PUFA And MUFA Are Strong Inhibitors Of 5-AR, Saturated Fatty Acids Are Not

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
So where do we go from here regarding fats particularly for androgen optimisation 15-20% of Sat fat based sources?

I think coconut oil and butter are still best. The overall effects of these is pretty androgenic for me. There is always something like DeFibron but for those looking strictly at diet these fats should be OK. If you look at the third screenshot in my post above you will see even the saturated fats that were 5-AR inhbitory were almost an order of magnitude weaker than the unsaturated ones like linoleic and oleic acids.

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Does Oleyl alcohol have enhancing effects? Is the chart implying this?
What's going on with Oleic acid then,is it converted into oleyl alcohol at any point?

This must be why Peat is recommending hydrogenated fats,people will think we have lost the plot on here,"peatarians" eating bags of sugar and hydrogenated fats,their so dogmatic etc

Yep, that's what I see as well. Oleyl alcohol could be ethyl or methyl oleate, and I suspect methyl oleate is also stimulatory on 5-AR, hence its effects as per the Gonadin thread. The other studies also found that the fatty acid alcohols were not inhibitory but unfortunately did not look at enhancement.

Drareg

Yep, that's what I see as well. Oleyl alcohol could be ethyl or methyl oleate, and I suspect methyl oleate is also stimulatory on 5-AR, hence its effects as per the Gonadin thread. The other studies also found that the fatty acid alcohols were not inhibitory but unfortunately did not look at enhancement.

Surprised to see the more crucial cardiolipin at these levels.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

sladerunner69

Yes this surely does portend the notion that 5ar may be the key to unlocking perpetual fruition over the accepted destiny of postmodernist geneticism- forever shall it toil. When to portay a selective measure over one that is dynamic yet confidenced in scientific fruition? That is the query of the current age indeed.

Kray

eggs have archadonic acid so why peat recommends us to eat every day 2 of them ?

Peat says pasture-raised eggs are better quality, therefore several a day is not a problem. Wonder what it is about them that might shed light on this topic. Perhaps something in the quality of mass-produced, commercial-farm eggs that make this more an issue...

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
None,it's just the cardiolipin contains said fats,no?

Well when we are younger the cadriolipin contains mostly palmitic acid but with age it gets replaced by PUFA. MitoLipin may change the cardiolipin composition when taken over time. I think Peat sent some studies about saturated PC changing cardiolipin composition back to saturated form.

postman

Ray's dietary recommendations seem pretty anti-androgenic in general. Tons of dairy, coconut oil, and sugar. It would be interesting to see before and after labs of peaters, testosterone, e2, and dht. Has Danny Roddy ever posted blood tests online?

Arrade

Is this why men who eat coconut oil look a bit feminine ?
I felt topical coconut oil for hairloss had a 5ar reducing effect with mental sides.
I didn’t go deep done in my study but a quick google search showed 50% reduction of the 5alpha dedicated enzyme with coconut oil. No thanks!

Last edited:

sladerunner69

I felt topical coconut oil for hairloss had a 5ar rescuing effect with mental sides.
I didn’t go deep done in my study but a quick google search showed 50% reduction of the 5alpha dedicated enzyme with coconut oil. No thanks!
So coconut oil rescues 5ar but also halves it? I don't understand your assertion here.

sladerunner69

Peat says pasture-raised eggs are better quality, therefore several a day is not a problem. Wonder what it is about them that might shed light on this topic. Perhaps something in the quality of mass-produced, commercial-farm eggs that make this more an issue...

Yes, the exact reason is that commercial eggs come from chickens fed a soy based diet, so the eggs are relatively high in PUFA. Pasture raised chickens feed on vegetations and insects, and the eggs seem to have at most half the pufa.