Vitamin B2 And Erection Quality

japanesedude

Riboflavin knowns as a 5AR inihibitor.

Riboflavin, a testosterone 5 alpha-reductase inhibitor. - PubMed - NCBI
https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/antibiotics1968/43/12/43_12_1615/_pdf

but in my experience, I take 100mg B2 occasionally and noticed,B2 makes my Erection much stronger,keep Erection harder,prevent Premature ejaculation,easy to control not to cum,and make orgasm stronger.

I don't know what kind of mechanism. but B2 is really effective for male issues especially for helping ED.

this web page explains more info.

F*CK Portion Control!

GAF

So, I saw this on Tuesday. Got me some 250 mg B2 from Sprouts. It is Saturday morning.

Never tried anything that has hit me as hard and fast as this stuff in many good ways.

I guess I have been deficient for 60 years. I am sure I have consumed more than the RDA for whole life.

You brave rats out there might be shocked too if you give it a try.

We shall see if the effects continue. So far, zero downside. On Thursday, bumped it to one in the morning, one in afternoon.

Let's just say, my quickness in the dance floor scared the **** out of me. Basically, I couldn't keep up with myself.

More effects later...

Tarmander

Only thing to be careful of is its effect on sleep. Can take a little while to build up but it can give some wicked insomnia.

stressucks

Only thing to be careful of is its effect on sleep. Can take a little while to build up but it can give some wicked insomnia.

From what I understand, sleep issues would come from supplementing at night. Since it prevents the release of glucose.

OP
japanesedude

japanesedude

So, I saw this on Tuesday. Got me some 250 mg B2 from Sprouts. It is Saturday morning.

Never tried anything that has hit me as hard and fast as this stuff in many good ways.

I guess I have been deficient for 60 years. I am sure I have consumed more than the RDA for whole life.

You brave rats out there might be shocked too if you give it a try.

We shall see if the effects continue. So far, zero downside. On Thursday, bumped it to one in the morning, one in afternoon.

Let's just say, my quickness in the dance floor scared the **** out of me. Basically, I couldn't keep up with myself.

More effects later...

Im glad to hear your experience.
B2 seems neccesary for improve body's B3 and B6 levels so its good to take B2 instead of other B vitamins.
personally,
However,Ray recommends only 10mg - 20mg daily. He also said , taking 100mg+ B2 can cause too much stress, especially when exposed to the sun.

I agree.
insomnia and breathlessness are common side effects of B2.

GAF

Therefore, riboflavin deficiency may increase the risk of PD via down-regulation of mitochondrial complex I function. In addition, it was demonstrated that glutathione depletion was one of the earliest oxidative signs detected in the course of PD, suggesting that oxidative damage occurs even before complex I deficiency27. Since FAD is a coenzyme for glutathione reductase, it is not surprising that riboflavin deficiency will lead to glutathione depletion. The pathway analysis in this study also demonstrated that PD was one of the most significantly altered pathways after riboflavin deficiency. Therefore, we speculate that riboflavin may play a critical role in the physiopathologic process of PD. Further studies are warranted to investigate the relationship between riboflavin status and PD.

From - www.nature.com/articles/srep45861/metrics

Article is over my head, but found above to be interesting

GAF

I have experienced the opposite of breathlessness with B2 and the big increase in energy definitely increases food requirements. If one doesn't eat, then headache will surely follow.

Btw, PD in the previous post is Parkinson's Disease.

D

Deleted member 5487

Riboflavin should be tried by everyone.

It REVS up your metabolism. Causing stress reactions if you do have almost constant streams of carbs and some protein/fat.

You'll feel fine then feel pretty terrible and arm pits will start dripping

Im dropping weight FAST though, eating as much as I can

D

Deleted member 5487

Don't know prob 8-10mg after meals, But I had to lower my dosage, it was way to stressful

haidut

Forum Supporter
To everybody trying B2 - it powerfully lowers serotonin and this alone can explain many of its prosexual and anti-fatigue effects. The mechanism through which B2 does this is the enzyme MOA-A. That enzyme is copper- and riboflavin-dependent with the latter being the limiting factor. Riboflavin is approved as a drug to treat migraines in some countries and migraines are known to be caused by serotonin. In fact, many anti-serotonin drugs like methysergide, pizotifen (a cousin of cypro), ketotifen, etc are approved as migraine treatments in most Western countries. Clinical studies with humans show that 400mg riboflavin daily is effective for migraines and 800mg is effective even in highly treatment-resistant cases. Just Google for "riboflavin migraines".
Anything that lowers serotonin in the brain will increase testosterone synthesis, as Peat mentioned once in regards to the chemical Fenclonine (search his website for more info). So, B2 being able to lower serotonin the brain will likely have pro-dopamine and pro-testosterone effects. If you use the activated form R5P (the form we use in Energin) you need much lower doses - i.e. 10mg-20mg daily will have the same effects as a riboflavin Hcl dose that is 10-20 times higher (200mg-400mg).
Just my 2c.

Tarmander

If I can add, taking small amounts of riboflavin through the day instead of all at once really makes it easier. If I remember right, it shuts off glycogen release and so can cause anxiety and overstimulation very rapidly. Small doses through the day will make it less stressful.

Arnold Grape

Recently, over the past 4-6 weeks, I was experiencing the positive effects of taking approximately 1 one hundred milligram b-2 over the course of the day. (e.g. increased mood, energy, etc.) During that time, I experienced minor cold symptoms and occasionally, a runny nose soon after supplementing. Yesterday, we experienced the first day of good sun where I live, and after sitting in sunlight for approximately 25 minutes I had dreadful, flu type symptoms that I have not experienced in a long while. Today I have dipped the b-2 and I have felt suicidally depressed. I have no idea how this works, but it seems to couple the whole sunlight + b2 = oxidative stress that people are mentioning. Now if I could just reverse this feeling.

D

Deleted member 5487

To everybody trying B2 - it powerfully lowers serotonin and this alone can explain many of its prosexual and anti-fatigue effects. The mechanism through which B2 does this is the enzyme MOA-A. That enzyme is copper- and riboflavin-dependent with the latter being the limiting factor. Riboflavin is approved as a drug to treat migraines in some countries and migraines are known to be caused by serotonin. In fact, many anti-serotonin drugs like methysergide, pizotifen (a cousin of cypro), ketotifen, etc are approved as migraine treatments in most Western countries. Clinical studies with humans show that 400mg riboflavin daily is effective for migraines and 800mg is effective even in highly treatment-resistant cases. Just Google for "riboflavin migraines".
Anything that lowers serotonin in the brain will increase testosterone synthesis, as Peat mentioned once in regards to the chemical Fenclonine (search his website for more info). So, B2 being able to lower serotonin the brain will likely have pro-dopamine and pro-testosterone effects. If you use the activated form R5P (the form we use in Energin) you need much lower doses - i.e. 10mg-20mg daily will have the same effects as a riboflavin Hcl dose that is 10-20 times higher (200mg-400mg).
Just my 2c.

Which would explain the great increase in blood flow to skin, under eyes bags disappears, scalp, and penile blood flow.

Between B2 and Collagen my serotonin issues have been crushed, I also like a big dose of L-Thenaine before bed.

Haidut, I believe you have said the worst thing in the world is Tryptophan and Serotonin

aguilaroja

...If you use the activated form R5P (the form we use in Energin) you need much lower doses - i.e. 10mg-20mg daily will have the same effects as a riboflavin Hcl dose that is 10-20 times higher (200mg-400mg).
Just as a clarification for readers, though it is included through context:
@haidut is speaking about R5P that is riboflavin-5′-phosphate, [Flavin mononucleotide (FMN)]. Riboflavin-5′-phosphate is the activated B2.

The same (R5P) abbreviation is frequently used in biology for Ribose 5-phosphate, which is not commonly used as a nutrient. Some companies are marketing various D-ribose products. These are not B2 products.

Successful treatment of a child with definite Meniere's disease with the migraine regimen. - PubMed - NCBI
"a 5-year-old girl with a 6-month history of left-sided hearing loss followed by daily episodes of vertigo, headache, and vomiting who met the criteria for definite MD[Meniere's disease]. The patient became symptom-free and gained near normal hearing levels after starting on a 6-week migraine diet/lifestyle regimen with riboflavin and magnesium....symptoms of MD [Meniere's disease] may be primarily due to a vestibular migraine phenomenon."

haidut

Forum Supporter
Just as a clarification for readers, though it is included through context:
@haidut is speaking about R5P that is riboflavin-5′-phosphate, [Flavin mononucleotide (FMN)]. Riboflavin-5′-phosphate is the activated B2.

The same (R5P) abbreviation is frequently used in biology for Ribose 5-phosphate, which is not commonly used as a nutrient. Some companies are marketing various D-ribose products. These are not B2 products.

Successful treatment of a child with definite Meniere's disease with the migraine regimen. - PubMed - NCBI
"a 5-year-old girl with a 6-month history of left-sided hearing loss followed by daily episodes of vertigo, headache, and vomiting who met the criteria for definite MD[Meniere's disease]. The patient became symptom-free and gained near normal hearing levels after starting on a 6-week migraine diet/lifestyle regimen with riboflavin and magnesium....symptoms of MD [Meniere's disease] may be primarily due to a vestibular migraine phenomenon."

Yes, thank you for the clarification. Did not know the same abbreviation is used for other pharma products.

jmojo

Just my 2c.

@haidut , what are your thoughts on Chris Masterjohn's take that regular plain riboflavin is superior to R5P:

"I have, for years, believed that riboflavin 5’-phosphate (aka, flavin mononucleotide or FMN) supplements are better than plain old riboflavin, especially for people who are hypothyroid or have low adrenal status, since these conditions impair the activation of riboflavin to it’s 5’-phosphate form. After doing the research for this podcast I now believe that for healthy people it makes no difference and that for people with small intestinal pathologies, the cheaper, less fancy, plain old “riboflavin” is likely to be more effective."

"they (plain riboflavin and R5P) are both equal in every context studied (making it pointless to use R5P if it is more expensive, and making calling it “activated” total marketing BS).

However, the enzymes needed for hydrolyzing the P are brush border enzymes. The brush border is known to be assaulted in small intestinal disease. So it makes sense that R5P might have poor absorption in small intestinal diseases that damage the brush border."

Back
Top Bottom