MTOR Increases With Aging/Sarcopenia, (Partial) Inhibition Restores Muscle Mass

Osukhan

I purchased the least expensive biometric scale from RENPRO that was compatible with my cell phone. The price has come down since I purchased mine and there is a much wider selection. The scale that I purchased is currently listed as the best seller. It shows no sign of wear. As a general rule, I try to stay away from biohacking hardware. The scale is an exception to that rule.

Similarly, I prefer to purchase the expensive supplements. My creatine is from Bulk Supplements. I am on my first bottle of HMB (from Nutricost) an will most likely switch to Bulk Supplements here as well.
Im 42 years old, for reference, ive been taking the bulk supp creatine and HMB for sometime and recenetly added the Hesperidin. I also take EAAs as well for additional protein. Im relatively fit and will continue taking these , seems to be positive results

In addition, I am a big fan of the X3 bar for resistance training, to those looking for an at home solution and to help avoid scarcopenia

David PS

@Osukhan - Great, it sound like you have a plan. The longer that I stay on the forum the more I learn. I will look into using the X3 bar.

sunny

Im 42 years old, for reference, ive been taking the bulk supp creatine and HMB for sometime and recenetly added the Hesperidin. I also take EAAs as well for additional protein. Im relatively fit and will continue taking these , seems to be positive results

In addition, I am a big fan of the X3 bar for resistance training, to those looking for an at home solution and to help avoid scarcopenia
X3 bar looks pretty interesting. Thanks for the tip.

frannybananny

I purchased the least expensive biometric scale from RENPRO that was compatible with my cell phone. The price has come down since I purchased mine and there is a much wider selection. The scale that I purchased is currently listed as the best seller. It shows no sign of wear. As a general rule, I try to stay away from biohacking hardware. The scale is an exception to that rule.

Similarly, I prefer to purchase the expensive supplements. My creatine is from Bulk Supplements. I am on my first bottle of HMB (from Nutricost) an will most likely switch to Bulk Supplements here as well.
Do you notice if the HMB makes you tired or gives you a sense of energy?

David PS

Do you notice if the HMB makes you tired or gives you a sense of energy?
I have not noticed either. I believe that it helps with recovery. I have not read anything on it in awhile.

Blossom

Forum Supporter

I bought the Renpho scale in September of 2022 after reading one of your posts with the goal of monitoring bone mass trends and second the recommendation. It’s super helpful for tracking progress. Here’s my yearly comparison and I’m very pleased with the results.
1F27202D-0E72-4FF5-9D3F-B5A2C9366F6F.jpeg

CC1982D7-D79F-4B9F-8084-1074E68C6451.jpeg

I also started creatine this summer amongst the other changes I’ve made over the past year fwiw. I definitely think it’s a useful addition for me.

I know I might sound like a broken record on this but I’ve found incorporating a weighted vest into my walks and some of my daily activities quite instrumental in helping with building/maintaining muscle and bone mass. I try to wear it for 2-3 hours a day 4 days a week including a 30-45 minute nature walk just because that’s what I’m able to manage with my work schedule.

David PS

I bought the Renpho scale in September of 2022 after reading one of your posts with the goal of monitoring bone mass trends and second the recommendation. It’s super helpful for tracking progress. Here’s my yearly comparison and I’m very pleased with the results.

I also started creatine this summer amongst the other changes I’ve made over the past year fwiw. I definitely think it’s a useful addition for me.

I know I might sound like a broken record on this but I’ve found incorporating a weighted vest into my walks and some of my daily activities quite instrumental in helping with building/maintaining muscle and bone mass. I try to wear it for 2-3 hours a day 4 days a week including a 30-45 minute nature walk just because that’s what I’m able to manage with my work schedule.

The increase in both your bone weight and your muscle weight as shown from comparing the numbers in the first image to the second image is impressive. You stated in another thread that the two images were separated by one year. My bone weight has plateaued and I am thinking about purchasing a weighted vest to see if I can increase my bone weight. Thanks for the suggestion.

I seem to recall that creatine increases the water weight in muscle tissue. My body water weight is at the very high end of the normal range (just barely in the green range). Taking creatine might account for your increase in body water weight during the year between the images you posted.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
The increase in both your bone weight and your muscle weight as shown from comparing the numbers in the first image to the second image is impressive. You stated in another thread that the two images were separated by one year. My bone weight has plateaued and I am thinking about purchasing a weighted vest to see if I can increase my bone weight. Thanks for the suggestion.

I seem to recall that creatine increases the water weight in muscle tissue. My body water weight is at the very high end of the normal range (just barely in the green range). Taking creatine might account for your increase in body water weight during the year between the images you posted.
Thanks David, I always appreciate your input. I’ve been taking 5 grams most days fwiw. I never did a loading dose.

David PS

Here is an informative video about creatine. By the way, I consider Nutrition Facts to be more of a broccoli site than a body builder site. :):

Links to references mentioned in the video are below the video.

Last edited: