Does Anybody Do RP + Fasting And Want To Talk About It?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LUH 3417

Right. Even if you take on tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars in student loan debt you are not guaranteed an income that allows you to pay off your loans and have an upper middle class life with family, house, good neighborhood etc. There are plenty of financially ruined or struggling md’s, jd’s,phd’s etc.

But those degrees pay off for some, and they make up the upper middle class in the nice cities. I live in a nice north side Chicago neighborhood. Walkable, great public transit, restaurants, music venues, etc. All the homeowners in this area are doctors, lawyers, engineers, tenured faculty (making six figures plus), etc. Some business, real estate, and finance guys. A commercial pilot. They have families and their kids go to some of the few great public schools in the city. They lead the kind of life that used to be much more to be more common. Most have wealthy family backgrounds but not tremendously so. Single family homes all around a million. Everyone is normal weight and healthy. Most drink. None smokes pot.

Here’s Gallup research on marijuana use. Only 3% of postgraduates use pot. Only 10% of people earning more than 100k. I bet that percentage is smaller for people earning 300k+

Marijuana Use Similar to New Lower Rate of Cigarette Smoking

I’m not saying that upper middle class life is better than others. At all. I’m just pointing out that 1) unless you inherit millions from your parents, being “productive” is only way to do the umc life, and 2) cannabis use does not seem to be positively correlated with productivity.
You still don’t get that all those professionals you list don’t “produce” anything of value from their own hands and minds. Doctors are protocol technicians for the CDC, pilots fly planes. I have a friend who is a pilot who smoked the most weed I know out of anyone in my life and just quit before he started flight school. What’s your point? He still doesn’t produce anything. He makes decent money flying for pawn shop owners and private business execs otherwise he might make $40k with American Airlines. What do realtors produce? Most are slumlords. Do you live with anyone who builds, grows or actually creates anything? Sounds like a really boring neighborhood.

the fact that you rely on a study about pot smoking for stats is also laughable. It’s not something every low level people manager wants to necessarily advertise to their neighbors lest it ruin their veneer reputation.

Last edited:

LUH 3417

I can't really make myself care what academics make in either case, high or low. Many have lackeys do the teaching and most in the system are awful anyhow.

Anyways, if cost of living and job demand aren't working out, what does that have to do with "Amerikkka?" Pardon me, but I have to get some sleep so it'll be some time before I can reply more comprehensively.
The premise that anyone who it’s not working out for is genetically defective, lazy, a drug addict, or stupid. The petty yuppy bourgeoise loves to reinforce its own invisible superiority by blaming it on the poor and the dumb who just didn’t try hard enough, even if those people are working 7 days a week and trying their best to integrate into the psychopathic, you have to be better than your neighbor, consumer culture that makes up most of America.

OP
YamnayaMommy

YamnayaMommy

You still don’t get that all those professionals you list don’t “produce” anything of value from their own hands and minds. Doctors are protocol technicians for the CDC, pilots fly planes. I have a friend who is a pilot who smoked the most weed I know out of anyone in my life and just quit before he started flight school. What’s your point? He still doesn’t produce anything. He makes decent money flying for pawn shop owners and private business execs otherwise he might make $40k with American Airlines. What do realtors produce? Most are slumlords. Do you live with anyone who builds, grows or actually creates anything? Sounds like a really boring neighborhood.

the fact that you rely on a study about pot smoking for stats is also laughable. It’s not something every low level people manager wants to necessarily advertise to their neighbors lest it ruin their veneer reputation.

Someday you will grow out of your obsession with social class and you will be less tedious when that happens.

Marxism is for bitter and jealous betas who couldn’t make it in the economic or sexual marketplace.

“raysputin” produces for me a wonderful image of a stoner hypothyroid Rasputin, fat and estrogen dominant.

Go to the gym, eat clean, get a real job, marry and have kids. You will be happier and less boring.

LUH 3417

Someday you will grow out of your obsession with social class and you will be less tedious when that happens.

Marxism is for bitter and jealous betas who couldn’t make it in the economic or sexual marketplace.

“raysputin” produces for me a wonderful image of a stoner hypothyroid Rasputin, fat and estrogen dominant.

Go to the gym, eat clean, get a real job, marry and have kids. You will be happier and less boring.
The fact that you categorize men as alphas or betas is pretty humorous. You’re the one who has to starve yourself to lose the baby pudge.

boris

Is the weed discussion still going :D? I noticed that when smoking certain strains I get a short relieve of serotonin symptons, where I feel inspired and ready to tackle any task. That feeling dissipates fairly quickly.

I'm sure lots of pot smokers are addicted in a form of self medication. Unconsciously doing it because it relieves certain states.
I see studies around coming to a related conclusion: Typical stoner behaviours and symptoms are not a result of pot smoking, but pot smoking is a result of them.

milkboi

I'm sure lots of pot smokers are addicted in a form of self medication. Unconsciously doing it because it relieves certain states.
I see studies around coming to a related conclusion: Typical stoner behaviours and symptoms are not a result of pot smoking, but pot smoking is a result of them.

Very interesting. Mind posting such a study?

boris

I have to dig around, since I didn't save any. But I will post when I find it!

One I have in mind was related to intelligence. Pot smoking was associated with lower intelligence, but it wasn't proven to be a cause of lower intelligence like many claim. Rather: people with lower intelligence are more drawn to pot.

LUH 3417

One I have in mind was related to intelligence. Pot smoking was associated with lower intelligence, but it wasn't proven to be a cause of lower intelligence like many claim. Rather: people with lower intelligence are more drawn to pot.
that sounds like the 1920s dogma that black jazz musicians smoke pot which makes them sexual deviants and stupid. you really can't separate dogma, or even the pseudoscience, around drug use, from the demands of industrial capitalism. so what do high IQ people use? cocaine?

Yes,Karl Marx was a strong guy,and surely bitter.
But you have to have also a lot of Power even for the negative emotions.

maybe as an aggregate? I knew a lot of yuppiescum :smokingcrack that liked potconsumption very well.But maybe they dropped
the habit later on.But many got good analysis from it,if more rarely consumed,it made people less insect-like.
I do believe that it slows down some people,and is a problematic supplement.

boris

that sounds like the 1920s dogma that black jazz musicians smoke pot which makes them sexual deviants and stupid.

In Germany it's 2019 dogma :lol:. Medical use is legal, but still fringe. And people smoke in public alot. But it's still "pot makes you lazy and stupid".

Personally I believe daily use is still potentially problematic in other ways even if you avoid the tar and toxins from smoke.

@Tristan Loscha "less insect-like" I like that description :D

LUH 3417

Yes,Karl Marx was a strong guy,and surely bitter.
But you have to have also a lot of Power even for the negative emotions.
there is a political reason for dismissing anger as a negative emotion. being hot blooded is dangerous. people who are angry take action. depression is probably the best mood for remaining subdued.

there is a political reason for dismissing anger as a negative emotion. being hot blooded is dangerous. people who are angry take action. depression is probably the best mood for remaining subdued.

Very true.
Marx was utmost aggressive because of the societal conditions of his time.
It is the revolutionary spirit.

LUH 3417

Very true.
Marx was utmost aggressive because of the societal conditions of his time.
It is the revolutionary spirit.
"A frozen state can only be changed through heat-specifically, the heat of anger. Rage, as opposed to anger, is cold. An individual can sense the heat of his anger rise in his head as the excitation moves upward. He will become hot-headed due to the increase of blood in his head, which can also make him literally “see red.” Anger is a life-positive force that has strong healing properties. On one occasion when I experienced such anger, it cleared up a sciatic condition that had troubled me for months." - A. Lowen

i think unexpressed anger leads to child abuse. people want to be nice in public, but then go home and beat the most vulnerable.

"A frozen state can only be changed through heat-specifically, the heat of anger. Rage, as opposed to anger, is cold. An individual can sense the heat of his anger rise in his head as the excitation moves upward. He will become hot-headed due to the increase of blood in his head, which can also make him literally “see red.” Anger is a life-positive force that has strong healing properties. On one occasion when I experienced such anger, it cleared up a sciatic condition that had troubled me for months." - A. Lowen

i think unexpressed anger leads to child abuse. people want to be nice in public, but then go home and beat the most vulnerable.

True.The most troubling Traits in our society also do not get emitted by stoners,but Right Wing Authoritarian personalities RWA,and Social Dominance Orientation personalities SDO.These are highly useful constructs and can explain why things
are the way they are.

LUH 3417

True.The most troubling Traits in our society also do not get emitted by stoners,but Right Wing Authoritarian personalities RWA,and Social Dominance Orientation personalities SDO.These are highly useful constructs and can explain why things
are the way they are.
most things are inverted in our society, so psychopaths are often the best and most successful, whereas unusual and creative people are typically psychopathogized by the psychopaths. the justification, if i don't take it, who will? excuses mostly everthing

OP
YamnayaMommy

YamnayaMommy

Is the weed discussion still going :D? I noticed that when smoking certain strains I get a short relieve of serotonin symptons, where I feel inspired and ready to tackle any task. That feeling dissipates fairly quickly.

Yeah that’s my impression too. That smoking is a symptom not a cause.

I know a lot of successful professionals/parents who used cannabis when they were teens and early twenties but found that it messed with their productivity as they began their careers, so they abandoned it.

I have a high-functioning marijuana enthusiast (but with dysfunctional personal life and so-so career/earnings) who insists I would love marijuana if I would experiment with different strains. And that some can be energizing, like what you’re describing. Sounds plausible to me.

Yeah that’s my impression too. That smoking is a symptom not a cause.

I know a lot of successful professionals/parents who used cannabis when they were teens and early twenties but found that it messed with their productivity as they began their careers, so they abandoned it.

I have a high-functioning marijuana enthusiast (but with dysfunctional personal life and so-so career/earnings) who insists I would love marijuana if I would experiment with different strains. And that some can be energizing, like what you’re describing. Sounds plausible to me.

We should all abstain from it.
If we want to go full-on psycho,drink a lot of coffee.that also helps to lose weight safely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals