Smart guys please chime in: are eye floaters following shrooms microdose caused by the psilocybin, or does it just make them visible?

worrywart

I have a high-ish IQ but have a hard time studying these biological minutia. I have a really hard time concentrating. It's mostly (at least 99%) because of my OCD. I really wish I could contribute more to this forum.

Psilocybin microdoses are so far the best thing I have found for OCD. Inositol also helps, methylene blue also helps, but not as much. But a small psilocybin dose simply turns the OCD off like a switch.

But after taking it I began noticing a lot of eye floaters. About 15 in each eye. Big floaters, very annoying. However, one of them looks exactly like a floater I used to see when I was a kid. I wonder if the psilocybin is simply making them more visible. Also, if I take my contacts out and put them on again, my vision becomes sharper and the floaters become less visible. Which would corroborate the hypothesis that the shrooms simply made my eyes stop filtering them out.

Of course, I could experiment. Take a microdose and see if the floaters increase. Risky, but I'll probably do it.

Anyway, what do you guys think?

OP
W

worrywart

I read on Rod Dreher's blog about a Christian guy in his sixties who started microdosing shrooms for his neurosis and said it was working. I'm a Christian and don't want to encourage drug use. I never took a dose large enough to hallucinate. I only tried psilocybin because nothing else was working.

Regina

I have a high-ish IQ but have a hard time studying these biological minutia. I have a really hard time concentrating. It's mostly (at least 99%) because of my OCD. I really wish I could contribute more to this forum.

Psilocybin microdoses are so far the best thing I have found for OCD. Inositol also helps, methylene blue also helps, but not as much. But a small psilocybin dose simply turns the OCD off like a switch.

But after taking it I began noticing a lot of eye floaters. About 15 in each eye. Big floaters, very annoying. However, one of them looks exactly like a floater I used to see when I was a kid. I wonder if the psilocybin is simply making them more visible. Also, if I take my contacts out and put them on again, my vision becomes sharper and the floaters become less visible. Which would corroborate the hypothesis that the shrooms simply made my eyes stop filtering them out.

Of course, I could experiment. Take a microdose and see if the floaters increase. Risky, but I'll probably do it.

Anyway, what do you guys think?
I think eye floaters are associated with liver stasis and fatty liver. Maybe the anti-serotonin effects of psylocibin is releasing the floaters?
Something like that?

OP
W

worrywart

I think eye floaters are associated with liver stasis and fatty liver. Maybe the anti-serotonin effects of psylocibin is releasing the floaters?
Something like that?

Thanks, Regina. I do have a bit of a fatty liver, according to exams from years ago.

OP
W

worrywart

Sorry if the title sounds arrogant. Regular people (like me) please feel free to chime in as well.

OP
W

worrywart

I'm autistic. I never know exactly what note of politeness to strike.

tasfarelel

How many days after starting your microdosing did it took to realize the eye floaters?

OP
W

worrywart

Serotonin again. (if you're serious)

Have you tried anti-serotonin products? Lisuride and cyproheptadine.

Also keeping your guts clean. Lapodin is nice.

I've been taking cypro since 2015, eating a daily carrot since 2012. I feel good after eating raw carrots and cypro certainly has some benefits, it kind of stabilizes my mood (after the initial cypro-induced depression subsides), but doesn't help much with OCD.

But methylene blue does work quite well for my OCD. But it doesn't make it disappear completely like psilocybin does.

I do become way less autistic when microdosing. I also get this same effect from pregnenolone and a few other peaty supplements. I become more normal, start laughing out loud at comedy videos (which I usually never do, even if I find them funny), my writing becomes wittier, etc.

OP
W

worrywart

How many days after starting your microdosing did it took to realize the eye floaters?

Yeah, come to think of it, I think it was about a week and half after I began microdosing that I first saw them. What do you think are the implications here?

Regina

I've been taking cypro since 2015, eating a daily carrot since 2012. I feel good after eating raw carrots and cypro certainly has some benefits, it kind of stabilizes my mood (after the initial cypro-induced depression subsides), but doesn't help much with OCD.

But methylene blue does work quite well for my OCD. But it doesn't make it disappear completely like psilocybin does.

I do become way less autistic when microdosing. I also get this same effect from pregnenolone and a few other peaty supplements. I become more normal, start laughing out loud at comedy videos (which I usually never do, even if I find them funny), my writing becomes wittier, etc.
MB, pregnenolone, microdosing all sounds good for you.

How about adrenaline? I like inosine.
Even just a temporary use for a week fixed my adrenaline issues permanently.

And of course, niacinamide.

Maybe there will be a way to transition away from microdosing if you get enough other things sorted.,

tasfarelel

I guess your theory could be correct in the sense of microdosing having "reset" your visual perception so that you see (again) what was previously filtered out. Otherwise, there are also scientific reports on psychedelics triggering retina signals similar to light. Both possibilities could also (maybe) interact with each other.

And actually, the internet is full of people reporting eye floaters and similar after psychedelics, with various other assumptions.

ivy

OP
W

worrywart

MB, pregnenolone, microdosing all sounds good for you.

How about adrenaline? I like inosine.
Even just a temporary use for a week fixed my adrenaline issues permanently.

And of course, niacinamide.

Maybe there will be a way to transition away from microdosing if you get enough other things sorted.,

Inosine sounds like a great idea, thanks. I was just thinking these last days about how the intrusive thoughts always seem to cause an adrenaline spike. The problem is not so much the thoughts but the anxiety they bring. With psilocybin, inositol etc. this anxiety is diminished.

OP
W

worrywart

Some guy on Reddit just replied to my thread there talking about this stuff. Floaters don't necessarily mean vitreous detachment but yes, I should probably get my eyes checked out.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
I had floaters since being a child. But then in 2020 I had a sudden increase of floaters mostly in my right eye and shortly thereafter, I had an eye infection with a stye forming. I added a very small amount of chlorine dioxide to eye drops that I bought to about 10 ppm and treated both eyes with it. Eventually the stye broke and puss oozed out. I still have those floaters. I wondered whether I got the Coronavirus infecting my eyes? The newer variant is supposed to give people pink eyes. Something to watch out for.

I have 3,000 ppm of chlorine dioxide solution from kvlab.com. One drop is 0.05 ml. The eye drops are 10 ml. One drop of 3,000 ppm CDS into the eye drops makes

3,000 ppm x 0.05/10 = 15 ppm

I used 50 ppm with no ill effects on my eyes.

I began reading about it and these floaters are entangled protein chains from the fluid body inside the eye. This goes back to Dr. Gilbert Ling and his discovery that the protein in the cells bind the cell water into a gel. It is part of his association - induction hypothesis.

Then a few years ago, an article caught my attention: scientists were able to ‘uncook’ an egg using a mechanical method, they spun the solidified egg white in a vortex.

I somewhere read that uric acid could be used to fold protein back into the ‘resting state’ (Ling) and I wondered if that could be done with the misfolded or entangled protein in the eye. I bought some uric acid powder and some eye wash cups. I wondered if mechanical agitation using sound transducers in combination with a saline solution with uric acid, pH neutralized, could help to dissolve those floaters. But I haven’t tried it yet…

I found some medical articles on experiments done with animal eyes on reversing cataracts, I think by using red light. I am not familiar with medical terms, so I am not sure if cataracts and floaters have a common origin. It’s both about damaged proteins, though.

Maybe UV light could have to do with it, too. TVs, computer screens and LED lights all produce more of the short wavelength blue than incandescent light. UV can lead to cataracts.

That’s about all that I can say about floaters. They are very annoying.

OP
W

worrywart

I had floaters since being a child. But then in 2020 I had a sudden increase of floaters mostly in my right eye and shortly thereafter, I had an eye infection with a stye forming. I added a very small amount of chlorine dioxide to eye drops that I bought to about 10 ppm and treated both eyes with it. Eventually the stye broke and puss oozed out. I still have those floaters. I wondered whether I got the Coronavirus infecting my eyes? The newer variant is supposed to give people pink eyes. Something to watch out for.

I have 3,000 ppm of chlorine dioxide solution from kvlab.com. One drop is 0.05 ml. The eye drops are 10 ml. One drop of 3,000 ppm CDS into the eye drops makes

3,000 ppm x 0.05/10 = 15 ppm

I used 50 ppm with no ill effects on my eyes.

I began reading about it and these floaters are entangled protein chains from the fluid body inside the eye. This goes back to Dr. Gilbert Ling and his discovery that the protein in the cells bind the cell water into a gel. It is part of his association - induction hypothesis.

Then a few years ago, an article caught my attention: scientists were able to ‘uncook’ an egg using a mechanical method, they spun the solidified egg white in a vortex.

I somewhere read that uric acid could be used to fold protein back into the ‘resting state’ (Ling) and I wondered if that could be done with the misfolded or entangled protein in the eye. I bought some uric acid powder and some eye wash cups. I wondered if mechanical agitation using sound transducers in combination with a saline solution with uric acid, pH neutralized, could help to dissolve those floaters. But I haven’t tried it yet…

I found some medical articles on experiments done with animal eyes on reversing cataracts, I think by using red light. I am not familiar with medical terms, so I am not sure if cataracts and floaters have a common origin. It’s both about damaged proteins, though.

Maybe UV light could have to do with it, too. TVs, computer screens and LED lights all produce more of the short wavelength blue than incandescent light. UV can lead to cataracts.

That’s about all that I can say about floaters. They are very annoying.

Excellent reply, thank you.

Someone on this forum said they cured their floaters with red light. Another guy here said he cured it with long distance gazing. And there's a guy who said his girlfriend cured her floaters with serrapeptase.

So I've been taking serrapeptase. Hasn't done anything to my floaters yet, but it helps a lot with mood and significantly lowers my blood pressure, which is great.

Some guys on /r/EyeFloaters say serrapeptase cured their floaters. There's this one guy who went through a long list of supplements who finally settled on a regimen which said eliminated his floaters. Here's the thread (maybe you've alrady seen it):
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/EyeFloaters/comments/odw0tq/how_i_finally_cured_my_floaters_after_testing_200/

Peat himself said something like the body will probably clear out the floaters eventually if your metabolism is good. One guy here said his floaters diminished after he began peating.

As for your proposed solutions, thank you, I'll check them out.

Oh, a lot of people at /r/EyeFloaters eat pineapples. Some say they cleared out their floaters, others are cynical. One third of a pineapple a day is the protocol. The bromealin in the pineapple is supposed to get into your eyes and clear them out. You're supposed to eat the stem.

Yeah man floaters are really annoying but let's keep our hopes up.

Last edited:

Frankdee20

Serotonin is associated with the occipital lobes and vision.

Makes sense

DMT produces far out visuals

Serotonin is effected as a primary target for all psychedelics

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom