Rapamycin is Fantastic and Worth Trying

Birdie

There is a connection with Rapamycin and gout. mTOR inhibitors seem to increase uric acid levels.

Not everyone develops gout with high uric acid, but low thyroid function seems to help those crystals form, causing gout in those circumstances. I remember reading a study referring to the fact a 1 degree drop in body temp was enough to cause the crystals to form when uric acid levels are elevated.

Alcohol is also an mTOR inhibitor and it is well known those who frequently develop gout should avoid alcohol. And those who use alcohol regularly, are also known to have higher incidence of gout vs. those who don't.
I thought Dr Green's attitude toward his um incident was illuminating. "No harm no foul". What? His body has just been through a lot. I would assume this could be a call to deep thought. Makes me appreciate Ray Peat's way.

Birdie

Here's somebody who's had his sense of smell restored:

"a new effect I’ve just begun to notice: after several years of chronic sinus infections (and a ton of antibiotics to deal with those) and 2 sinus surgeries (~13 years ago) to help manage, I had lost a great deal of my sense of smell and taste. I’m just coming into my 6th month on rapa. I cracked a beer yesterday (Old Milwaukee, which definitely isn’t known for being especially flavourful) and could taste all kinds of nuance. Definitely notice my sense of smell coming back as well. Pretty happy about these ones"!

Ibid.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals