Psilocybin, serotonin and fatigue

worrywart

I had perfect health until a few years ago. I began peating in 2012. I could eat anything -- milk, bread, pasta, red meat -- and not get fatigue. I had no addictions. My one big problem was OCD, chiefly of the contamination and scrupulosity varieties, and this problem I still have, but I have wrecked my health meanwhile.

What happened was four years ago I had to move back in with my parents and it's been very stressful. First I got fat, and stayed fat for about three years, while also developing an addiction to tianeptine and then to kratom. Eventually kratom made me unable to digest food well. I got tired of being fat and decided to do intermittent fasting. I started doing it too much, doing 20 hour fasts three days in a row, things like that, and then gorging on chips and cheese when I finally broke the fast. Not a good idea. The last years have been nothing but stress and bad ideas.

After two years of kratom and one year of IF, I can't eat anything without feeling fatigued. Milk, orange juice, rice, cheese, doesn't matter, I'll be useless for one or two hours after the meal.

Well, I have stopped fasting and am almost kratom free (down to 2 g a day). I'm slowly getting less fatigued after meals (gelatin, magnesium chloride and coconut oil dissolved in coffee seem to be helping here). But the OCD is still there, as severe as ever. The one thing that works for my scrupulosity OCD is small doses of psilocybin.

Here's where I ask the experts for a little light. Would chronic administration of small psilocybine doses contribute to fatigue? Consider that, per Google, Psychedelic effects are believed to emerge through stimulation of serotonin 2A receptors (5-HT2ARs) by psilocybin's active metabolite, psilocin. Could daily tweaking of this receptor precipitate some undesirable metabolic reaction? Anyone here take psilocybin and can relay some relevant anecdotal evidence?

My OCD is so bad I'm basically bedridden with guilt unless I take something to mitigate it. Inositol helps, but it's like 40% OCD mitigation vs. psilocybin where it's more like 80%. I can't live with OCD but I can't live with fatigue either. I'd be thankful for any feedback here.

Last edited:
OP
W

worrywart

I should have added that some people who microdose psilocybin report fatigue, and I can't afford to be fatigued all day anymore.

I'll have to experiment for myself. Stop fasting, quit kratom, strict peating, and see if microdosing words in these conditions.

I'm concerned is all. The fatigue is harming my productivity big time. Any feedback would be nice.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals