I Replace All My Hormones. Here Is What I Learned

OP
thingsvarious

thingsvarious

Just got my blood results back (after weaning off GH and HC around 3 months ago). IGF-1 slightly high and ACTH and cortisol at the middle of the reference range. So these 2 axes have recovered perfectly after 2 years of replacing them -in fact, they are now higher compared to where they were before.

OP
thingsvarious

thingsvarious

HC = cortisol I assume?
Or chorionic gonadotropin?

Man this is just so out there. I mean, I'm using some progesterone and some other stuff but this is on a whole nother level.

You might be what I think humanity will inevitably move towards; self regulating our physiology through various things.

Are you concerned at all it might backfire on you one day and you start to fall apart?
(Though I think if you manage for another 20 years the tech might be so advanced you could stay alive for another century).

Why is HC so dangerous/cumbersome?

Sorry, somehow forgot to answer your question. Yes HC = cortisol.

Now I have been off all the hormones for some time (the last I stopped was thyroid). LH and TSH are normal again, IGF-1 slightly elevated and cortisol at the 60th percentile. So, whatever the cause, it seems that I have more than recovered from 2 years of complete hormone replacement. Though, I used a special protocol to wean off involving some neuropharmaceuticals to kickstart things again.

Read up on my thoughts on why cortisol is so dangerous on hormetheus.com/cortisol

You might be right about surviving for some time in order to potentially live for much, much longer

I also agree with the humanity moving towards a state, in which we can top-down regulate bottom-up processes

golder

Sorry, somehow forgot to answer your question. Yes HC = cortisol.

Now I have been off all the hormones for some time (the last I stopped was thyroid). LH and TSH are normal again, IGF-1 slightly elevated and cortisol at the 60th percentile. So, whatever the cause, it seems that I have more than recovered from 2 years of complete hormone replacement. Though, I used a special protocol to wean off involving some neuropharmaceuticals to kickstart things again.

Read up on my thoughts on why cortisol is so dangerous on hormetheus.com/cortisol

You might be right about surviving for some time in order to potentially live for much, much longer

I also agree with the humanity moving towards a state, in which we can top-down regulate bottom-up processes
I would love to hear about the the neuropharmaceuticals and your thoughts process as you were titrating off. Thanks!

OP
thingsvarious

thingsvarious

I would love to hear about the the neuropharmaceuticals and your thoughts process as you were titrating off. Thanks!
Hello,

at first, I was using small doses of reboxetine to kickstart things, which I switched over to bupropion. They were used both causally as well as for symptom relief. Furthermore, for HPA-recovery I used a special protocol targeted to HPA-health (blue light, some supps). I also experimented with semaglutide, which seemed to reactivate POMC-neurons and thus stimulate some central neuroendocrine pathways to stimulate things again

OP
thingsvarious

thingsvarious

Will be sending out a newsletter very soon, how I came off all hormones and how I now feel even better than while I was on them. I used a combination of very low dose of a basal insulin (detemir) as well as a GLP-1 agonist to reverse structural and functional changes to POMC neurons induced by undereating + overexercising, from which I and many others never seem to recover

Will be sending out a newsletter very soon, how I came off all hormones and how I now feel even better than while I was on them. I used a combination of very low dose of a basal insulin (detemir) as well as a GLP-1 agonist to reverse structural and functional changes to POMC neurons induced by undereating + overexercising, from which I and many others never seem to recover
Why did you come off?

golder

Because I do not need to be on hormones (which I wrongly assumed) but there were other factors that were causing my hormones to be low
What do you attribute the top 3 reasons which created/contributed to your suboptimal hormones in your formative years?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals