Rapamycin is Fantastic and Worth Trying

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Not that I’m aware of. Just took my first dose the other day.
My teeth and gums felt stronger somehow after my first dose which frankly seems impossible. I finally worked up the courage to go to the dentist after not going for 10 years just last week and got an excellent report. My mom had lost all of her teeth by my age so I’m really grateful.

Blaine

Yep, I’m the person who keeps posting about how nice my gums look now :). I also realized the other day that my teeth look a lot whiter now too, I think because I’m salivating more these days.

Well I’m took my first dose last night. 1mg and won’t dose again til next week.

I know we’re not supposed to “feel” it right away, but I did. My hands became noticeably smoother and warmer. I had great energy the rest of the day. Slept well that night, and did not experience any of the fatigue many say follows the next day. I’m beginning to suspect the “fatigue” is lowered stress hormones that people who run high cortisol/adrenaline, etc have no experience with.

In addition to this my gums became noticeably pinker, (vs a pinkish red) my teeth whitened, and they became hard and smooth, (running my tongue over them felt slippery?). Definitely a good thing.

In general it seemed similar to a feeling of high vitamin D that I might have mid-summer, or when I use a large dose of Pregnenalone/progesterone/thyroid. All these all these physical effects were noticeable within an hour of taking 1mg.

Great stuff
This is very interesting, thanks for sharing. I was also very surprised to feel immediate effects from 1mg, given that most anecdotes I read around the internet seemed to point to gradual benefits, if any.

Incidentally, I’m very familiar with the warm, relaxed feeling of lowered stress hormones (from taking progesterone, pregnenolone, etc.), but the fatigue I experienced from my first few rapa doses were unfortunately not that lovely sensation. The tiredness has nearly disappeared with time though, as I took my fourth dose yesterday and noticed only a slight dip in energy at the end of the day.

EvanHinkle

My teeth and gums felt stronger somehow after my first dose which frankly seems impossible. I finally worked up the courage to go to the dentist after not going for 10 years just last week and got an excellent report. My mom had lost all of her teeth by my age so I’m really grateful.
That’s incredible. I actually contemplated visiting the dentist myself. I can’t believe the turn-around in my oral health from one dose! Looking forward to those three month improvements so many seem to experience, (I can’t imagine feeling better).

EvanHinkle

Yep, I’m the person who keeps posting about how nice my gums look now :). I also realized the other day that my teeth look a lot whiter now too, I think because I’m salivating more these days.

This is very interesting, thanks for sharing. I was also very surprised to feel immediate effects from 1mg, given that most anecdotes I read around the internet seemed to point to gradual benefits, if any.

Incidentally, I’m very familiar with the warm, relaxed feeling of lowered stress hormones (from taking progesterone, pregnenolone, etc.), but the fatigue I experienced from my first few rapa doses were unfortunately not that lovely sensation. The tiredness has nearly disappeared with time though, as I took my fourth dose yesterday and noticed only a slight dip in energy at the end of the day.
Ok, gotcha. Sounds like you have a good awareness around the “lower stress hormones feeling.” I wasn’t referring to anyone specifically, but it seems like lots of the testimonials I read about Rapa and the fatigue come from folks who’s diets are more on the keto/low carb spectrum. Just a suspicion that popped in my head.

Blaine

Ok, gotcha. Sounds like you have a good awareness around the “lower stress hormones feeling.” I wasn’t referring to anyone specifically, but it seems like lots of the testimonials I read about Rapa and the fatigue come from folks who’s diets are more on the keto/low carb spectrum. Just a suspicion that popped in my head.
Yeah, I think that’s a perfectly reasonable suspicion as people can misinterpret the feeling of lowered stress. I’m rather envious of your experience, because unfortunately rapamycin does seem to temporarily weaken me, plus I have more water retention in my face, rougher skin, and limp hair for like 48 hours after a dose. I also noticed it’s harder to concentrate on a single task and I’m a bit clumsy during this time.

That said, I really don’t care to much about these short-term effects because the benefits seem pretty amazing.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
seems like lots of the testimonials I read about Rapa and the fatigue come from folks who’s diets are more on the keto/low carb spectrum. Just a suspicion that popped in my head.
Yes, I believe your correct. I’ve noticed I need more carbs especially on the day of dosing and the following day. I read something along those lines as well and it had to due with lower insulin levels when people are low carb/keto.
In hindsight I seem to be completely adjusted to rapa now after 7 weeks. I don’t notice much when I take my weekly dose anymore and I generally just feel good. Thank God, because I’ve been micromanaging my health for years and tried a lot of things that helped but not quite enough. I felt like there was a fundamental block in my system that I couldn’t break through. Perhaps it was mainly just overactive mTOR?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Looking forward to those three month improvements so many seem to experience, (I can’t imagine feeling better).
Yes! My husband reports the same so I know it’s not just me having a placebo response. My dog is doing better with every dose.

EvanHinkle

Dose two today. More of the same. Smooth skin and pink gums within an hour of administration. My teeth were like a non-stick pan all week. Nothing could get stuck on them and no tarter/plaque that I could detect. That effect waned somewhat yesterday into today, but again, within an hour of administration, right back to slick, smooth and perfectly clean. I remarked to my wife that my teeth seem straighter, (she seemed skeptical, but when she looked at them, agreed!).

Last week I had an incredible night’s sleep on the day I dosed. Looking forward to that tonight. Will report back if I notice anything new, but the effects have been so positive that I just don’t know what else could happen really?

TAG145

Forum Supporter
Need help-sorry if I’m being dumb about this, but would love to order some for my dogs and myself but ultimately do I need a rx no matter where I order? I looked at ADC and India Mart that was mention in podcast but they ask for rx. I am in the Dog Aging Project with my one dog, he’ll be 10 next week. I don’t think we qualified for the study because of location. He is a Flat-coated retriever, breed is riddled with cancer. We had our 3 previous dogs die of cancer so we’ve done a lot to try keep him healthy. Please let me know if you have some advice how to acquire this. I have little doubt our vet would prescribe if I asked but I do want to try it for myself as well. Thank you in advance. Right now Jax is pawing me to walk him so gotta go😊

Blaine

@TAG145 IIRC, ADC pretends to ask you for a prescription when you check out, but if you just ignore it the order will still go through fine. I’ve ordered a number of things from them without ever presenting a script. Best of luck with your retriever!

Blaine

Dose two today. More of the same. Smooth skin and pink gums within an hour of administration. My teeth were like a non-stick pan all week. Nothing could get stuck on them and no tarter/plaque that I could detect. That effect waned somewhat yesterday into today, but again, within an hour of administration, right back to slick, smooth and perfectly clean. I remarked to my wife that my teeth seem straighter, (she seemed skeptical, but when she looked at them, agreed!).

Last week I had an incredible night’s sleep on the day I dosed. Looking forward to that tonight. Will report back if I notice anything new, but the effects have been so positive that I just don’t know what else could happen really?
Amazing, I’m glad you mentioned that your teeth seem straighter, because I thought mine did as well but I wasn’t sure if I was imagining things. I would think teeth would take some time to alter their position, but apparently not.

I can also now confirm that my teeth have gotten a lot whiter. All the lights in my home bathroom are very warm yellow incandescents, so the change was hard to detect until I recently stayed at someone else’s house with regular white lights. Very positive development.

EvanHinkle

Need help-sorry if I’m being dumb about this, but would love to order some for my dogs and myself but ultimately do I need a rx no matter where I order? I looked at ADC and India Mart that was mention in podcast but they ask for rx. I am in the Dog Aging Project with my one dog, he’ll be 10 next week. I don’t think we qualified for the study because of location. He is a Flat-coated retriever, breed is riddled with cancer. We had our 3 previous dogs die of cancer so we’ve done a lot to try keep him healthy. Please let me know if you have some advice how to acquire this. I have little doubt our vet would prescribe if I asked but I do want to try it for myself as well. Thank you in advance. Right now Jax is pawing me to walk him so gotta go😊
Amazing, I’m glad you mentioned that your teeth seem straighter, because I thought mine did as well but I wasn’t sure if I was imagining things. I would think teeth would take some time to alter their position, but apparently not.

I can also now confirm that my teeth have gotten a lot whiter. All the lights in my home bathroom are very warm yellow incandescents, so the change was hard to detect until I recently stayed at someone else’s house with regular white lights. Very positive development.
There’s x-rays floating out on the net of mice with jawlines that have regenerated from Rapa use. I want to say the experiment was 8 weeks, (so like you said, would never expect such results so quickly-but here we are!). I’ll see if I can find the pictures

GenericName86

So I've seen people mention the biocon one from All day chemist but for me only two show up when searching and neither are from biocon? I think it's just me and I'm missing something here lol

Blossom

Forum Supporter
So I've seen people mention the biocon one from All day chemist but for me only two show up when searching and neither are from biocon? I think it's just me and I'm missing something here lol
I received biocon the first time I ordered and zydus the second time even though I ordered the same thing and just the quantity was different. I haven’t noticed any difference in the two.

Blaine

P
Pretty amazing results. I continue to be amazed by how powerful inhibiting mtor seems to be. I think a few weeks ago @Blossom and I were discussing how rapamycin made other health interventions seem like child’s play, and I definitely still feel that way. I usually enjoy experimenting with various supplements, which is probably a subconscious way of trying to feel better, but since starting rapa I notice I have little interest in them, as I sense I’m on increasingly solid footing.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
since starting rapa I notice I have little interest in them, as I sense I’m on increasingly solid footing.
Yes, exactly. It’s definitely hard to put into words but so many things just feel like they are working correctly again. May I ask your age @Blaine?
I never thought I’d be able to pull off working 12 hour shifts again (ideally I wouldn’t) but the point is that I can do it in my 50’s! My grandmother and great grandmother both died at age 39 and although my mom made it to 69 she had very poor health from her mid 30’s until the end. That’s a big part of what has driven me to really pay attention to my health.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals