Oral Castor Oil experiment– bigger erections and stopping male pattern baldness? Surely too good to be true…

Pablo Cruise

i have not tried it to be honest, but yes i agree many have taken it and have reported benefits
@Pablo Cruise can you explain some of the issues you've seen or what to look out for?
Do a search on it. Is it good long term?
i have not tried it to be honest, but yes i agree many have taken it and have reported benefits
@Pablo Cruise can you explain some of the issues you've seen or what to look out for?
I only know it is very toxic. That people have been taking for many years is completely new to me. My ignorance. It has to be taken in small doses and of course I do not know what the benefit is after being in pharmaceuticals, supplements and vitamins for over 30 years. Still learning.

Wolf

I used 5 drops of it yesterday for the first time. What I noticed so far:
- Muscles looks fuller
- Less water retention (weighed 800g less than yesterday; probably mostly water loss)
- Mind feels calm and confident, it does feel like DHT somehow
- Less constipation, which is good for me
- Hair looks soft and full, but too early to make any comments other than that
- sinuses and nose are free for the first time in weeks
Agreed with less constipation, at low doses this is amazing.
However.
It would appear that cold pressed Castor Oil, independent of organic status, can still contain appreciable amounts of Ricin and potentially other allergenic substances per below:
Interpretive Summary: Castor oil is a key chemical feedstock with numerous applications including surfactants, engineered polymers, plasticizers, lubricants and greases, with lithium grease the most familiar of these products. The oil and its derivatives also have numerous consumer applications including as laxatives, anti-fungal compounds, cosmetics, lipsticks and deodorants. A lubricant industry publication recently suggested that products derived from castor oil may be unsafe due to the presence of toxins, and recommended use of mineral oil for lubricant applications, even though mineral oil is not biodegradeable. We evaluated samples of castor oil that had been subjected to different degrees of processing. None of the well-processed castor oil samples contained any toxin, but the cold-pressed castor oil contained trace amounts, as expected for cold-pressed oils such as peanut oil, which contains trace amounts of peanut allergens. It is therefore safe to use refined castor oils for industry and consumer applications. However, individuals sensitive to castor allergens should exercise caution when using cold-pressed castor oil.

Technical Abstract: Castor oil and its derivatives are widely used as a chemical feedstock for production of lubricants and greases, and for engineering plastics, plasticizers and surfactants. They also have wide application in consumer goods such as lipstick, deodorants and medicinal products. Due to concerns about the possible presence of the ricin toxin in the oil, we have tested a collection of castor oils processed using different approaches, including cold-pressed, US Pharmaceutical (USP) grade, and neutralized oils. Water soluble proteins were extracted from oil samples into phosphate-buffered saline containing 0.05% bovine serum albumin (PBSB) and analyzed for potential ricin contamination by ELISA assay. Our results indicate that only the cold-pressed castor oil contained measurable levels of the toxin, estimated to be 35 'g/l ± 13 'g/l. A standard oral dose of castor oil for laxative use is 14 ml, so even cold-pressed castor oil would be well below the toxic level. However, the presence of the toxin indicates that other soluble proteins, including allergens, are likely to be present in cold-pressed castor oil.
https://www.ars.usda.gov/research/publications/publication/?seqNo115=311037
This is unfortunate, and I will need to pick up a new Castor Oil since I picked up a cold pressed variety.... Womp womp. Its not worth developing any allergy and god knows what low amounts of ricin does to one's body.

Last edited:

Vandivier

Forum Supporter
I’m curious, do you think using it topically on the scalp with DMSO would be as effective as oral?

I think I might give it a go, if no one has tried it.

Wolf

Agreed with less constipation, at low doses this is amazing.
However.
It would appear that cold pressed Castor Oil, independent of organic status, can still contain appreciable amounts of Ricin and potentially other allergenic substances per below:

https://www.ars.usda.gov/research/publications/publication/?seqNo115=311037
This is unfortunate, and I will need to pick up a new Castor Oil since I picked up a cold pressed variety.... Womp womp. Its not worth developing any allergy and god knows what low amounts of ricin does to one's body.
Realistically, it should be entirely within the realm of reason to remove any trace potential contaminants by adding distilled water in a 1:1 ratio(probably 10:1 or even 100:1) and agitating the solution. After that you just separate the water oil mix by allowing it to separate then decanting or otherwise siphoning out any water. Alcohol(40% +) would likely be better as any trace amounts wouldn't necessarily "spoil" the oil like water potentially could.

Wolf

I’m curious, do you think using it topically on the scalp with DMSO would be as effective as oral?

I'm mixing it with C8 MCT oil and applying it to my face and it seems to be having a good effect.
Definitely interested in your experiment.

zorba990

I'm finding the Queen of the Thrones brand to be different than other Castor Oil I have tried in the past (topically only ever).
The main thing being that massaging it in, it gets absorbed rather than staying on the skin even overnight. I'm not sure if its the brand or I am just different. I too have been told in the past that this is "very toxic stuff" but, at least topically, it seems to have good muscle relaxing effect. IDK about other toxins, but Google Castor oil and Ricin and you get:

Castor oil does not contain ricin because ricin does not partition into the oil. Castor oil and Glyceryl Ricinoleate absorb ultraviolet (UV) light, with a maximum absorbance at 270 nm.

Also from : https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/10915810701663150
The oil derived from the seed of the Ricinus communis plant and its primary constituent, Ricinoleic Acid, along with certain of its salts and esters function primarily as skin-conditioning agents, emulsion stabilizers, and surfactants in cosmetics, although other functions are described. Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil is the naming convention for castor oil used in cosmetics. It is pro- duced by cold pressing the seeds and subsequent clarification of the oil by heat. Castor oil does not contain ricin because ricin does not partition into the oil. Castor oil and Glyceryl Ricinoleate ab- sorb ultraviolet (UV) light, with a maximum absorbance at 270 nm. Castor oil and Hydrogenated Castor Oil reportedly were used in 769 and 202 cosmetic products, respectively, in 2002; fewer uses were reported for the other ingredients in this group. The highest reported use concentration (81%) for castor oil is associated with lipstick. Castor oil is classified by Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as generally recognized as safe and effective for use as a stimulant laxative. The Joint Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)/World Health Organization (WHO) Expert Committee on Food Additives established an acceptable daily castor oil intake (for man) of 0 to 0.7 mg/kg body weight. Castor oil is hydrolyzed in the small intestine by pancreatic enzymes, leading to the release of glycerol and Ricinoleic Acid, although 3,6-epoxyoctanedioic acid, 3,6-epoxydecanedioic acid, and 3,6-epoxydodecanedioic acid also appear to be metabolites. Castor oil and Ricinoleic Acid can en- hance the transdermal penetration of other chemicals. Although chemically similar to prostaglandin E1 , Ricinoleic Acid did not have the same physiological properties. T
hese ingredients are not acute toxicants, and a National Toxicology Program (NTP) subchronic oral toxicity study using castor oil at concentrations up to 10% in the diet of rats was not toxic. Other subchronic studies of castor oil produced similar findings
------

Also, I believe even 'cold pressed' oil is heated as a final step to potentially inactivate any Ricin, though I am not finding any definitive proof of that. Wondering if the above case they made the oil brands available? Without that step? I guess 3rd party testing of brands would be needed. I'd certainly chip in for that if there was a group effort.

Last edited:
OP
ddjd

ddjd

dmso is massively irritating to the skin, at least in my experience. would be an interesting experiemnt but i dont think its a long term solution

oral works. i wouldnt worry at all re ricin @zorba990 . ive used pharma grade and cold pressed- no difference. if you want peace of mind then just use pharma grade

Mauritio

dmso is massively irritating to the skin, at least in my experience. would be an interesting experiemnt but i dont think its a long term solution

oral works. i wouldnt worry at all re ricin @zorba990 . ive used pharma grade and cold pressed- no difference. if you want peace of mind then just use pharma grade
how is your experiment going ? anything new to report?

Sumbody

I can report that topical application in Johnsonville produced zero effects other than sticky, oily residue. Applied it before bed.

Maybe some oils/brands out there are filled to the brim with falsehood.

Used Heritage brand easily found on Amazon.

Perhaps some folks won't absorb the oil as well, and or it just won't produce those desired effects for some.

Can't report on hair, because I have plenty in that department, plus I did not ingest any. Put some on my face around the eyes and forehead. Made skin feel pretty soft the following day. I could see it being good for plumping and smoothing the skin with extended use.

Vandivier

Forum Supporter

Thanks for pointing it out. I appreciate the concern.

In general, I mix DMSO with reverse osmosis water. It usually makes it not sting mixed in that way. Especially important since I use it on my scrotum along with K, Pregnenolone, and DHEA.

I had a very busy week at work, so did not get around to do the topical application until this morning.

I did a 1:1 of 1mL Castor Oil to DMSO, but it was still too thick. So I further diluted with 1mL of Ethyl Alcohol and then applied it to my scalp. It did not sting as much as I was expecting. It feels more like tingling. After 30 min, I still feel tingling and took a look in the mirror and skin looks fine; no redness. Scalp does feel a bit greasy, so I might have to play a bit more with ratios. We will see.

Wolf

Good effect as in beard/facial hairgrowth?
Hair growth has accelerated for the "mature" hairs with a few more small fine hairs in areas where there were none previously. The increase in growth rate for the mature hairs is far more pronounced. I try to only leave the mix on for 30-40 min before patting dry with a paper towel or washing my face. I've left it on for too long and got some irritation(clogged pores?).

Dutchie

Hair growth has accelerated for the "mature" hairs with a few more small fine hairs in areas where there were none previously. The increase in growth rate for the mature hairs is far more pronounced. I try to only leave the mix on for 30-40 min before patting dry with a paper towel or washing my face. I've left it on for too long and got some irritation(clogged pores?).
Ok, thanks.
Lol ...I don't want thickening or any facial hairgrowth for that matter.😉

Mossy

As is no surprise for me, taking the lower-half of a 00 capsule filled with organic, cold pressed castor oil is very harsh on my gut and system. It can give me seismic bowel movements that are very stressful on my system. I'm glad to hear others are having success; it's par for the course for me, to get negative side effects. Maybe I'll use it topically, or in much smaller doses.

Mauritio

As is no surprise for me, taking the lower-half of a 00 capsule filled with organic, cold pressed castor oil is very harsh on my gut and system. It can give me seismic bowel movements that are very stressful on my system. I'm glad to hear others are having success; it's par for the course for me, to get negative side effects. Maybe I'll use it topically, or in much smaller doses.
Just start with a drop or two. the laxative effect will vanish, the body gets used to it. Thats at least how it was for me.

Momado965

It should've yes both by the the chemicals it contains and due to the laxative effect. I am using the undecylenic acid with meals as it's supposed to inhibt fungal growth/biofilm formation/morphological transition. I am not sure how much of a difference it makes tho in regards to my progress.

I've also read it naturally occurs in human sweat altough i dont know how accurate that statement is.

Oddly enough my biggest pufa sin Black seed oil seems to make the biggest difference thus far in regards to my dental health (brown ugly teeth getting white again slowly but surely) but this is getting offtopic. However in alot of antiaging and pro health strategies i always seem to find compounds that are often used in antifungal protocols. I dont think that is a accident to be honest.

Can you explain more about your black seed oil regimen? What has it done for you dental health and how long before effects were noticeable?

Mossy

Just start with a drop or two. the laxative effect will vanish, the body gets used to it. Thats at least how it was for me.
Good to know. Thank you.

Ben.

Can you explain more about your black seed oil regimen? What has it done for you dental health and how long before effects were noticeable?

My apologies i need to be careful mentioning short term progress with certain remedies. I will make a thread about it should i manage to improve/heal my dental health long term.

Castor oil and black seed oil seem both to be very fascinating in how they affect biofilms, digestion, fungi etc.

Momado965

My apologies i need to be careful mentioning short term progress with certain remedies. I will make a thread about it should i manage to improve/heal my dental health long term.

Castor oil and black seed oil seem both to be very fascinating in how they affect biofilms, digestion, fungi etc.

What positives have you noticed using black seed oil so far?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom