The Sulforaphane thread

ironfist

Posters -

I want to bring up this subject again? Why? Look, honestly, it's because I found some Broccomax I had that I forgot about. I remember reading the threads on longecity -- links later after main -- and thinking that was the best supplement ever. I bought and used Broccomax for a while until I kind of forgot about it.

So anyway, I decided I might want to order some more, and I noticed Broccomax changed its formula.

Before

post-25559-0-00765700-1662153295.jpg

After

post-25559-0-86962500-1662153334.png

One capsule was 30mg.
Now two capsules is 35mg

Standardization was not specified before.

Old dosage not pictured was 1-3 capsules per day (30-90mg).
New recommendation is 2 capsules per day (35mg).
Old "proprietary" blend contained calcium ascorbate

So, I emailed Jarrow to find out how much sulphoraphane is in the dose. For those of you who remember, we learned a variety of things from those threads:

1) sulforaphane is essentially unstable
2) something called SGS (Sulforaphane glucosinolate) is not sulforaphane, yet is called this to make it seem like you're getting sulforaphane. But, this, when mixed with myrosinase, becomes sulforaphane.
3) neat supplements include myrosinase

So anyway, Jarrow told me that TWO PILLS (one serving) has been shown in vitro to contain 8mg of sulforaphane.

Look, this makes me wonder, are we even actually getting any sulforaphane from this product?

I remember a member here, @ChristineH had a company making a competing product.

These threads were a while ago. New products have come out since, including:

BROQ (broq.life is the website)

Then @GABAergic mentioned in this thread that, stated therein "i was reading about Nrf activators possibly being detrimental for general health long term. im pretty sure regular high dose long term use of sulforaphane is not a good idea. i have personally being using it for a while now, and i do feel strange at times, kind of very tired when going to sleep and waking up next day. reminds me of fasting a bit, which also causes nrf activation. i would suggest to be careful with this stuff as i do not feel any much better than when i first started 3 months ago."

Next, @Ames replied "Another point to keep in mind for sulforaphane is that it is an inhibitor of MTOR (and feels like it). And that the common wisdom is for MTOR inhibitors to be dosed only intermittently, as adjusted for age.

I think that prominent poster here recommended Rapamycin be taken at a frequency of once per week or so, even at his age of 60+.

That may be where I end up with sulforaphane."

A product mentioned in one of the older threads by @Heisok mentioned one called Prostaphane which was only available in France. This product is now called broq, and can be researched at the link above.

Christine's product is Endura Cell, cell-logic-usa.com - Welcome to Your One-Stop Supplement Store in the US.

I want to know, what are the best products for getting sulforaphane? Are they safe? NRF and MTOR and stuff.

Lots of other supplements with what may be suspicious or non-precise ingredients.

Links to other threads on longecity:

https://www.longecit...nable-efficacy/

https://www.longecit...9-sulforaphane/

https://www.longecit...-the-sirtulins/

https://www.longecit...they-be-cycled/

https://www.longecit...stine-houghton/

OP
I

ironfist

According to broq.life, the producers of Prosaphane in America, this product broq has 26mg of sulforaphane per dose.

This is a chart they posted based on their own research.

bar-chart-1-6-21_980x.jpg

Seeing how Broccomax has only 2.07mg is bizarre because they claim that it is 8mg per serving, HOWEVER, Broccomax themself says it is in vitro.

Has anyone used this? People online are saying it reduces aspects of autism, really?

frannybananny

According to broq.life, the producers of Prosaphane in America, this product broq has 26mg of sulforaphane per dose.

This is a chart they posted based on their own research.

View attachment 41902

Seeing how Broccomax has only 2.07mg is bizarre because they claim that it is 8mg per serving, HOWEVER, Broccomax themself says it is in vitro.

Has anyone used this? People online are saying it reduces aspects of autism, really?
I hope this doesn't sound silly in this thread but I get my sulphorophane by sprouting organic broccoli seeds... it is quite easy to do and you know it's pure.

ddjd

I hope this doesn't sound silly in this thread but I get my sulphorophane by sprouting organic broccoli seeds... it is quite easy to do and you know it's pure.
any tips for doing this, thinking about starting...

frannybananny

any tips for doing this, thinking about starting...
Just get a mason jar, buy a sprouting lid available on Amazon or different places. Buy organic broccoli seed from Amazon or your choice of vendor. You soak the seed in the jar for 24 hours in a dark place in your cupboard. The next day pour off the water in the jar, rinse seeds again, pour off, then only fill it very slightly with water so that when the jar is on its side the seeds are slightly covered. leave jar on side, I prop mine up in a wide bowl at an angle so the water drains off and set in a sunny window. Repeat each day until the seeds sprout, let them grow in the window for 5-6 days or until jar fills up with sprouots. Then I drain all water off and put in fridge.

oxphoser

I just want to add to this that if you live in a cold climate and your house is chilly (mine is at 67 deg F which is 19.4 Celcius), my sprouts didn’t do well. So I put them in the oven with a hot water bottle (the oven was off). They really sprouted faster this way. You have to replace the hot water bottle a couple of times a day because it cools down. So I would guess the sprouts do best when the surrounding air temperature is in the 70s.