Does Anybody Do RP + Fasting And Want To Talk About It?

Status
Not open for further replies.

milkboi

Pot smoking makes people more analytical so instead of just being “productive” they are more concerned with what productivity means within a framework, who wants them to be productive, where that productivity is going. There really is nothing good about being productive for the sake of productivity. I think some people do fine on pot and others don’t. I’ve know some very interesting people who have smoked weed and maybe they would have been interesting even if they hadn’t smoked or maybe they would have been boring and square. I also would not trade all the fun I had as a kid smoking pot with my friends for some maybe study about whether or not it made me retarded. I grew up in a pretty closed minded and racist family and am one of the only people within that family who is not racist or put off by different cultures and I credit weed for allowing me to meet and socialize with lots of different people in my formative years. I did great on my SATs and had a 4.3 gpa in high school, scholarships to top school, blah blah blah.
It also increases pregnenalone. Look at those studies.

The more Productivity, the more dough you make, if you are smart.

milkboi

I’m going to show the research on adolescent cannabis use to my kids when they’re older so they can at least know the risks. Hopefully they can be fun and analytical without needing pot.

That's awesome, I wish my parents would've done that.

OP
YamnayaMommy

YamnayaMommy

The more Productivity, the more dough you make, if you are smart.
Right.

I assume the pro-pot anti-productivity posters are still dependents of their parents.

Do you want financial independence? Or do you want to live off your parents or be a burden to tax payers all your life? If you want to be independent, you need to produce something of value. My impression is that it’s hard to do valuable work when you’re high a lot.

Maybe you want more than financial independence for yourself. Maybe you’d like to marry and have kids and have a house in a nice neighborhood in a nice part of the country. That is extremely expensive. So you have to be really hardworking, smart, and maybe also have good luck to pull that off.

And if you want to do marriage, family, nice house etc and also have money for travel, concerts, ski trips, nice restaurants etc, then you have to be producing in the top 10%-5%.

I don’t think marriage and family is for everyone. But I personally find it much more satisfying than the alternative. it’s depressing to know that the lifestyle described above used to be available to middle class Americans and is now possible only for very top earners.

But at least weed is legal and there’s lots of cheap ethnic food!

OP
YamnayaMommy

YamnayaMommy

That's awesome, I wish my parents would've done that.
Lol are you being sarcastic? I’m being serious: how do you think a smart 12 year old would respond if their parents showed them research laying out mental health risks of smoking weed as an adolescent? Would it backfire? I was so focused on the present when I was a teenager.

milkboi

Lol are you being sarcastic? I’m being serious: how do you think a smart 12 year old would respond if their parents showed them research laying out mental health risks of smoking weed as an adolescent? Would it backfire? I was so focused on the present when I was a teenager.

No, 100% serious.

OP
YamnayaMommy

YamnayaMommy

It’s called busy work, keeping busy, plenty of people engage in it. There isn’t anything materially productive about thinking that’s why philosophy was traditionally reserved for the aristocracy.
I never heard of anyone getting date raped or running over a child while stoned on pot but all the best to you and yours!
Hmmm. Most of the famous philosophers that come to mind were the children of working professionals. Locke, Kant, nietzsche. Aristotles’s dad was a physician to the king of Macedonia. Wittgenstein came from an extremely wealthy but industrial capitalist family.

The old aristocracy lived off money produced from the land they owned, farmed and rented. And from fighting for kings in war.

Leisure time to pursue the arts, literature, sport and travel is wonderful. But you only have true freedom to do those things if you’re wealthy. And for most people the way to wealth is through high paying work or marriage to a highly paid worker.

LUH 3417

Hmmm. Most of the famous philosophers that come to mind were the children of working professionals. Locke, Kant, nietzsche. Aristotles’s dad was a physician to the king of Macedonia. Wittgenstein came from an extremely wealthy but industrial capitalist family.

The old aristocracy lived off money produced from the land they owned, farmed and rented. And from fighting for kings in war.

Leisure time to pursue the arts, literature, sport and travel is wonderful. But you only have true freedom to do those things if you’re wealthy. And for most people the way to wealth is through high paying work or marriage to a highly paid worker.
Yes and some of the wealthiest people historically have not done anything to produce wealth other than grow it generation to generation. Like monarchies and royal families. Except for enslave most of the population to be productive. Growing 10million is a lot easier if your parents have 100,000 then if they are in debt. The idle rich don’t work, the invest. Their life is devoid of productivity.

LUH 3417

Right.

I assume the pro-pot anti-productivity posters are still dependents of their parents.

Do you want financial independence? Or do you want to live off your parents or be a burden to tax payers all your life? If you want to be independent, you need to produce something of value. My impression is that it’s hard to do valuable work when you’re high a lot.

Maybe you want more than financial independence for yourself. Maybe you’d like to marry and have kids and have a house in a nice neighborhood in a nice part of the country. That is extremely expensive. So you have to be really hardworking, smart, and maybe also have good luck to pull that off.

And if you want to do marriage, family, nice house etc and also have money for travel, concerts, ski trips, nice restaurants etc, then you have to be producing in the top 10%-5%.

I don’t think marriage and family is for everyone. But I personally find it much more satisfying than the alternative. it’s depressing to know that the lifestyle described above used to be available to middle class Americans and is now possible only for very top earners.

You’re blaming the murder of the middle class on pot smoking and it’s disgusting yuppie bull****.

LUH 3417

Right.

Do you depend on your husband? Seems like you’ve exchanged your child bearing abilities for a food and housing stipend. I don’t depend on my parents but I think it’s insulting for you to demean people who do. People are interdependent, it’s only capitalism that promotes and propagates the family as the standard for socialization and anything outside that is categorized as “codependent”. In most other places in the world young couples live near their parents or in a family home. It’s only in the US that it’s more important to keep up with the Jones’ than it is to maintain bonds.

_lppaiva

Does he really advocated this?Sugar is by virtue of b-vitamin depletion so dangerous,
his advice is reckless in that regard.

I am really interested. What is your experience with B vitamins. You talk really passionately about them, have they worked well for you?

I am really interested. What is your experience with B vitamins. You talk really passionately about them, have they worked well for you?

Yes,they are useful.they are easily depleted by higher urinary volume,which results from too high sodium intake in my opinion.
Furthermore,they are degraded in general,but there are differences,by high temperature,pressure,excess acidity or alkalinity,
so overall reduction in meat as an example is around 50 to 75 %.
I do think that supplementation is advised even under diet-hygiene that approaches perfection.

_lppaiva

Yes,they are useful.they are easily depleted by higher urinary volume,which results from too high sodium intake in my opinion.
Furthermore,they are degraded in general,but there are differences,by high temperature,pressure,excess acidity or alkalinity,
so overall reduction in meat as an example is around 50 to 75 %.
I do think that supplementation is advised even under diet-hygiene that approaches perfection.

Yeah yeah, I know all the sciency stuff, but I am interested if they have done anything for you personally? I am not judging, but usually people are really passionate about things that have made them feel better. I don't think you would advocate so much for B vitamins if you hadn't had a personal experience with their importance. Nonetheless, I may be mistaken.

Really interesting the quote on temperature and pressure though, thanks. I know that we can increase niacin bioavalibility to 50 up to 90% in grains when soaked or fermented with sodium bicarbonate, but grains aren't that great to begin with. Perhaps for someone who has good digestion and can't source quality supplements. Also, I was under the impression salt doesn't increase urine through homeostasis, but by upregulating the Metabolism and, if not met with proper energy requirement, will break down muscle, which releases stored water. Haidut posted a study about it.

Yeah yeah, I know all the sciency stuff, but I am interested if they have done anything for you personally? I am not judging, but usually people are really passionate about things that have made them feel better. I don't think you would advocate so much for B vitamins if you hadn't had a personal experience with their importance. Nonetheless, I may be mistaken.

Really interesting the quote on temperature and pressure though, thanks. I know that we can increase niacin bioavalibility to 50 up to 90% in grains when soaked or fermented with sodium bicarbonate, but grains aren't that great to begin with. Perhaps for someone who has good digestion and can't source quality supplements. Also, I was under the impression salt doesn't increase urine through homeostasis, but by upregulating the Metabolism and, if not met with proper energy requirement, will break down muscle, which releases stored water. Haidut posted a study about it.

On b-Vitamins,better sleep,better regeneration from sports.
On salt i have a more mainstream-view and see through rather new research salt as somewhat immunogenic in a less than optimal way.
I am not convinced to take more than the amount that is found normally in foodstuff,with intake range as low as 500mg Na up to 1500mg Na.
People consuming salt because they can,furthermore because it feels funny on their tongue.

D

danishispsychic

But eating fruit and juice isn’t fasting. You want to feel

Cannabis use during adolescence has definitely been shown to impair cognition in adulthood, even if the person stops using. An Evidence Based Review of Acute and Long-Term Effects of Cannabis Use on Executive Cognitive Functions

I don’t know the medical literature on adult Cannabis use and cognition, but it has been, as I said, my observation that no heavy Cannabis users I know are thriving in their professional or personal life. Alcohol appears also to be bad for your brain, yet I know lots of high functioning alcoholics. But only low to moderate functioning pot users.
clearly you dont use it. :) it depends on how you can process it. no one that i know or work with does not use it - and i work with a lot of celebs, well known accomplished people. so.... i would really have to throw that and a lot of studies in the garbage. iodine makes you smarter too, just saying.

OP
YamnayaMommy

YamnayaMommy

You’re blaming the murder of the middle class on pot smoking and it’s disgusting yuppie bull****.
Lol no I blame it on globalization, immigration, and automation.

I didn’t know people still use the term yuppie. There so few young professionals anymore.

I’m taking a break from my career to have kids and will return when they’re in school. I’m definitely financially dependent on my husband right now, and there’s a real downside to that. I’m sympathetic to women who don’t want to have kids and stay home because it means economic dependence on the husband. It’s much better in many ways to have control of the purse.

Then you are happy about the demise of the old norm of the American middle class family where a man can support wife and kids on a single income? I’m agnostic about it. On the one hand, it’s a testament to how wealthy our economy was in the mid twentieth century that that was even possible. And it also suggests that, given a choice, couples would prefer not to live with their extended family. On the other hand, maybe that kind of robust middle class is simply unsustainable. It’s certainly not in the cards for millennials and younger cohorts. I personally find childcare extraordinarily arduous (though deeply rewarding) and wish we lived near or even with family, because grandparents are incredibly helpful.

I think pot use is more a symptom than a cause. People who don’t have the option of a highly remunerative career, family formation and home ownership can at least get high. My observation has been that all the the upper middle class parents i know don’t use pot. All the single childless people with erratic professional and personal lives do. Maybe it’s a coincidence!

milkboi

Do you depend on your husband? Seems like you’ve exchanged your child bearing abilities for a food and housing stipend. I don’t depend on my parents but I think it’s insulting for you to demean people who do. People are interdependent, it’s only capitalism that promotes and propagates the family as the standard for socialization and anything outside that is categorized as “codependent”. In most other places in the world young couples live near their parents or in a family home. It’s only in the US that it’s more important to keep up with the Jones’ than it is to maintain bonds.

Being dependent on your family is fine, as it's voluntary. Being dependent on the state (for a good amount of time, taking advantage of welfare for an emergency is understandable) is taking the fruits of other people's work.

indeed,but our parents can provide dependency directed on themselves because they took the fruits of other peoples work.
In a true and necessary meritocracy there would be no surplus that children could tap into,welfare-style.
Only what someone build truly for themselves should bring him welfare,not the surplus our parents took from
other peoples work.

milkboi

indeed,but our parents can provide dependency directed on themselves because they took the fruits of other peoples work.
In a true and necessary meritocracy there would be no surplus that children could tap into,welfare-style.
Only what someone build truly for themselves should bring him welfare,not the surplus our parents took from
other peoples work.

That's a good point. Although, if most people relied only on their family instead of welfare, that would lead to an overall more moral system, the lesser evil so to speak. Then welfare could be decreased step by step. But that requires stronger family bonds, and the opposite seems to happen right now. Women being married to the state instead of being married to a man.

Just a note.
The amount of actual,physical wares produced for western societies only ever increased further.
Tightening your belt is a psychological-control meme.
R&D,Automation and refinement of work-related processes,something like just-in-time manufacturing,
increased the availability of physical welfare of advanced western systems even further,and our want is needy just like a demanding fever.
It isnt about money as a true respectable force,but what you can get collectively as the west from the third world for these phony transfer-symbols,which happen to obfusciate the questions of true worth of wares and concomitant work,also
in the seemingly friendly,my-team safe-space of the west.yes,your neighbor is moneygrabbing,not some phony
mexican.
The demise of the middle class is squarely rooted by undue influencers of societal go-getters.

"The demise of the middle class is squarely rooted in undue influence of societal go-getters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals