If Intermittent fasting is giving me amazing results, is there any reason not to do it?

ironfist

Whenever I fast I tend to feel good. I'll go the whole day without eating and seem great.

But then I remember it's time for eating because I'm skinny.

LadyRae

You're running on adrenaline, that's common and normal, but it can't go on forever without consequences. I'm guessing you are young? You can definitely get away with it for a while.

ironfist

I saw a show about a guy in the UK who did intermittent fasting or a 3 day fast (sounds frightening) or something and lowered his IL-1. Like, is short term fasting ok?

A

Adf

There are many thousands or millions or potentially even infinite (because adaptation) bodily mechanisms that we are unaware about. There could be positive health effects unknown to us that outweigh the negative. There also could be more negative health effects we do not know about that outweigh the positive. Just because there's some bad things about fasting doesn't mean the positives can't counter them.. and vice versa.

The most important thing to do, is what feels right for you.

OP
D

DonLore

There are many thousands or millions or potentially even infinite (because adaptation) bodily mechanisms that we are unaware about. There could be positive health effects unknown to us that outweigh the negative. There also could be more negative health effects we do not know about that outweigh the positive. Just because there's some bad things about fasting doesn't mean the positives can't counter them.. and vice versa.

The most important thing to do, is what feels right for you.
Correct

LadyRae

Say goodbye to muscle when you fast, people. It's extremely catabolic...

Look below in "similar threads". Lots of posts by Haidut, others.

LLight

Good. I believe it is logical that the body is clever and the signals which are given should be taken into account.

RealNeat

So I have had gut and autoimmune symptoms for a long time now. I always remember how I liked to Intermittent fast when younger, and felt better doing that. Now after starting the IF again, I feel million times better. So while ray peat and haidut and this forum hates fasting, then why the **** should I try to force food when not hungry. When fasting, I actually have no cortisol/adrenaline symptoms at all, but feel much calmer and energetic and warm. When eating, I often get brain fog, and many other symptoms. So what is the risk of doing intermittent fasting if it works for me and feels good?
How late is your dinner?

TradClare

Just eat when you’re hungry
Amen! Denying true hunger repeatedly is stressful and will get you into trouble. So can overeating late in the day such that you're never hungry in the morning (unless you have amazing digestion and stomach acid I guess). I don't consider it "fasting" to not eat when you're not hungry. That is just normal behavior. Trust your body, don't eat when others tell you to

P

pineywoodrooter

I did intermittent fasting for about three years straight. Got ripped. Felt "good" during the fasts.

Crashed and burned about a year ago and still trying to recover. The stress hormones build up quite a bit.

LLight

I wonder if it could just be that fasting uses nutrients and that people are not eating enough.

For example, plasma folate increases during fasting. Is it used more (or less?) and thus requires more important intake?

RealNeat

I probably get hungry/feel like I have to eat first time in the day at around 1-3pm. Sometimes I eat already in the 10am but not that often
Right, but how about your dinner the night before?

Davsey85

Usually the last meal is between 9 to 11 pm

Seems like it's doing something good.I have heard eating late can cause oxidative stress

I know it's tough when you have cfs.Eating lots of carbs,sugar like suggested on this forum would send me into insulin resistance

SuperStressed

I have tried fresh OJ and pomegranate juice, but these too often cause bloating and brain fog. And then sometimes not. Overall it seems that I dont have enough stomach acid, so too much liquids make the problem worse.
And I dont get stress reaction from IF. I got stress reactions from eating in the morning sometimes, probably from the endotoxin and bad digestion. Anyway, it seems that its best to just follow the appetite and instincts. If there is 0 appetite, then your body must be telling you something with that
Don, Ray did say that you shouldn't eat if [stressed or anxious] as you wouldn't digest it anyway. Your lack of morning hunger is surely stress so what you're doing actually is Peaty.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals