Hormonal Blood Test Results - Need Advices

max9505672

Hey guys!

First of all, excuse me for the long post, I just wanted to make sure I put as much details as possible.

So this is my first post on the forum although I’ve been reading a lot of discussions lately. I recently got blood tests results back and wanted to share it with you guys and hopefully learn more about my situation (and kind of get a second opinion from my doctor’s).

First, here’s a background of myself; I am now 26 years old. Physically, I’ve always looked (and still do) a good 4-5 years younger than the other guys my age (puberty also came late). Basically, I have small bones which results in more ‘’feminine’’ traits in my face, small extremities (fingers, toes) and just a smaller general body shape.

I also have quite a low muscular mass especially for the amount of workout I am doing. Seems like I can’t build any muscle despite having what I consider a good training plan and good eating plan too. At the time of the test, I was counting macros and at a +/- 20-25% calorie deficit, good balance of carbs (50%), fats (25%) and proteins (25%). I was also intermittent fasting everyday (8hrs/16hrs). I wasn't taking any supplements or vitamins or nutrients mineral. I was only taking 10000 UI of vitamin D once a week and doxycycline daily for acne problems (and protein shakes occasionally).

I am 5’9’’ and weight 155 pounds. I did a body composition analysis a few weeks ago (InBody 570 machine); I am at 10.3% bodyfat, core lean mass is low compared to arms and legs, thighs and calves muscles are much more developed than upper body, and I’d say I tend to store more fat at my thighs and never had lean pectoral area even though overall bodyfat % is low. Finally, I am a pretty hairy guy from everywhere; legs, arms, face and chest are very dense (especially legs, but, forearms, beard).

As the psychological aspect goes (and I don’t know yet if it could be related to any endocrine problem), I’ve been dealing with anxiety and poor self worth for at least the last 12 years. Always been more stressed and anxious about school, jobs, money, and pretty much anything than the average person around me. I've suffered from arousal addiction (excessive masturbation) related to this anxiety for more than 15 years. I also suffer from poor concentration at times, very bad short term memory and what I can relate to ‘’brainfog’’ where I just can’t think straight at times, feels like my brain shuts down for a moment. The psychological aspect is the most annoying to me the one I’d like to improve the most.

So for those reason, I decided to do a general blood test and get a portrait of my endocrinal situation. Here’s a table showing everything I have:

2m41ydd.jpg

After the analysis of those tests, my doctors proposed to treat my thyroid (hypo) and begin with a small dose of Synthroid. After reading about this med, I got reassured and decided to begin with 0.05mg 6 weeks ago (didn't notice any real effect). I’ll have another blood tests in 2 weeks after the med stabilizes in my system to see if it had any impact on my TSH/T4/T3. I've also stopped intermittent fasting, calorie deficit and started eating better (no more PUFA's, almost only saturated, more fructose, more salt, gelatine, enough protein, dairy, as much organic as possible, etc.)

But I’m a little worried about my T results (especially SHBG, free T and estradiol). Clearly something’s off here and the doctor didn't prescribe anything else than Syntroid. I think such high estradiol and SHBG could be linked to liver disfunction. Should I ask for more tests? Liver test? Micronutrients test? Anything else?

Thanks for your help and feel free to ask more questions for more details about my situation.

Max