Rate My Anti-Aging Stack

OccamzRazer

All valid points for discussion. I did tried increasing B-vitamins, zinc etc. but none helped for skin specifically, even though it helped with a lot of other metabolic things.

Here is a quick physique update - Eating close to 4k calories a day and training once or twice a week.
View attachment 23048
Good physique! Height and weight, if I can ask?

Have you tried higher frequency training?

If anti stress measures are taken I think the benefits of more training outweigh the risks, at least for a young person.

OccamzRazer

Also, I don't want to derail your thread, so hopefully this is more helpful than distracting.

But...given you're trying to optimize your strength and longevity...

Have you looked at how the silver era bodybuilders lived, ate, and trained?

Guys like Reg Park, Steve Reeves, John Grimek.

I ask because these bodybuilders were incredibly strong, very well built, AND young-looking for their age.

They did not have steroids during the early parts of their careers, so perhaps they provide a glimpse into what's possible naturally. I've been looking into their methodologies and it's been fascinating.

AndrogenicJB

Also, I don't want to derail your thread, so hopefully this is more helpful than distracting.

I ask because these bodybuilders were incredibly strong, very well built, AND young-looking for their age.

They did not have steroids during the early parts of their careers, so perhaps they provide a glimpse into what's possible naturally. I've been looking into their methodologies and it's been fascinating.
Do you think low rep heavy weight training builds as much muscle as high rep moderate weight

OccamzRazer

Do you think low rep heavy weight training builds as much muscle as high rep moderate weight
I wouldn't view it as an either or thing. Look into "powerbuilding."

Basically you begin a workout by doing heavy compounds - singles up to 90+% of 1RM.

Once fatigued from that you can then switch to high rep, isolated movements. Or bodyweight movements.

IMO the heavy compounds are most important. Deadlift, weighted pullups, bench press, overhead press, squat, etc.

Without those it's too easy to spin your wheels.

The high rep isolation lifts are just icing on the cake.

Sefton10

I wouldn't view it as an either or thing. Look into "powerbuilding."

Basically you begin a workout by doing heavy compounds - singles up to 90+% of 1RM.

Once fatigued from that you can then switch to high rep, isolated movements. Or bodyweight movements.

IMO the heavy compounds are most important. Deadlift, weighted pullups, bench press, overhead press, squat, etc.

Without those it's too easy to spin your wheels.

The high rep isolation lifts are just icing on the cake.
After 20+ years of playing around with training, my advice would just be to train when you feel good and energetic. Ditch the log book and complicated plan, mix it up and just do what feels right that day. As long as you put some decent force through the musculature fairly regularly and eat enough you will pretty much get the physique you can get.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Just the "obligatory" questions
At which timepoint did you measure your temperature (before vs after breakfast, midday, stress?)
How is your fasting tolerance (glycogen stores)?
How can you exclude not running on "stress metabolism"?
What do you mean by "high caloric demands"? - edit: already answered
Normally I take my body temperature and pulse when I wake up and somewhere in the midday, 20min after a meal.
I. can do 12-14h fasting with no stress symptoms at the moment. After 16-17h of not eating I feel stressed and slightly anxious.
I cannot say with certainty that I am not running on the "stress metabolism".

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Good physique! Height and weight, if I can ask?

Have you tried higher frequency training?

If anti stress measures are taken I think the benefits of more training outweigh the risks, at least for a young person.
Height is 182 cm. Weight around 89 kg.
I did train at a higher frequency in the past. But due to lockdown I train at a small home gym from a friend of mine. It contains a squat rack, 2 barbells and a lot of weights and I basically do main lifts atm, with some hypertrophy sets of curls, side lateral raises at the end of the workout.

Last edited:
OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

No problem! I love to hear from you guys.

I haven't looked into that specifically, but maybe I should!

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

I changed my stack a little bit, according to some of your recommendations. Thanks a lot, everyone!

I took out the retinol supplement for now. I eat beef liver anyway.
I reduced the niacinamide dose to 500mg 1-2x a day.
I reduced the vitamin D dose to 6000 IU.

The last days I took a stack that I really liked, usually before 1 or 2 meals a day. The meals contain around 100g of carbs, 40g protein and 10g fats, each.

Niacinamide 500mg
TMG 500mg
Thiamin HCL 200mg
Magnesiumglycinate 200mg
CoQ10 100mg​

OccamzRazer

No problem! I love to hear from you guys.

I haven't looked into that specifically, but maybe I should!
You'd probably find it fascinating then!

While Efferding is super smart and obviously super strong...his methods should be viewed within the context of "great for someone on steroids" IMO.

The silver era bodybuilders, on the other hand, seemed to hone in on what worked best within a natural context.

OccamzRazer

Height is 182 cm. Weight around 89 kg.
I did train at a higher frequency in the past. But due to lockdown I train at a small home gym from a friend of mine. It contains a squat rack, 2 barbells and a lot of weights and I basically do main lifts atm, with some hypertrophy sets of curls, side lateral raises at the end of the workout.
Gotcha. Ever considered getting some gymnastic rings? They're super effective and would probably fit pretty easily into a home gym. They might make it easier to avoid overtaxing the CNS.

OccamzRazer

After 20+ years of playing around with training, my advice would just be to train when you feel good and energetic. Ditch the log book and complicated plan, mix it up and just do what feels right that day. As long as you put some decent force through the musculature fairly regularly and eat enough you will pretty much get the physique you can get.
That's a very good point! Whatever type of training is most enjoyable is probably best, especially in the long run.

The "powerbuilding" concept I mentioned doesn't have to be complicated, however. Maybe I didn't explain it very well. For me, it's not even a training plan - just a template that intuitively feels right to follow.

Perhaps it's even worth having a little more regimentation early on, when you begin training, and then phasing that out once you've come to really know your body.

Sefton10

Perhaps it's even worth having a little more regimentation early on, when you begin training, and then phasing that out once you've come to really know your body.
The trouble is a lot of people only get to know their body once they push it too far and get injured! Especially when hitting heavy powerlifting moves. A lot of the popular programmes are good in the short term and for beginners, but there’s always a focus to keep adding more and more weight to the bar. The ego usually always wins over common sense, especially if you train in a public gym.

It might take longer, but consistency and staying healthy over time is key. All roads lead to Rome eventually, better to get there in the healthiest way possible.

Every single person I know who lifted heavy for years has ended up injured and fat.

Jessie

That's pretty good I guess. The fish oil is something of a concern probably. If you avoid seed oils, nuts, and seeds you could probably get enough omega 3s from grassfed beef and occasional oysters. If longevity is the only goal, I would think the most important factors are eliminating vegetable oils, P/Ca ratio, reduce iron, and avoid excessive tryptophan, methionine, and cysteine. Peat seems to think lactate is at the center of the inflammation process, and I would happen to profoundly agree with him just based on my own personal experiences. So strategic supplementation with this in mind may be useful given our crappy environment. The magnesium and borax is probably really helpful for things like energy production, PTH, and pyruvate/lactate ratio.

Thing is, I'm petty much burned out on most supplements. So if I had a stack, it probably wouldn't look anything like what most people take. With the exception of vit D & K2, I don't even take vitamins anymore (including b vitamins). My "stack" would proabably be something like: antiseptics for bacterial load, coffee/caffeine for ATP & liver, cyproheptadine for serotonin, famotidine for glycogen, and magnesium for supporting sugar metabolism. Vitamin E, even in small amounts, makes me nauseous. So I prefer using aspirin and coconut oil to displace PUFA. Inosine is great for supporting the NAD/NADH & GSH/GSSG ratios, pyrucet is great for suppressing FAO, and the caine drugs procaine & lidocaine are great for their cardioproective, anticalcium, antistress effects.

Ben.

Gotcha. Ever considered getting some gymnastic rings? They're super effective and would probably fit pretty easily into a home gym. They might make it easier to avoid overtaxing the CNS.

Correct me if i am wrong but isn't gymnastic which includes ring training one of the hardest sports when it comes to taxing the central nervous system? I am not sure if i read it in some books i have lying around here or if i saw it on a graph.

Guess it depends how far one takes the ring training and what kind of excercises one is going to do with it. But if it is extremely taxing for the CNS then it probably isn't the best choice for longevity?

OccamzRazer

Correct me if i am wrong but isn't gymnastic which includes ring training one of the hardest sports when it comes to taxing the central nervous system? I am not sure if i read it in some books i have lying around here or if i saw it on a graph.

Guess it depends how far one takes the ring training and what kind of excercises one is going to do with it. But if it is extremely taxing for the CNS then it probably isn't the best choice for longevity?
You may very well be right.

I based the possibility that it's easier on a few things, most of them anecdotal:

- Gymnasts often look young for their age
- Gymnasts can train very frequently without overtraining
- Gymnastic stuff just feels less taxing/stressful on the CNS to me

OccamzRazer

The trouble is a lot of people only get to know their body once they push it too far and get injured! Especially when hitting heavy powerlifting moves. A lot of the popular programmes are good in the short term and for beginners, but there’s always a focus to keep adding more and more weight to the bar. The ego usually always wins over common sense, especially if you train in a public gym.

It might take longer, but consistency and staying healthy over time is key. All roads lead to Rome eventually, better to get there in the healthiest way possible.

Every single person I know who lifted heavy for years has ended up injured and fat.
Fair enough. As a former pro athlete I know my body really well, but that's not the case for all (or even most) people.

Agreed that patience and consistency are key, and rushing it probably comes at the expense of healthspan/longevity.

OccamzRazer

I changed my stack a little bit, according to some of your recommendations. Thanks a lot, everyone!

I took out the retinol supplement for now. I eat beef liver anyway.
I reduced the niacinamide dose to 500mg 1-2x a day.
I reduced the vitamin D dose to 6000 IU.

The last days I took a stack that I really liked, usually before 1 or 2 meals a day. The meals contain around 100g of carbs, 40g protein and 10g fats, each.
Nice!

Another idea: cordyceps.

Here's an excerpt from a study in fruit flies:

"The findings of our study indicate that CSOL prolongs the lifespan of fruit flies through an anti-oxidative stress pathway involving the upregulation of SOD1 and CAT activity and the inhibition of [lipofuscion] accumulation."

Anecdotally speaking, cordyceps make training feel WAY less stressful, which might indirectly benefit longevity even more.

Ben.

You may very well be right.

I based the possibility that it's easier on a few things, most of them anecdotal:

- Gymnasts often look young for their age
- Gymnasts can train very frequently without overtraining
- Gymnastic stuff just feels less taxing/stressful on the CNS to me

Gymnasts seem to usually stay on a "healthy" bodyweight/fat percentage which ofcourse is good/necessary for their sport.
Frequent training i think only works for thoose excercises that dont overload the muscle to much from a mechanical standpoint? (i can see pure strength muscle ups into onearm front/lever backlever to be something that may require regeneration/offdays)
This may be especially true for heavy load excercises (loaded pull ups/muscle ups/dips) that they may do in addition/supplemental to their bodyweight/ring training.

I guess the only thing which may be even harder for the CNS is HIIT/explosive stuff or powerlifter/strongman lifts?
May i ask what Gymnastic stuff you do? The planche taxes my CNS just by looking at someone doing it :sweatsmile:

Nice!

Another idea: cordyceps.

Here's an excerpt from a study in fruit flies:

"The findings of our study indicate that CSOL prolongs the lifespan of fruit flies through an anti-oxidative stress pathway involving the upregulation of SOD1 and CAT activity and the inhibition of [lipofuscion] accumulation."

Anecdotally speaking, cordyceps make training feel WAY less stressful, which might indirectly benefit longevity even more.

Isn't cordyceps benefting the mitochondria/ATP production? I think red beet works in that regard too. Maybe these 2 things are syngeristic with bitamin b3/b1?
I've cordyceps here but i didn't get to test it yet. Afterall it is a foreign fungi ... tried hericium recommended by my local pharmacy for stomache issues before but that didn't work well for me so i am kinda ... cautious.

In terms of Q10 Inaut posted something interesting here before:

Three-Step Strategy to Reverse Mitochondrial Aging

Three-Step Strategy to Reverse Mitochondrial Aging
According to cell biologists, the health of your mitochondria determines how long you will live. Research confirms how three compounds not only reduce damage to mitochondrial DNA but generate new, healthy mitochondria.

By Michael Downey, Health & Wellness Author.

Have you ever wondered how long you’re going to live? The potential answer can be found in the energy-producing cellular powerhouses called mitochondria.

According to a growing number of cell biologists, the number and functionality of the mitochondria specifically determine an individual’s life span.1-3

When we’re young, we are relatively protected against mitochondrial deterioration. As we age, however, changes within our cells lead to the destruction of mitochondria—paving the way for aging and disease.4-8

In 2007 scientists made a remarkable age-reversal discovery:

Damage to mitochondrial DNA becomes permanent a decade after mitochondrial dysfunction begins—and in the early stages, this damage remains reversible.9

In this article, you’ll learn about a 3-step program aimed at restoring your body’s vital mitochondrial health:

Step 1: Boost your body’s natural mitochondrial DNA defenses with CoQ10.

Step 2: Stimulate the creation of new mitochondria with PQQ.

Step 3: Support your body’s mitochondrial defense system with shilajit.

This strategy to reduce damage to existing mitochondrial DNA and create new mitochondria—is essential to inhibit a destructive cycle believed to be a root cause of aging.

Why We Need Mitochondria
aug2013_tsstrma_01.jpg

Found inside the body’s cells, mitochondria are responsible for producing our primary source of energy, adenosine triphosphate (ATP). ATP provides at least 95% of the cellular energy that powers all living functions.

Unfortunately, a byproduct of this energy generation is the formation of a huge stream of free radicals.4-7 Free radicals are molecules that possess a free electron—a property that makes them react with other molecules in volatile and highly destructive ways.10-12

Free radicals attack the structure of our cell membranes, creating metabolic waste products that disturb DNA and RNA production, interfere with the synthesis of protein, and destroy important cellular enzymes. Vital tissues and molecules decay under the assaults of free radicals.10-14 In addition, free-radical disruption of cell mechanics creates mutant cells, which are linked to cancer and cellular aging.15,16

Mitochondria are the easiest targets of free-radical injury for two reasons:

1. They are located exactly where these free radicals are produced, and
  2. They lack most of the antioxidant defenses found in other parts of the cell.17,18
Evidence strongly indicates that over time, accumulated damage to the DNA of the mitochondria in particular leads directly to metabolic disorders (such as diabetes) and degenerative disorders (such as Alzheimer’s).4-8,19-23

Mitochondrial dysfunction is primarily seen in organs and tissues that have a high demand for energy—explaining why cardiovascular tissue and brain neurons are among the most susceptible.24

When we’re young, we are largely protected against mitochondrial deterioration because our bodies produce substances to defend mitochondria from the onslaught of free radicals. However, as we age, that protection wanes, setting us up for a destructive cycle that accelerates aging and disease. As a result of this rapidly accelerating process, mitochondria in the cells of elderly people are mostly dysfunctional, whereas young individuals have virtually no mitochondrial damage.8,25-27

The Mitochondrial Theory of Aging
aug2013_tsstrma_02.jpg

Over time, there are three devastating changes within our cells that lead to the destruction of mitochondria—paving the way for aging and disease:4-7

• The rate of cellular production of two free radicals—superoxide anions and hydrogen peroxide —significantly increases, attacking mitochondria the most.
  • At the same time, intracellular levels of endogenous antioxidants that help prevent the harmful effects of free radicals decrease. There’s also a reduction in activities of free radical-scavengers that neutralize free radicals before they can attach themselves to other molecules. These decreases diminish the mitochondria’s normal defenses.
  • The accumulated oxidative damage to the mitochondrial DNA and other mitochondrial components (as well as the cell as a whole) leads to decay of the mitochondria—and from that decay, the release of even more free radicals!
According to the mitochondrial theory of aging, this ever-increasing spiral is—in itself—an aging process.4-8, 25,26 In fact, a growing number of cell biologists have suggested that the number and functionality of the mitochondria can specifically determine an individual’s longevity.1-3

Based on this body of scientific evidence, scientists determined that a key to slowing—and even reversing—a “natural” aging process would be a substance aimed at revitalizing youthful mitochondrial protection from free radicals.27

They discovered this mitochondrial solution in a substance that may already be in your nutrient regimen…coenzyme Q10.

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
aug2013_tsstrma_03.jpg

Block Mitochondrial Aging
  • Daily damage to mitochondrial DNA appears to be a root mechanism of aging.
  • If caught before it becomes permanent, early stage mitochondrial dysfunction can be reversed!
  • Levels of CoQ10—the body’s natural mitochondrial defense—decline rapidly with age. But breakthrough research has found that supplemental CoQ10 blocks mitochondrial aging.
  • Shilajit works synergistically with CoQ10 by replenishing its electron supply and increasing CoQ10 levels.
  • PQQ powerfully supports the protection afforded by CoQ10 and shilajit by triggering the creation of new mitochondria.
  • Taken together, CoQ10, PQQ, and shilajit offer a potent program to inhibit the intensely destructive cycle believed to be one of the root sources of aging!
Coenzyme Q10 Protects Mitochondria
Scientists have established that coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) is an essential nutrient for normal mitochondrial function (namely, the production and transfer of energy).28-30 When CoQ10 levels fall, mitochondrial dysfunction skyrockets.28 Studies have found that boosting CoQ10 levels via supplementation increases mitochondrial electron transport—whether the cells are deficient in CoQ10 or not.29,30

CoQ10’s ability to protect the vital mitochondria helps put an end to the vicious cycle that underscores a critical aspect of pathological aging. In fact, research with laboratory models has suggested that CoQ10 may be one of our most potent anti-aging nutrients. Studies have found that when cells or organisms are deficient in CoQ10, mitochondrial oxidative stress increases and aging is accelerated.28,31 However, supplementation triggers a significant slowing down of the aging process and an extended life span.32,33

One study showed that rats supplemented with CoQ10 experience a 24% increase in maximum life span and an 11.7% increase in average life span.34 In human terms, based on today’s life expectancy of 78.5 years, this mean increase translates to a more than 9-year increase in life span!35

CoQ10 also seems to work via a multi-targeted set of epigenetic mechanisms that not only slow aging—but that also protect against a variety of mitochondria-related diseases.36-38 Epigenetic mechanisms involve changes in gene function that do not relate to changes in gene structure.39 Studies have shown that CoQ10 protects against neurodegenerative diseases40-42 and mental health disorders,43 enhances lung function,44,45 guards against the effects of elevated glucose in diabetes and metabolic syndrome,46-48 and offers impressive defense against cardiovascular disease, one of the primary diseases of aging.49-51

Animal studies demonstrate that supplementation with CoQ10 reduces oxidative stress and reduces the buildup of amyloid-beta plaque (associated with Alzheimer’s disease)40-42,52,53 —resulting in a significant improvement in cognitive performance and memory.53

In human studies, 4 weeks to 6 months of CoQ10 supplementation at 60-300 milligrams a day was shown to improve cardiac systolic function and ejection fraction.49,50 One study showed that 8 weeks of CoQ10 supplementation at 300 milligrams a day improved heart-muscle systolic function by enhancing both mitochondrial performance and endothelial function.50 And in a 5-year, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial among elderly individuals, CoQ10 combined with selenium slashed the death rate from cardiovascular disease by more than half!54 In fact, the authors of one study recognized CoQ10 as a “scientific breakthrough in the management of chronic heart failure.”55

CoQ10 offers a powerful way to help slow—or even reverse—a natural aging process by restoring youthful mitochondrial protection from free radicals.27,56

COQ10: POTENTIAL THERAPY FOR INHERITED MITOCHONDRIAL DISORDER
aug2013_tsstrma_04.jpg

Newly released research underscores the vital importance of coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) to mitochondrial health.

A study released ahead of print in April 2013 by the journal Mitochondrion has found that patients with mitochondrial DNA depletion syndrome (MDS) have significantly deficient levels of CoQ10.85 MDS is a hereditary condition characterized by grossly reduced cellular levels of mitochrondrial DNA in infancy. MDS involves various progressive disorders that are often fatal in childhood.86

Currently, there are no effective therapies available for MDS86—but this recent finding indicates that CoQ10 could represent a candidate therapy for this condition.

The suggestion that CoQ10 may constitute a therapeutic hope for treating this serious mitochondrial-deficiency disorder demonstrates just how powerfully CoQ10 protects mitochondria.

This also underscores CoQ10’s vital importance in slowing or reversing the “natural” aging process in healthy individuals.

PQQ Creates New Mitochondria
While coenzyme Q10 optimizes mitochondrial function and protects them from free radical damage, scientists have found another coenzyme that triggers the creation of new mitochondria altogether.

A huge research advance in 2012 showed that the coenzyme pyrroloquinoline quinone (or PQQ) activates genes that induce mitochondrial biogenesis—the spontaneous formation of new mitochondria in aging cells!57

This represents a major breakthrough in battling the mitochondrial destruction that underlies aging.

PQQ deficiency has a profound effect on your genes—especially those involved in cellular stress, cell signaling, transport of metabolites, and of course, the creation of new mitochondria.57 Specifically, PQQ deficiency negatively affects the expression pattern of 438 genes—but research has found that this effect is reversed after supplementation with PQQ.57

Prior to this breakthrough, some of the only scientifically validated ways to reliably stimulate the creation of new mitochondria were sustained calorie restriction or strenuous physical activity—both of which are too rigorous and impractical for most aging people.58,59 PQQ now provides the most practical means of reversing the deadly decline in functional mitochondria that is the underlying cause of premature aging and degenerative disease.

Earlier findings repeatedly indicated PQQ’s central role as a potent growth factor.60,61 In preclinical trials, when animals were deprived of dietary PQQ, they exhibited stunted growth, impaired conception rates, and most importantly, fewer mitochondria.62-64 However, re-introducing PQQ into the diet reversed these effects—while simultaneously increasing mitochondrial number and energetic efficiency.62,63

Like CoQ10, PQQ also actively supports the energy transfer within the mitochondria that supplies the body with most of its bioenergy. Its exceptional stability allows it to carry out thousands of these transfers without undergoing molecular breakdown. PQQ has been proven especially effective in neutralizing two of the most potent free radicals, the superoxide and hydroxyl radicals.65

5,000 Times More Effective than Vitamin C!
Research demonstrates that PQQ is 30 to 5,000 times more efficient at reducing oxidation than other common antioxidants such as vitamin C.60

In a revealing 2010 study, scientists reported that similar protection of mitochondrial function that is seen with some other compounds (such as quercetin, hydroxytyrosol, and resveratrol) at high dietary concentrations measured in millimoles occurs with PQQ at dietary concentrations measured in nanomoles.66 In other words, it takes a million times more of these other compounds to have a mitochondria-protective effect equivalent to PQQ!

The revelation of its ability to favorably affect system-wide cell development, metabolism, and mitochondrial biogenesis helps explain the wealth of data on PQQ’s neuroprotective and cardioprotective benefits.

PQQ has now been shown to block the development of abnormal proteins linked with neurodegenerative diseases. For example, it prevents cellular damage and demise due to accumulation of amyloid beta protein associated with Alzheimer’s disease,67,68 and of the alpha-synuclein protein that is associated with Parkinson’s disease.57,69

In humans, supplementation with 20 milligrams a day of PQQ significantly improved cognitive function in middle-aged and elderly people. These results were amplified when the subjects also took 300 milligrams per day of CoQ10.70

In animal studies, researchers investigating its impact on cardiovascular disease have demonstrated that PQQ reduces the size of the heart area damaged by acute heart attack and favorably decreases lipid peroxidation.71 PQQ also helps heart muscle cells resist acute oxidative stress—specifically by preserving and enhancing mitochondrial function.72

Neither humans nor the bacteria that colonize the human digestive tract have demonstrated the ability to synthesize PQQ,73 which has led researchers to classify it as an essential micronutrient. This means that the body can’t make enough of it for good health—and that supplementation is essential.74

Now i dont know if a cocktail of what senatra posted there combined with red beet, pqq and cordyceps would be even better. Considering the complexity of our beings it might cause some chain events especially long term that may be undesireable/problematic.

I guess adding pqq could make sense with his stack tho? Shijalit is something that i guess one uses for like 2 weeks or so and takes a break from for 2 month-3 months considering the heavy metals.

Would stay away from resveratol (Don’t Be Conned by the Resveratrol Scam by Dr Raymond Peat) tho.
Also i dont know what the forum thinks of C60.

"This product is prepared exactly the same as the product used in the famous rat longevity study where "Bucky" rats lived nearly twice as long as the control group. Also the rats fed plain EVOO lived two years shorter than the C60-EVOO rats. C60 is clinically proven to have many beneficial health effects in a variety of organisms. It has powerful tumor prevention effects, brain-rejuvenating effects and cardiovascular health effects as well as extremely dramatic longevity effects in a variety of organisms, including doubling the lifespan of Wistar rats. No other compound has ever been demonstrated to have such a dramatic effect on mammals. Replicating the research on rats would take six years at minimum, with an extra year to get the study written, reviewed and published."

I am never realy sure what to think of rat studies tho.
Only found a quote from haidut:

I don't think fullerene (C60) has anything to offer beyond what Diamant can do. Both are basically highly stable, fully saturated carbon structures and seem to stabilize the cell and protect it against stressors and toxins.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

I actually was a gymnasts in the past - so yes, it is great for building the upper body.

That's pretty good I guess. The fish oil is something of a concern probably. If you avoid seed oils, nuts, and seeds you could probably get enough omega 3s from grassfed beef and occasional oysters. If longevity is the only goal, I would think the most important factors are eliminating vegetable oils, P/Ca ratio, reduce iron, and avoid excessive tryptophan, methionine, and cysteine. Peat seems to think lactate is at the center of the inflammation process, and I would happen to profoundly agree with him just based on my own personal experiences. So strategic supplementation with this in mind may be useful given our crappy environment. The magnesium and borax is probably really helpful for things like energy production, PTH, and pyruvate/lactate ratio.

Thing is, I'm petty much burned out on most supplements. So if I had a stack, it probably wouldn't look anything like what most people take. With the exception of vit D & K2, I don't even take vitamins anymore (including b vitamins). My "stack" would proabably be something like: antiseptics for bacterial load, coffee/caffeine for ATP & liver, cyproheptadine for serotonin, famotidine for glycogen, and magnesium for supporting sugar metabolism. Vitamin E, even in small amounts, makes me nauseous. So I prefer using aspirin and coconut oil to displace PUFA. Inosine is great for supporting the NAD/NADH & GSH/GSSG ratios, pyrucet is great for suppressing FAO, and the caine drugs procaine & lidocaine are great for their cardioproective, anticalcium, antistress effects.
Because I am on a budget as a student I am unable to get grass-fed beef for the omega 3 fatty acids. I stick to lean ground beef. (96/4)

Other than that I have a Ca:P ratio of 1:1, am vitamin D sufficient, eat non-irritating diet with white rice, lean ground beef, pasture-raised eggs, low-fodmap vegetables and a lot of clementine juice, coffee, salt, cranberry juice and added collagen. (it‘s basically stan efferdings „vertical diet“)
I love eating this way and it never gets boring somehow.

For lowering lactate and increasing CO2 and activating PDH I use thiamin HCL. For raising the NAD/NADH ratio I use niacinamide. TMG is just to prevent depletion of methyl-groups - when I don‘t take it my mood seems to become quite flat and weird. I think this is the reason why some people have weird experiences with NAM.

I use magnesium for PDH activation and for complex V in the ETC. CoQ10 for complex II, beef liver for bioavailable copper for complex IV.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom