Rate My Anti-Aging Stack

youngsinatra

Hello everyone,

I am personally very interested in longevity and extending healthy lifespan.
I am curious if some of you are also into this field of interest and could give me some advice for what you would change/add/remove.

My supplement stack:

1. Fat-solubles:
(All dissolved in MCT-oil, drops, used sublingually in the AM)
• Vitamin D3 — 8‘000 IU
• Vitamin K2-MK7 — 300 mcg
• Vitamin A — 20‘000 IU
• Vitamin E — 400 IU

2. Minerals
• Magnesiumglycinate — 350mg
• Boron — 9mg

3. Mitochondrial Support
• Thiamin HCL (B1) — 200mg (once or twice per day)
• Niacinamide — 1000mg (twice a day — spaced 5 hours apart — 10 am and 3 pm)
• Trimethylglycine — 1:1 ratio with NAM
• CoQ10 — 100mg

4. Additional
NOVA-Sol Curcumin (185x bioavailability without piperin)
High-Quality Fish Oil (1.200mg EPA/DHA)
I know this is definitively not peaty, but I experimented a lot with very low PUFA for a year and my skin got so bad (developed dandruff) and I just did the mantra of this forum (think, perceive, act) and I experimented with a little bit of EFA‘s - and it cleared my dandruff (fish oil + arachidonic acid from 4 egg yolks a day)

Peace!

PS. if you want to know more about my dietary philosophy, feel free to ask.

Last edited:

AndrogenicJB

Hello everyone,

I am curious if some of you are also into this field of interest and could give me some advice for what you would change/add/remove.

My supplement stack:

1. Fat-solubles:
• Vitamin D3 — 8‘000 IU
• Vitamin A — 20‘000 IU
• Vitamin E — 400 IU

2. Minerals
• Boron — 9mg

3. Mitochondrial Support
• CoQ10 — 100mg

4. Additional
I know this is definitively not peaty, but I experimented a lot with very low PUFA for a year and my skin got so bad (developed dandruff) and I just did the mantra of this forum (think, perceive, act) and I experimented with a little bit of EFA‘s - and it cleared my dandruff (fish oil + arachidonic acid from 4 egg yolks a day)

Peace!

Is 20,000 IU vitamin A anti thyroid

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Is 20,000 IU vitamin A anti thyroid
Depends on the individual‘s metabolic state. I have a very high metabolic rate and need more vitamin A - this is also in alignment with Dr. Peat.

Someone with hypothyroidism needs only 5‘000 IU probably.

Belsazar

How did you assess your metabolic rate?

Is this the kitchen sink approach?

What would (super-)centenerians think about that approach?

Peat is often very sceptical about supplements. Concerning Niacinamide he was talking about lower dose around 50mg.

Razvan

Hello everyone,

My supplement stack:

1. Fat-solubles:
• Vitamin D3 — 8‘000 IU
• Vitamin A — 20‘000 IU
• Vitamin E — 400 IU

2. Minerals
• Boron — 9mg

3. Mitochondrial Support
• CoQ10 — 100mg

4. Additional

Peace!

Low Pufa led me also to dry skin,but it was temporary beacuse of the free fatty acid release in the blood . High dose vitamin E solved the problem.
Lowering cortisol and prolactin while having good androgenic profile is key to anti-aging.
Also eating high cholesterol foods from time to time,while keeping phosphorus not too high.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

How did you assess your metabolic rate?

Is this the kitchen sink approach?

What would (super-)centenerians think about that approach?

Peat is often very sceptical about supplements. Concerning Niacinamide he was talking about lower dose around 50mg.
High caloric demands. High body temperature 37.0 - 37.3 C and pulse around 75-90.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Low Pufa led me also to dry skin,but it was temporary beacuse of the free fatty acid release in the blood . High dose vitamin E solved the problem.
Lowering cortisol and prolactin while having good androgenic profile is key to anti-aging.
Also eating high cholesterol foods from time to time,while keeping phosphorus not too high.
That is interesting. For a while I did go super low n-6 fatty acids and my skin got super bad and my libido diminished. I normally have a (very) high libido and this was a huge red flag for me. Found out from Chris Masterjohn that arachidonic acid deficiency can cause skin problems, low libido and food intolerances.

After adding in more arachidonic acid my libido returned to high.

Spartan300

I have dry skin and low libido issues going on. What source of arachidonic acid did you use?

Belsazar

High caloric demands. High body temperature 37.0 - 37.3 C and pulse around 75-90.
Then I assume your TSH is suppressed, T4/T3 increased while stress hormones (Adrenalin, Cortisol) are suppressed. Can you confirm any of those based on lab results?

OccamzRazer

Hello everyone,

My supplement stack:

1. Fat-solubles:
• Vitamin D3 — 8‘000 IU
• Vitamin A — 20‘000 IU
• Vitamin E — 400 IU

2. Minerals
• Boron — 9mg

3. Mitochondrial Support
• CoQ10 — 100mg

4. Additional

Peace!

Looks good to me!

Do you eat any glycine-rich foods? If not then you may want to also supplement collagen/gelatin.

I would also consider a stearic acid source for mitochondrial support.

You might want to taper off the vitamin D in the summer, if you can get enough sun.

Another thing: red light isn't a supplement, per se, but I think it's powerfully anti-aging. You're into weightlifting, right? All my lifts have gone up since adding the red light.

My skin has also gotten very dry from eating super-low PUFA, mostly on my hands. They just don't hold onto moisture. Just started experimenting with salmon roe. How long did the fish oil take to improve your dandruff?

baccheion

MSM lotion.

Better to get more vitamin A from foods. Even liver is cheating, but better than supplements. Greens can have a lot. Rework the foods to line up with needs.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

I have dry skin and low libido issues going on. What source of arachidonic acid did you use?
4-6 eggs a day (or egg yolks), preferably pasture-raised

Then I assume your TSH is suppressed, T4/T3 increased while stress hormones (Adrenalin, Cortisol) are suppressed. Can you confirm any of those based on lab results?
I did not have any recent blood tests. And I don’t have the results from my last one, which was one year ago, at hand. But I remember that my TSH was 1.5, T4 was normal and T3 was a slightly high (over the reference range).

At that moment in time I still felt like ***t and thought I was hypometabolic. I think I was pretty deficient in a lot of nutrients and minerals that were needed for oxidative phosphorylation. And I think that even if your thyroid markers are normal - you can still feel terrible, when you are deficient in so many things needed for energy production.

Looks good to me!

Do you eat any glycine-rich foods? If not then you may want to also supplement collagen/gelatin.

I would also consider a stearic acid source for mitochondrial support.

You might want to taper off the vitamin D in the summer, if you can get enough sun.

Another thing: red light isn't a supplement, per se, but I think it's powerfully anti-aging. You're into weightlifting, right? All my lifts have gone up since adding the red light.

My skin has also gotten very dry from eating super-low PUFA, mostly on my hands. They just don't hold onto moisture. Just started experimenting with salmon roe. How long did the fish oil take to improve your dandruff?
Oh, yes I consume 20g of collagen peptides and I eat a lot of lean ground beef, which also has quite a bit of glycine.

Off-tapering vitamin D seems like a good idea in the summer.

I haven‘t tried red light therapy yet, but I will look into that more, thanks!

I think it took around 2 weeks to see big improvements in skin health.

OccamzRazer

I haven‘t tried red light therapy yet, but I will look into that more, thanks!

I think it took around 2 weeks to see big improvements in skin health.
Np! One thing I like about red light is it's much more affordable than most supplements. I have a $100 light from LGS, and I can't think of any other supplemental item that would make such big changes for so long at that price.

2 weeks, that's not too bad. Thanks for the info!

tankasnowgod

Welp, even if Fish Oil helps your dandruff, it's prolly gonna shorten your overall lifespan. So, which one are you trying to achieve, less dandruff, or longer longevity?

Personally, I think there are better ways to control dandruff and skin issues than taking fish oil. I have had skin issues for a long as I remember, and higher amounts of PUFA in the diet certainly didn't help them. If anything, my skin has improved quite a bit since adopting more of Peat's ideas.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Welp, even if Fish Oil helps your dandruff, it's prolly gonna shorten your overall lifespan. So, which one are you trying to achieve, less dandruff, or longer longevity?

Personally, I think there are better ways to control dandruff and skin issues than taking fish oil. I have had skin issues for a long as I remember, and higher amounts of PUFA in the diet certainly didn't help them. If anything, my skin has improved quite a bit since adopting more of Peat's ideas.

I don‘t think that fish oils lower longevity - at least not in a practical sense. But according to Peat‘s theory it should shorten it. But this doesn‘t seem to match up with observations in reality. In 17 prospective studies, those with the highest blood levels of n-3 FA levels had decreased all-cause mortality by 15-18%. Similar relationships were seen for death from cardiovascular disease, cancer and other causes

Peat thinks that PUFAs do exacerbate stress, but fish oil supplementation have been shown to lower cortisol by 19% and inflammatory IL-6 by 33% in a stress-test.

Again. I am mostly on Peat‘s side on most things, but I do dare to challenge even his points, especially if something isn‘t working. And many people are developing dandruff and skin issues on this forum, at least from my observation.
And at this point, I might just consider that the PUFA theory isn‘t 100% right.

But well, these are just my 2ct and my experience and personal research.

I think the big problem is extreme high vegetable oul consumption for most of our upbringing. I don’t think 1-2g of n-3 FA is really problematic.

gaze

why eat fish oil though? you could get so much more vitamins from a serving of salmon a week. also eggs haves a pretty high amount of omega 3s. oysters are decent too, about 1g. really see no need to take fish oil

tankasnowgod

I don‘t think that fish oils lower longevity - at least not in a practical sense. But according to Peat‘s theory it should shorten it. But this doesn‘t seem to match up with observations in reality. In 17 prospective studies, those with the highest blood levels of n-3 FA levels had decreased all-cause mortality by 15-18%. Similar relationships were seen for death from cardiovascular disease, cancer and other causes

An observational meta-analysis doesn't say anything about whether supplemental fish oil is healthy or not.
Peat thinks that PUFAs do exacerbate stress, but fish oil supplementation have been shown to lower cortisol by 19% and inflammatory IL-6 by 33% in a stress-test.

That is a short term trial. I think there are better ways to lower cortisol and inflammation, personally. Like Aspirin and Progesterone. Both are probably better from a longevity perspective.
Again. I am mostly on Peat‘s side on most things, but I do dare to challenge even his points, especially if something isn‘t working. And many people are developing dandruff and skin issues on this forum, at least from my observation.
And at this point, I might just consider that the PUFA theory isn‘t 100% right.
Again, do you care about skin issues, or longevity?

And what part of Peat's theory is wrong, exactly? He has discussed this exact thing in his many articles on unsaturated fats-

In 1929 George and Mildred Burr published a paper claiming that unsaturated fats, and specifically linoleic acid, were essential to prevent a particular disease involving dandruff, dermatitis, slowed growth, sterility, and fatal kidney degeneration.

In 1929, most of the B vitamins and essential trace minerals were unknown to nutritionists. The symptoms the Burrs saw are easily produced by deficiencies of the vitamins and minerals that they didn't know about.

What really happens to animals when the "essential fatty acids" are lacking, in an otherwise adequate diet?

Their metabolic rate is very high.

Their nutritional needs are increased.

They are very resistant to many of the common causes of sickness and death.

They are resistant to the biochemical and cellular changes seen in aging, dementia, autoimmunity, and the main types of inflammation.

The amount of polyunsaturated fatty acids often said to be essential (Holman, 1981) is approximately the amount required to significantly increase the incidence of cancer, and very careful food selection is needed for a diet that provides a lower amount.​

Did you try to get more B Vitamins when you were doing a Low Pufa diet, or did you head straight for fish oil as the first stop?

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

All valid points for discussion. I did tried increasing B-vitamins, zinc etc. but none helped for skin specifically, even though it helped with a lot of other metabolic things.

Here is a quick physique update - Eating close to 4k calories a day and training once or twice a week.
F68E8950-9D29-485C-8872-452D5DD1F4B6.jpeg

AndrogenicJB

All valid points for discussion. I did tried increasing B-vitamins, zinc etc. but none helped for skin specifically, even though it helped with a lot of other metabolic things.

Here is a quick physique update - Eating close to 4k calories a day and training once or twice a week.
View attachment 23048
my diet is currently very nutrient dense but i struggle to get in quick calories, what food would you say is cheap quick and calorific that i can use on a bulk other than white sugar and rice

Belsazar

I did not have any recent blood tests. And I don’t have the results from my last one, which was one year ago, at hand. But I remember that my TSH was 1.5, T4 was normal and T3 was a slightly high (over the reference range).

At that moment in time I still felt like ***t and thought I was hypometabolic. I think I was pretty deficient in a lot of nutrients and minerals that were needed for oxidative phosphorylation. And I think that even if your thyroid markers are normal - you can still feel terrible, when you are deficient in so many things needed for energy production.
Just the "obligatory" questions
At which timepoint did you measure your temperature (before vs after breakfast, midday, stress?)
How is your fasting tolerance (glycogen stores)?
How can you exclude not running on "stress metabolism"?
What do you mean by "high caloric demands"? - edit: already answered

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom