Caffeine Increases DHT By Enhancing 5-alpha Reductase

bloom

DHEA and androsterone increase 5-AR activity.
I know, the problem is I live in Australia those are banned substances. Also as I said I'm looking to specifically increase 5ar in the CNS, if I could find something which specifically does that I'd be golden. Anything which increases androgens peripherally makes me worse (negative feedback I speculate). There are so many reports of guys on propeciahelp who deteriorate on things like, creatine, sorghum flour, Proviron, TRT. You speculated awhile ago that if Nicotinamide acts like a benzodiazepine then it should stimulate 5ar activity in the same way Valium does (the orthomolecular Dr's have been using nicotinamide for anxiety for decades). Well I can confirm that, I started taking 3 grams, it induced almost a second puberty, almost completely resolved my PFS, and produced a profound sedative and anxiolytic effect (sorghum shrunk my junk, as did creatine). The problem is that this effect wore off after a while in the same way benzodiazepines effects lessen with extended use. So I intend to cycle high does of Nicotinamide. Glycine is great, but it's extremely hard to get the right concentrations, the study you mentioned specifically states Glycine stimulates 5AR activity at 1uM AND 35uM. If you could find anything that'd be great, I'm going to start looking for things which specifically increase 5ar in the CNS. Ritalin and Tegretol are too hard to get a hold of and can be dangerous.

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I know, the problem is I live in Australia those are banned substances. Also as I said I'm looking to specifically increase 5ar in the CNS, if I could find something which specifically does that I'd be golden. Anything which increases androgens peripherally makes me worse (negative feedback I speculate). There are so many reports of guys on propeciahelp who deteriorate on things like, creatine, sorghum flour, Proviron, TRT. You speculated awhile ago that if Nicotinamide acts like a benzodiazepine then it should stimulate 5ar activity in the same way Valium does (the orthomolecular Dr's have been using nicotinamide for anxiety for decades). Well I can confirm that, I started taking 3 grams, it induced almost a second puberty, almost completely resolved my PFS, and produced a profound sedative and anxiolytic effect (sorghum shrunk my junk, as did creatine). The problem is that this effect wore off after a while in the same way benzodiazepines effects lessen with extended use. So I intend to cycle high does of Nicotinamide. Glycine is great, but it's extremely hard to get the right concentrations, the study you mentioned specifically states Glycine stimulates 5AR activity at 1uM AND 35uM. If you could find anything that'd be great, I'm going to start looking for things which specifically increase 5ar in the CNS. Ritalin and Tegretol are too hard to get a hold of and can be dangerous.

Well, if it is any help, anything that lowers serotonin also increases 5-AR activity so you may want to try the BCAA/tyrosine combo discussed in other threads to lower serotonin in the brain. Thyroid also increases 5-AR acivity.

bloom

Cheers, I have a bottle of your Tyromix, as well as tyrosine. I'll give em' a try

IhateFin

I just bought caffeine pills 200mg. Should I take like half a pill or a full pill every other day? And at what time? Like noon? I wanna increase 5AR while salvaging my adrenal hormones. I fixed my cortisol issue and actually have really high dhea in the 400s according to bloods. What should I do?

sladerunner69

I just bought caffeine pills 200mg. Should I take like half a pill or a full pill every other day? And at what time? Like noon? I wanna increase 5AR while salvaging my adrenal hormones. I fixed my cortisol issue and actually have really high dhea in the 400s according to bloods. What should I do?

That's really up to you, I would start experimenting. Personally I do best on 1-2 caffiene pills (200mg) per day a long with plenty of food of course.

Does coffee make insulin resistance worse or better? thus improving sensitivity?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals