If Intermittent fasting is giving me amazing results, is there any reason not to do it?

exile

Don, Ray did say that you shouldn't eat if [stressed or anxious] as you wouldn't digest it anyway. Your lack of morning hunger is surely stress so what you're doing actually is Peaty.

Do you have the article or interview where he said this, just wanted to see or hear the whole quote.

Pistachio

So I have had gut and autoimmune symptoms for a long time now. I always remember how I liked to Intermittent fast when younger, and felt better doing that. Now after starting the IF again, I feel million times better. So while ray peat and haidut and this forum hates fasting, then why the **** should I try to force food when not hungry. When fasting, I actually have no cortisol/adrenaline symptoms at all, but feel much calmer and energetic and warm. When eating, I often get brain fog, and many other symptoms. So what is the risk of doing intermittent fasting if it works for me and feels good?
Fasting is perhaps the single most significant thing you can do for your health. Been done for thousands of years. ;)

Peat's opinion on it is irrelevant.

BeanSprouts

I basically IF'd from 10 to 18 because I never had breakfast and would skip school lunches because they're inedible. I was always tired and had terrible acne (still have bad acne). I was skinny (140 lbs), but I was also skinny (140 lbs) for 4 years after that. The "fasting" was a nonfactor. Then I see this relatively recent trend, and all I see is people justifying to themselves binge eating behavior.

If you enjoy having one big meal a day, that's fine and it probably doesn't matter, but I don't believe in this meal timing magic *at all*, and I increasingly see it justified with cringe-inducing pseudo-evolutionary claims like "muh caveman." It's just a cult at this point and these people never look healthy. It even seems to spiral into white supremacy when you dig deeper. Like the "my white ancestors were Vikings and warriors only eat meat after a battle," cringe.

I'd just focus on eating well instead of "timing" meals.

D

Deleted member 5487

Fasting is perhaps the single most significant thing you can do for your health. Been done for thousands of years. ;)

Peat's opinion on it is irrelevant.
Do you fast?

I just started IF and am really liking it. I forgot how easy it was to drop weight on it.

I believe breaking the fast with Bananas, Orange Juice, coconut cream(fat) and Master Amino Acid Profiles. Or Nitrogen catabolic free amino is a huge cheat code.

The Fruit is alkalinizing and easy to digest while also tanking cortisol from the IF. Meanwhile CO displaces PUFA from IF and agian is instant energy in MCT form. While the ammino acids digest in 20 minutes or so and kick start annabolic response.

Massive Cheat, then you don't even need to eat agian till much later and have a collossal meal after a workout.

TradClare

Every time I tried IF in the past, I would get to about 3 weeks and not be able to take it anymore. Then I heard on a podcast that it can get really hard at that point when you've burned down your glycogen stores. At that point, your body has to burn fat sooner in the fast rather than going to those glycogen stores. So, I kept going this past Lent and made it and now it's been about 3 months. I get crazy hungry a couple days before my cycle begins and I eat longer those days, maybe even 8 hours, but my normal day now is 3-4 hours eating, starting late afternoon. The rest of the day I enjoy black coffee (only 1-2 cups) and water and carbonated water. I am learning a lot about what foods make me feel the best in a way that I couldn't sense before. Also, I am sleeping so well, better than I ever have. I get nice and sleepy by 9-10, a few hours after all that good food. I am hoping I keep seeing benefits. I guess I'm not too worried about tanking my metabolism because I am not aiming to lose weight (I will not let myself lose more than 5 pounds) and I am gifted genetically and with a great metabolic upbringing. Plus all the info here can help me down the road if needed. I try to get plenty of carbs, use 92 degree C.O., and raw milk

LadyRae

I think intermittent fasting has its place for a lot of people. I feel good fasting overnight for about 12 to 14 hours max, but any more than that and I don't feel good...
My temps and pulse are high and I have a big appetite so I don't want to mess that up. But it does feel good to have a break from eating and it helps my digestion to not be eating all the time...

Do you fast?

I just started IF and am really liking it. I forgot how easy it was to drop weight on it.

I believe breaking the fast with Bananas, Orange Juice, coconut cream(fat) and Master Amino Acid Profiles. Or Nitrogen catabolic free amino is a huge cheat code.

The Fruit is alkalinizing and easy to digest while also tanking cortisol from the IF. Meanwhile CO displaces PUFA from IF and agian is instant energy in MCT form. While the ammino acids digest in 20 minutes or so and kick start annabolic response.

Massive Cheat, then you don't even need to eat agian till much later and have a collossal meal after a workout.
Is staying cognizant of acid/base balance still a big part of your lifestyle and diet? Have you tweaked or improved your personal regime since last writing on the topic?

D

Deleted member 5487

Is staying cognizant of acid/base balance still a big part of your lifestyle and diet? Have you tweaked or improved your personal regime since last writing on the topic?
Yes.
It's still crucial after 22-25 years old. When the kidneys efficacy begins to decline and can no longer keep up the acid load from Sulfur aminos, phosphate, and NACL. Particularly since these make up a massive amount of of the SAD.

Alkalinizing Fruit, Alkalinizing vegetables(roasted so the starch's are converted to sugar), fat free dressing salads.

The old saying "eat your greens" is legit.

I just started IF and am breaking that fast with fruits, like I said, and some coconut milk+MAAP.

Then when I eat protein i always try to have a salad with it. Fat free dressing like roasted garlic and some blue cheese makes it delicious.

Run on Carbs(fruit/potato's), and alkaline your protein consumption with greens.

PEATs diet reccomendations are actually legit.

OJ has one of the highest concentrations of Citrates(converts to bicarbonates)
And Milks PRAL is almost 0 While meat and stuff is much worse.

D

Deleted member 5487

Every time I tried IF in the past, I would get to about 3 weeks and not be able to take it anymore. Then I heard on a podcast that it can get really hard at that point when you've burned down your glycogen stores. At that point, your body has to burn fat sooner in the fast rather than going to those glycogen stores. So, I kept going this past Lent and made it and now it's been about 3 months. I get crazy hungry a couple days before my cycle begins and I eat longer those days, maybe even 8 hours, but my normal day now is 3-4 hours eating, starting late afternoon. The rest of the day I enjoy black coffee (only 1-2 cups) and water and carbonated water. I am learning a lot about what foods make me feel the best in a way that I couldn't sense before. Also, I am sleeping so well, better than I ever have. I get nice and sleepy by 9-10, a few hours after all that good food. I am hoping I keep seeing benefits. I guess I'm not too worried about tanking my metabolism because I am not aiming to lose weight (I will not let myself lose more than 5 pounds) and I am gifted genetically and with a great metabolic upbringing. Plus all the info here can help me down the road if needed. I try to get plenty of carbs, use 92 degree C.O., and raw milk
I believe taking IF breaks, like say the weekend can help.

Also it's important to Buffer the PUFA release and FFA burning with coconut oil and Vitamin E (mabey 2x a week)

jet9

So I have had gut and autoimmune symptoms for a long time now. I always remember how I liked to Intermittent fast when younger, and felt better doing that. Now after starting the IF again, I feel million times better. So while ray peat and haidut and this forum hates fasting, then why the **** should I try to force food when not hungry. When fasting, I actually have no cortisol/adrenaline symptoms at all, but feel much calmer and energetic and warm. When eating, I often get brain fog, and many other symptoms. So what is the risk of doing intermittent fasting if it works for me and feels good?
Are you still doing IF?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals