My MPB Stack (Topical progesterone, injecting castor oil & more!)

MCurtone

In my quest to successfully combat MPB as naturally as possible and without systematically destroying 5ar, I've decided to create this thread outlining my routine and to track progress.

I've come up with some pretty crazy stuff.

I'm about to begin the following routine:

2.0mm microneedling once every 7-9 days.
Topical Progesterone
Oral & injected castor oil
Topical ZIX (Zinc, B6 & Azelaic Acid) - Inhibition of 5 alpha-reductase activity in human skin by zinc and azelaic acid - PubMed AND [Mechanism of azelaic acid action in acne] - PubMed
Topical Magnesium & Peppermint Oil

Microneedling
- Very straight forward. Google it. Growth Factors, new blood vessels, more collagen, reduce fibrosis, etc.

Topical progesterone- My logic is that firstly, progesterone is inherently beneficial for hair and finasteride is literally designed base off of progesterone. Progesterone would not only displace local DHT from the AR, but also lower its synthesis as it is a substrate for 5ar and will result in 5aDHP instead of more local DHT.

Injected castor oil - This idea is due to the fact many steroid users who use castor oil as a carrier report having amazing hair. Castor oil is a know PGE2 inducer and even oral doses from 1-5ml per day have a proven affect on hair growth. I'm wondering the impact and significance of injected castor oil. It breaks-down very slowly, so not much is needed at all, maybe 0.25-0.50 ML twice per week, and this would leave a constant trickle of PGE2 activity constantly.

ZIX - Oldschool topical for the cheap bastards and people swore by it for halting the itch and hairloss. Not enough to regrow hair but not many people were using azelaic acid with it, which I will be.

Topical Magnesium & Peppermint Oil - Some anecdotes and reports from users that they dropped their rogaine, switched to dermarolling, plus topical magnesium + 3% PEO oil and their hair growth continued.

Happy to take questions, hear your thoughts and theory craft. I will be updating this thread as time goes on.

rr1

Well more important than any of those, Vitamin D, Vitamin K2 and calcium.

OP
M

MCurtone

Well more important than any of those, Vitamin D, Vitamin K2 and calcium.
Taking those won't do anything for my hair loss and certainly won't stop its progression in any way, shape or form. This is just standard peat rhetoric that I've never actually seen work and is all in theory or on paper.

But adding those to the current stack could be beneficial, but by no means are more important than anything in the stack

PhilParma

Keep estrogen systemically low through diet and supplementation, but support estrogen/aromatase locally on the scalp. I'm experimenting with much of the same and my hair is doing well, remaining stable at least. Possibly some regrowth on the crown, but I need get my hair cut shorter to get a better view of the situation.

Dermapen twice a month.
Piroctone olamine, daily topical. Similar to zinc. Kills yeast. I may add DermaZinc spray in the future.
Diclofenac, daily topical. Voltaren. Lowers PGD2.
Homemade spray for hair, containing Urea, Taurine, Tyromix, Cardenosine. Every few days. I will drop this in the future, except for Urea which keeps the skin/scalp hydrated.
Vinegar, topical every few days. Clean scalp, kill bacteria and yeast.
Castor oil, topical every few days. Lowers PGD2, raises PGE2. I would use this more often but it's so messy.

I've tried topical progesterone but it makes my face puff up like crazy, gives me acne, and makes me fatigued.
Topical magnesium seems good, but it can be messy. Peppermint oil sounds messy too. Maybe I could slap some on the crown an hour or two before showering.
Azelaic acid I've never heard of, I need to research it more. I have acne problems, especially when I try progesterone or high dose pregnenolone.

Mossy

In my quest to successfully combat MPB as naturally as possible and without systematically destroying 5ar, I've decided to create this thread outlining my routine and to track progress.

I've come up with some pretty crazy stuff.

I'm about to begin the following routine:

2.0mm microneedling once every 7-9 days.
Topical Progesterone
Oral & injected castor oil
Topical ZIX (Zinc, B6 & Azelaic Acid) - Inhibition of 5 alpha-reductase activity in human skin by zinc and azelaic acid - PubMed AND [Mechanism of azelaic acid action in acne] - PubMed
Topical Magnesium & Peppermint Oil

Microneedling
- Very straight forward. Google it. Growth Factors, new blood vessels, more collagen, reduce fibrosis, etc.

Topical progesterone- My logic is that firstly, progesterone is inherently beneficial for hair and finasteride is literally designed base off of progesterone. Progesterone would not only displace local DHT from the AR, but also lower its synthesis as it is a substrate for 5ar and will result in 5aDHP instead of more local DHT.

Injected castor oil - This idea is due to the fact many steroid users who use castor oil as a carrier report having amazing hair. Castor oil is a know PGE2 inducer and even oral doses from 1-5ml per day have a proven affect on hair growth. I'm wondering the impact and significance of injected castor oil. It breaks-down very slowly, so not much is needed at all, maybe 0.25-0.50 ML twice per week, and this would leave a constant trickle of PGE2 activity constantly.

ZIX - Oldschool topical for the cheap bastards and people swore by it for halting the itch and hairloss. Not enough to regrow hair but not many people were using azelaic acid with it, which I will be.

Topical Magnesium & Peppermint Oil - Some anecdotes and reports from users that they dropped their rogaine, switched to dermarolling, plus topical magnesium + 3% PEO oil and their hair growth continued.

Happy to take questions, hear your thoughts and theory craft. I will be updating this thread as time goes on.
How is this going for you?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals