The importance of Migrating Motor Complex and intuitive eating

Ippodrom47

Hi everyone! I just wanted to say that I've been having lots of thyroid/metabolism/gut/micronutrients/food sensitivities/carotene issues and they (knock on wood) seem to have greatly diminished since I started to let my digestion rest for a couple hours in the morning. Usually, I would eat within the first hour after awakening in order not to provoke cortisol spikes and blood sugar dips but now I'm letting the stomach rumble for 4 hours straight, the gut cleaning itself, and lo and behold: I can eat some vitamin A and goitrogenic foods without feeling cold, my brain fog and energy levels are noticeably better, mood better, etc.
I've also added fermented dairy to facilitate the healing process but that alone didn't work without a several-hour fasting. I don't think I'll be trying 24-hour fasts any time soon, and I understand it's a slow process. I remember doing some 36-hour fasts some years ago: some went great, the others were a rollercoaster of stress hormones. It's all a matter of balance, as I believe now.
My mom would say she only ate when she was hungry and couldn't even have breakfast without doing something for a couple hours before that, in order to get hungry, while I was munching a huge meal just because "it was right". Now, I'll be eating when I really feel like it.
Have you noticed improvements with that approach (moderate daily intermittent fasting + intuitive eating)?

Michael Mohn

High cortisol in the morning will reduce appetite. Sugar and sunlight will lower cortisol quickly. I found half an hour of light from halogen or incandescent lamps after waking up will increase appetite quickly. Intermittent fasting will increase stress hormones and in the long run it's very detrimental to a high metabolism.
I did skip breakfast for decades and it gave me low energy and insomnia. Force feeding me breakfast turned things around. Cyproheptadine and progesterone helped a lot too. But light exposure in the morning is really powerful.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals