Thoughts On 5ar And Post Finasteride Syndrome

Coltcool

Hey, PFS sufferer here, what happened to this thread? Does anyone have any updates?

maxpower

I think they get a bad rep for the liver due to the opiates that are cut with tylenol (percocet for example). Tylenol is toxic to the liver.

If any drug on the list would be the best for 5AR, would be valium (diazepam) at least according to the study.
Where can you get Valium from?

outcast1979

Any update regarding your hcg test?
Sorry for the late reply my friend, mental problems make me forget things .Yes i got my results for my exams of chorionic gonadotropin. the values are 0.000-3.00 and my readings was 0.90 mIU/ml .Also my FSH values where 7.84 mIU/ML and LH was 5.26 mIU/ml .The results supposed to be normal.My HGH also was 0.1 ng/ml something that is very low consider the normal value which is 3.0.I Don't know if the culprit behind all this is hgh but in the past i had some nice results when i was on arginine ornithine which is a known hgh booster.

Last edited:

I used propecia 10 years ago and I believe I have so called pfs. My testosterone level is in middle range, but my DHT is only 100pg/ml (ref. 300-850pg/ml) which could mean 5ar deficiency. I will try now to boost 5ar levels with cordyceps, dhea, some alcohol, tribulus. Does 7-leto dhea boost 5ar as well or just plain dhea?

maxpower

I used propecia 10 years ago and I believe I have so called pfs. My testosterone level is in middle range, but my DHT is only 100pg/ml (ref. 300-850pg/ml) which could mean 5ar deficiency. I will try now to boost 5ar levels with cordyceps, dhea, some alcohol, tribulus. Does 7-leto dhea boost 5ar as well or just plain dhea?
What alcohol increases 5AR?

Mister

What sides do you have? Low libido, etc?

Als have you tried things like HCG?

What alcohol increases 5AR?
Any alcohol in moderate amount I guess. Check this. I haven't had any spontaneous boner for long time. Normally I don't drink alcohol but last month I drunk some alcohol one night and I got spontaneous boner next day. Then it happened the same last week. Not sure if it is 5ar related or not, but no doubt it was alcohol.

What sides do you have? Low libido, etc?

Als have you tried things like HCG?
Low energy, brain fog, no spontaneous boner. Not really ed because when having sex it is still fine, but I miss those spontaneous boners at morning. I tried many things, HCG, testosterone, DHT derivates and nothing really helped, this is why I am thinking it may be 5ar problems which affects also neurosteroids, this is why DHT derivates don't help. So I am going to boost 5ar and see if it will make any difference. I read that DHEA is enchases 5ar activity, but I am not sure if I can use 7-leto dhea or just plain DHEA.

outcast1979

Low energy, brain fog, no spontaneous boner. Not really ed because when having sex it is still fine, but I miss those spontaneous boners at morning. I tried many things, HCG, testosterone, DHT derivates and nothing really helped, this is why I am thinking it may be 5ar problems which affects also neurosteroids, this is why DHT derivates don't help. So I am going to boost 5ar and see if it will make any difference. I read that DHEA is enchases 5ar activity, but I am not sure if I can use 7-leto dhea or just plain DHEA.
Do you tried pea (palmytoylethanolamide) someone here mentioned that upregulates regulator steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (star).The guy said with that way we upstream neurosteroids direct.I will try to find the link. Also take a look on HDACS about neurosteroid production Histone deacetylase inhibitors promote neurosteroid-mediated cell differentiation and enhance serotonin-stimulated brain-derived neurotrophic factor gene expression in rat C6 glioma cells - PubMed.

Last edited:

Do you tried pea (palmytoylethanolamide) someone here mentioned that upregulates regulator steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (star).The guy said with that way we upstream neurosteroids direct.I will try to find the link. Also take a look on HDACS about neurosteroid production Histone deacetylase inhibitors promote neurosteroid-mediated cell differentiation and enhance serotonin-stimulated brain-derived neurotrophic factor gene expression in rat C6 glioma cells - PubMed.
I haven't tried that. Thank you, I will check it.

Blue Water

It's speculated that creatine increases 5-ar.

olimacmel

Amazon.com: Palmitoylethanolamide (PEA) 400mg Capsules 180 Count: Health & Personal Care

I loaded up this morning to get it in the system. I took 1600mg overall. Not sure what exactly I'm going to do.

I'm not the best guide for this because again I'm stabilizing on 2.5mg fluoxetine. And that 2.5mg sounds low but definitely feels pretty strong to me. I will say by this time of the day I usually am experiencing anxiety. I am not yet. I feel as calm as I've felt since starting the fluoxetine. We will see.
Hi Brushi,
I see you've been mega dosing on PEA for your PFS. I too have PFS and have been taking 1500mg in 3x 500mg per day for some weeks now but I don't feel much improvement.

Can you advice if you are still taking it right now? Also In what daily dose and if you have noticed constant improvement of symptoms, etc?

Thank you.

bruschi11

Hi Brushi,
I see you've been mega dosing on PEA for your PFS. I too have PFS and have been taking 1500mg in 3x 500mg per day for some weeks now but I don't feel much improvement.

Can you advice if you are still taking it right now? Also In what daily dose and if you have noticed constant improvement of symptoms, etc?

Thank you.

Absolutely not. That’s from 2017. I got better from pfs when we found my Lyme disease treated that then did all sorts of holistic health , detox fasting liver flushes for awhile.

Sorry I cannot help right now I’m very very sick with a different disease. Very unfair…. Severe pfs to incredible recovery. To something horrid happening and now looks like I’m dying so stupid.

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
Yeah lots of reports of improvement from TT. It's interesting that it's mechanism of action could be from its effects on the brain. Do you know of any good quality high Protodioscin TT? Interestingly Phosphatidylserine made me worse in the same way as creatine and sorghum. The Brain all the way.
Bloom,
How did Phosphatidylserine make you worse?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals