Rate My Anti-Aging Stack

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Gymnasts seem to usually stay on a "healthy" bodyweight/fat percentage which ofcourse is good/necessary for their sport.
Frequent training i think only works for thoose excercises that dont overload the muscle to much from a mechanical standpoint? (i can see pure strength muscle ups into onearm front/lever backlever to be something that may require regeneration/offdays)
This may be especially true for heavy load excercises (loaded pull ups/muscle ups/dips) that they may do in addition/supplemental to their bodyweight/ring training.

I guess the only thing which may be even harder for the CNS is HIIT/explosive stuff or powerlifter/strongman lifts?
May i ask what Gymnastic stuff you do? The planche taxes my CNS just by looking at someone doing it :sweatsmile:

Isn't cordyceps benefting the mitochondria/ATP production? I think red beet works in that regard too. Maybe these 2 things are syngeristic with bitamin b3/b1?
I've cordyceps here but i didn't get to test it yet. Afterall it is a foreign fungi ... tried hericium recommended by my local pharmacy for stomache issues before but that didn't work well for me so i am kinda ... cautious.

In terms of Q10 Inaut posted something interesting here before:

Three-Step Strategy to Reverse Mitochondrial Aging

Now i dont know if a cocktail of what senatra posted there combined with red beet, pqq and cordyceps would be even better. Considering the complexity of our beings it might cause some chain events especially long term that may be undesireable/problematic.

I guess adding pqq could make sense with his stack tho? Shijalit is something that i guess one uses for like 2 weeks or so and takes a break from for 2 month-3 months considering the heavy metals.

Would stay away from resveratol (Don’t Be Conned by the Resveratrol Scam by Dr Raymond Peat) tho.
Also i dont know what the forum thinks of C60.

"This product is prepared exactly the same as the product used in the famous rat longevity study where "Bucky" rats lived nearly twice as long as the control group. Also the rats fed plain EVOO lived two years shorter than the C60-EVOO rats. C60 is clinically proven to have many beneficial health effects in a variety of organisms. It has powerful tumor prevention effects, brain-rejuvenating effects and cardiovascular health effects as well as extremely dramatic longevity effects in a variety of organisms, including doubling the lifespan of Wistar rats. No other compound has ever been demonstrated to have such a dramatic effect on mammals. Replicating the research on rats would take six years at minimum, with an extra year to get the study written, reviewed and published."

I am never realy sure what to think of rat studies tho.
Only found a quote from haidut:
Wow thanks for this information! Mind-blowing stuff.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Nice!

Another idea: cordyceps.

Here's an excerpt from a study in fruit flies:

"The findings of our study indicate that CSOL prolongs the lifespan of fruit flies through an anti-oxidative stress pathway involving the upregulation of SOD1 and CAT activity and the inhibition of [lipofuscion] accumulation."

Anecdotally speaking, cordyceps make training feel WAY less stressful, which might indirectly benefit longevity even more.
Do you have a personal experience with it?

I am quite skeptical of most adaptogens. I used ashwagandha and rhodiola in the past. They seemed to drastically lower stress, but somehow made me feel lazy.

OccamzRazer

Isn't cordyceps benefting the mitochondria/ATP production? I think red beet works in that regard too. Maybe these 2 things are syngeristic with bitamin b3/b1?
I've cordyceps here but i didn't get to test it yet. Afterall it is a foreign fungi ... tried hericium recommended by my local pharmacy for stomache issues before but that didn't work well for me so i am kinda ... cautious.

In terms of Q10 Inaut posted something interesting here before:

Three-Step Strategy to Reverse Mitochondrial Aging

Now i dont know if a cocktail of what senatra posted there combined with red beet, pqq and cordyceps would be even better. Considering the complexity of our beings it might cause some chain events especially long term that may be undesireable/problematic.

I guess adding pqq could make sense with his stack tho? Shijalit is something that i guess one uses for like 2 weeks or so and takes a break from for 2 month-3 months considering the heavy metals.

Would stay away from resveratol (Don’t Be Conned by the Resveratrol Scam by Dr Raymond Peat) tho.
Also i dont know what the forum thinks of C60.

"This product is prepared exactly the same as the product used in the famous rat longevity study where "Bucky" rats lived nearly twice as long as the control group. Also the rats fed plain EVOO lived two years shorter than the C60-EVOO rats. C60 is clinically proven to have many beneficial health effects in a variety of organisms. It has powerful tumor prevention effects, brain-rejuvenating effects and cardiovascular health effects as well as extremely dramatic longevity effects in a variety of organisms, including doubling the lifespan of Wistar rats. No other compound has ever been demonstrated to have such a dramatic effect on mammals. Replicating the research on rats would take six years at minimum, with an extra year to get the study written, reviewed and published."

I am never realy sure what to think of rat studies tho.
Only found a quote from haidut:
This is a really cool concept, thanks!

More research to do now...until then I'm asking those questions right along with you lol.

OccamzRazer

Gymnasts seem to usually stay on a "healthy" bodyweight/fat percentage which ofcourse is good/necessary for their sport.
Frequent training i think only works for thoose excercises that dont overload the muscle to much from a mechanical standpoint? (i can see pure strength muscle ups into onearm front/lever backlever to be something that may require regeneration/offdays)
This may be especially true for heavy load excercises (loaded pull ups/muscle ups/dips) that they may do in addition/supplemental to their bodyweight/ring training.

I guess the only thing which may be even harder for the CNS is HIIT/explosive stuff or powerlifter/strongman lifts?
May i ask what Gymnastic stuff you do? The planche taxes my CNS just by looking at someone doing it :sweatsmile:
My impression is that gymnasts spend a lot of time 'greasing the groove' with foundational movements, then intermittently go to the max with planches, muscle ups, etc.

I'm pretty new to gymnastics, so I just do ring pull ups and dips. Maybe sets of 8-10. They feel natural and pretty low-stress to me.

I'm also working towards doing an iron cross, which is much more challenging.

One of the best ways to reduce training stress is by periodizing it - working on progressing only one metric at a time.

OccamzRazer

Do you have a personal experience with it?

I am quite skeptical of most adaptogens. I used ashwagandha and rhodiola in the past. They seemed to drastically lower stress, but somehow made me feel lazy.
Yes.

I used to be a pro cyclist, and tried a ton of supplements to boost performance.

Only B complex, cordyceps, and a whey+colostrum+MCT oil shake provided tangible advantages.

The cordyceps felt like I'd imagine EPO would feel. WAY better VO2 max with it. Pushed my lactate 'threshold' up to ~5.5 watts per kilogram.

Unsure if strength training would benefit as much from cordyceps, however. But it may be worth a try!

artist

That is interesting. For a while I did go super low n-6 fatty acids and my skin got super bad and my libido diminished. I normally have a (very) high libido and this was a huge red flag for me. Found out from Chris Masterjohn that arachidonic acid deficiency can cause skin problems, low libido and food intolerances.

After adding in more arachidonic acid my libido returned to high.
I had the same experience with hormones and skin on super low PUFA! I still avoid them as a principle but adding a very small but purposeful amount back in solves it within like a day.

Also all the people saying add vitamin E, that just made it much worse in my case. I notice A also seems to intensify these symptoms. B vitamins, no change. There is a huge difference between low PUFA and no PUFA. I’ve been doing avoidance of unsaturated fat for 8+ years now and there were periods of eating only coconut oil as fat source. Maybe some people never quite reach the extreme of depletion but for me being lean and doing it so long I found eventually I did hit that point. I wish Edward J Edmond’s article on this were still up.

golder

Yes.

I used to be a pro cyclist, and tried a ton of supplements to boost performance.

Only B complex, cordyceps, and a whey+colostrum+MCT oil shake provided tangible advantages.

The cordyceps felt like I'd imagine EPO would feel. WAY better VO2 max with it. Pushed my lactate 'threshold' up to ~5.5 watts per kilogram.

Unsure if strength training would benefit as much from cordyceps, however. But it may be worth a try!
Very interesting, thanks for this.
curious what brand of B complex/cordyceps/colostrum you used? Thanks :)

OccamzRazer

Very interesting, thanks for this.
curious what brand of B complex/cordyceps/colostrum you used? Thanks :)
Np!

This was in 2012-2013..so the cordyceps brand I used isn't around anymore I don't think. It was one specifically marketed to athletes.

For B complex there are lots of good ones. Even the cheap brands are energizing in my experience.

For colostrum I think the quality is more important. I get one from Sovereign Laboratories.

golder

Np!

This was in 2012-2013..so the cordyceps brand I used isn't around anymore I don't think. It was one specifically marketed to athletes.

For B complex there are lots of good ones. Even the cheap brands are energizing in my experience.

For colostrum I think the quality is more important. I get one from Sovereign Laboratories.
Thanks man. Any idea roughly what cordyceps dosage you were using? I use this cordyceps/reishi/coffee drink mixture, which obviously won’t be very high given that it’s a drinks mix, but trying to work out how much a few drinks would equate to compared with your previous context of intensive cycling.

Amazon product ASIN B003PWSRSMView: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Madre-Labs-CafeCeps-Beverage-Re-Sealable/dp/B003PWSRSM

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

I had the same experience with hormones and skin on super low PUFA! I still avoid them as a principle but adding a very small but purposeful amount back in solves it within like a day.

Also all the people saying add vitamin E, that just made it much worse in my case. I notice A also seems to intensify these symptoms. B vitamins, no change. There is a huge difference between low PUFA and no PUFA. I’ve been doing avoidance of unsaturated fat for 8+ years now and there were periods of eating only coconut oil as fat source. Maybe some people never quite reach the extreme of depletion but for me being lean and doing it so long I found eventually I did hit that point. I wish Edward J Edmond’s article on this were still up.
This is an awesome in-depth article on the essential fatty acids - written by Chris Masterjohn PhD. He also mentions the Burr’s experiments for EFA depletion etc. and opened up my mind on the matter.

Jon2547

Hello everyone,

I am personally very interested in longevity and extending healthy lifespan.
I am curious if some of you are also into this field of interest and could give me some advice for what you would change/add/remove.

My supplement stack:

1. Fat-solubles:
(All dissolved in MCT-oil, drops, used sublingually in the AM)
• Vitamin D3 — 8‘000 IU
• Vitamin K2-MK7 — 300 mcg
• Vitamin A — 20‘000 IU
• Vitamin E — 400 IU

2. Minerals
• Magnesiumglycinate — 350mg
• Boron — 9mg

3. Mitochondrial Support
• Thiamin HCL (B1) — 200mg (once or twice per day)
• Niacinamide — 1000mg (twice a day — spaced 5 hours apart — 10 am and 3 pm)
• Trimethylglycine — 1:1 ratio with NAM
• CoQ10 — 100mg

4. Additional
NOVA-Sol Curcumin (185x bioavailability without piperin)
High-Quality Fish Oil (1.200mg EPA/DHA)
I know this is definitively not peaty, but I experimented a lot with very low PUFA for a year and my skin got so bad (developed dandruff) and I just did the mantra of this forum (think, perceive, act) and I experimented with a little bit of EFA‘s - and it cleared my dandruff (fish oil + arachidonic acid from 4 egg yolks a day)

Peace!

PS. if you want to know more about my dietary philosophy, feel free to ask.
Looks pretty good except for the fish oil. Have you thought about maybe using Astaxanthin instead? Also may want to include a couple of Brazil nuts three days a week for the selenium.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Looks pretty good except for the fish oil. Have you thought about maybe using Astaxanthin instead? Also may want to include a couple of Brazil nuts three days a week for the selenium.
I could try astaxanthin - haven't tried it yet, but have heard that it stabilizes PUFAs quite effectively.

I eat 1 1/2 lbs of red meat, an oz of beef liver and 4 large eggs a day and I think this should supply all the selenium I need. At least chronometer suggests so.

OccamzRazer

Thanks man. Any idea roughly what cordyceps dosage you were using? I use this cordyceps/reishi/coffee drink mixture, which obviously won’t be very high given that it’s a drinks mix, but trying to work out how much a few drinks would equate to compared with your previous context of intensive cycling.

Amazon product ASIN B003PWSRSMView: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Madre-Labs-CafeCeps-Beverage-Re-Sealable/dp/B003PWSRSM
Sorry I have no idea what dosage. The product came in capsules and I usually took one more capsule than they recommended taking :p:

OccamzRazer

I could try astaxanthin - haven't tried it yet, but have heard that it stabilizes PUFAs quite effectively.

I eat 1 1/2 lbs of red meat, an oz of beef liver and 4 large eggs a day and I think this should supply all the selenium I need. At least chronometer suggests so.
Were you eating 4 eggs a day when you noticed EFA deficiency symptoms?

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Were you eating 4 eggs a day when you noticed EFA deficiency symptoms?
I ate eggs prior, but I cutted them out, because of their PUFA content for a few months. Probably a few eggs a day could have prevented it.

My skin feels almost perfect at the moment and I am blown away - I think my skin never have been that good before.

Still doing the 4-6 medium eggs a day + 1,200mg of EPA/DHA.

Yesterday I went for a blood donation, which I do every 2-3 months. I ate a meal and took my pro-metabolic stack, I've mentioned earlier, 2 hours before my donation and something interesting happened. At the blood donation station they checked my body temperature twice and It was 37.3 and 37.4 C and I felt very warm.
My body temperature recently often got into the 37.0 - 37.3 C range, when I tested myself at home.

Metabolism seems to be on fire. I still eat 4k calories and I feel like I am leaning out a bit more even.

E484764F-99EF-4FF0-A9A8-12E88508B645.JPG

Belsazar

I ate eggs prior, but I cutted them out, because of their PUFA content for a few months. Probably a few eggs a day could have prevented it.

My skin feels almost perfect at the moment and I am blown away - I think my skin never have been that good before.

Yesterday I went for a blood donation, which I do every 2-3 months. I ate a meal and took my pro-metabolic stack, I've mentioned earlier, 2 hours before my donation and something interesting happened. At the blood donation station they checked my body temperature twice and It was 37.3 and 37.4 C and I felt very warm.
My body temperature recently often got into the 37.0 - 37.3 C range, when I tested myself at home.

Metabolism seems to be on fire. I still eat 4k calories and I feel like I am leaning out a bit more even.

Blood donation every 2-3 months seems quite a lot. How long are you doing that? Or do you want to intentionally lower your iron levels (iron overload)? Have you monitored your iron, zinc or copper levels for depletion? Maybe its depleting too many minerals? What is your overall experience with it?

OccamzRazer

Good to know! And glad the omega 3's are continuing to work for you.

Going to add lots of eggs back in and see if that resolves skin issues prior to considering direct omega 3 supplementation...

OccamzRazer

Indeed, there seems to be something magical about consistently eating a lot of good food.

Perhaps lots of people on this forum would simply benefit from eating more food - especially if their temps are low. Or maybe only the metabolism of a younger person can be forced higher in this way without fat gain? Not sure.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Blood donation every 2-3 months seems quite a lot. How long are you doing that? Or do you want to intentionally lower your iron levels (iron overload)? Have you monitored your iron, zinc or copper levels for depletion? Maybe its depleting too many minerals? What is your overall experience with it?
I‘ve done blood donation for four times now. I do it mainly because I eat a lot of red meat daily (1 1/2 pounds). The only down-side for me is the high iron intake, which I try to mitigate somewhat with coffee consumption with meat-meals and a relatively high calcium intake.

I don‘t know my exact iron blood work, but my hemoglobin is always on the high side. (18-19)

The funny thing for me is that I always feel so euphoric after I‘ve donated blood - each damn time. :D

I am not that concerned about copper and zinc - I average about 40mg zinc and 5mg copper a day - again by beef and organ meats.

Belsazar

I‘ve done blood donation for four times now. I do it mainly because I eat a lot of red meat daily (1 1/2 pounds). The only down-side for me is the high iron intake, which I try to mitigate somewhat with coffee consumption with meat-meals and a relatively high calcium intake.

I don‘t know my exact iron blood work, but my hemoglobin is always on the high side. (18-19)

The funny thing for me is that I always feel so euphoric after I‘ve donated blood - each damn time. :D

I am not that concerned about copper and zinc - I average about 40mg zinc and 5mg copper a day - again by beef and organ meats.
Dont't they measure certain markers anyway (quality control)? It might be worth monitoring ferritin/transferrin and their saturation. But anyway, masterjohn always says that phlebotomy is the only way to combat iron overload.

Whats your calcium source?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom