I’m sure the increase in prolactin is marginal compared to say spending the day darkness or consuming dairy, I’m very sensitive to high prolactin (nipples get sensitive and eventually begin to lactate) yet I have had no adverse reaction to taurine (except weird bowel movements for the first week).

What do you mean weird bowel movements. it constipated or caused diarrhea?
Why does spending the day indoors raise prolactin? Even if you supplement vitamin d3?

olive

What do you mean weird bowel movements. it constipated or caused diarrhea?
Why does spending the day indoors raise prolactin? Even if you supplement vitamin d3?
They got runnier (not liquid but very soft) and darker for about a week before normalising. It’s common according to the reports I’ve read on other forums. No constipation.
Darkness raises prolactin, even with adequate D3. It’s well known, just search “darkness prolactin” and you’ll see a myriad of studies. I think Peat might even have an article about it.

Momado965

They got runnier (not liquid but very soft) and darker for about a week before normalising. It’s common according to the reports I’ve read on other forums. No constipation.
Darkness raises prolactin, even with adequate D3. It’s well known, just search “darkness prolactin” and you’ll see a myriad of studies. I think Peat might even have an article about it.

Can red light mitigate the bad effects of darkness or does it have to be sunlight?

olive

Can red light mitigate the bad effects of darkness or does it have to be sunlight?
Not sure but what’s the aversion to sunlight? If time is an issue simply eat at your breakfast and lunch outside instead of indoors.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals