Smart guys please chime in: are eye floaters following shrooms microdose caused by the psilocybin, or does it just make them visible?

OP
W

worrywart

Serotonin is associated with the occipital lobes and vision.

Makes sense

DMT produces far out visuals

Serotonin is effected as a primary target for all psychedelics

Interesting.

One guy at /r/EyeFloaters took an antidepressant and said it made his floaters less visible. I think it was an SSRI. This would confirm the hypothesis that the psilocybin interferes with the brain's ability to filter the floaters out, rather than causing new floaters to form.

OP
W

worrywart

I'm microdosing psilocybin again. It's almost like turning off my OCD with a switch. Let's see how much squiggly eye debris I'll see floating around tomorrow.

OP
W

worrywart

Ideally I'd reach that state of pure thought Peat talks about somewhere -- that total control over one's thoughts, no intrusive thoughts, he said something like "choosing what you think" -- purely through diet and judicious use of supplements. Drinking a lot of milk, getting sunlight, taking methylene blue and inositol and niacinamide help me get a taste of that, but the intrusive thoughts are still there. I want to find a way of deactivating them completely. What separates normal people (most people) from neurotics is normal people don't have intrusive thoughts. They can glance at conspiracy theories without getting sucked into them. In a way normie superficiality is healthy. It's adaptive behavior. I'm so obsessed with the truth it makes me profoundly maladaptavie. Imprisoned by chains of syllogisms. Ever building a case against myself. Ever amassing evidence. Going down rabbit holes, bearing witness to ugly facts, joining the dots, seeing the big picture, succumbing to despair. To a point that resembles catatonic schizophrenia.

And then I microdose psilocybin and it's like it dissolves the diseased neuronal pathways. I feel normal again. And then I look at the sky and it's full of floaters.

OP
W

worrywart

I should probably stop eating starch. Would probably get me a little closer to that goal. Quitting coffee would help as well. I feel much better when I cut down on coffee.

Waynish

Microdosing is a bad idea. You're just a lil bit on drugs. Just do a proper dose and then stop and clean yourself out (cleanses, protocols, exercise, fasting, more water, explore and learn...)
Lisuride is better than microdosing acid or shrooms, less downsides, all of the positives.

OP
W

worrywart

I'm looking for lisuride in my country and it doesn't seem to be a thing here. Not available OTC or prescription-only. Maybe I'll try importing it.

OP
W

worrywart

I have yet to try lithium.

As for microdosing, I can get things done when I do it. Otherwise it's just relentless, crippling guilt.

OP
W

worrywart

Look I hate to sound dramatic but I'm not doing good. My OCD has gotten really bad. I began microdosing after trying dozens of other things. And it works.

I don't know how feasible it is long term or if it will make my floaters worse. We'll see.

Diogo

Look I hate to sound dramatic but I'm not doing good. My OCD has gotten really bad. I began microdosing after trying dozens of other things. And it works.

I don't know how feasible it is long term or if it will make my floaters worse. We'll see.
Do you usually have intrinsic thoughts while reading? If so, did microdosing help with those? I´m seeing plenty of conflicting info on it and very scarce literature on the cognitive side of it. By experience, if a chemical or product is actually helpful for for a variety of things and plenty speak about it, it not having lot´s of studys(and diversed ones) means the ones in charge do not want us to use them. Now, how to know what is truth and what is not with so little diversity of studies? What do you overall feel while microdosing?

OP
W

worrywart

It's basically left-brain dominance. Too much logical thinking. I already explained it a bit in a long post. Chesterton's chapter on madness in Orthodoxy covers it well. The crazy guy has not lost his reason, he has lost everything but his reason. It's a common form of madness. Many guys (it's mostly guys) dig themselves into a hole this way. Chains of arguments that lead to despair and catatonia. Airtight arguments, irrefutable, inescapable.

OP
W

worrywart

Do you usually have intrinsic thoughts while reading? If so, did microdosing help with those? I´m seeing plenty of conflicting info on it and very scarce literature on the cognitive side of it. By experience, if a chemical or product is actually helpful for for a variety of things and plenty speak about it, it not having lot´s of studys(and diversed ones) means the ones in charge do not want us to use them. Now, how to know what is truth and what is not with so little diversity of studies? What do you overall feel while microdosing?

Oh yeah, reading is really tough when you have OCD. I'm always nervous when I'm reading a book. But yesterday I microdosed and read a bit of a novel and it was chill.

As for TPTB not wanting us to do psilocybin, I don't know. Maybe. But I'm pretty sure they've been engineering this entire drug culture we now see around us since the 1960s.

Ideally I'll eventually find something less druggy to treat my OCD. But the mental relief I get from microdosing feels amazing.

Diogo

It's basically left-brain dominance. Too much logical thinking. I already explained it a bit in a long post. Chesterton's chapter on madness in Orthodoxy covers it well. The crazy guy has not lost his reason, he has lost everything but his reason. It's a common form of madness. Many guys (it's mostly guys) dig themselves into a hole this way. Chains of arguments that lead to despair and catatonia. Airtight arguments, irrefutable, inescapable.
This is what microdosing feels to you, despite the mental relief? Why would you name it "a common form of madness"?

OP
W

worrywart

This is what microdosing feels to you, despite the mental relief? Why would you name it "a common form of madness"?

No, dude. lol. That's me describing my OCD. Microdosing makes me feel better. It makes me feel less trapped in those mental prisons.

Diogo

No, dude. lol. That's me describing my OCD. Microdosing makes me feel better. It makes me feel less trapped in those mental prisons.
Most people are have their own "mental prison", coming in many ways and forms and weights. Mine is a methaphorical spiral going downwards.
According to this study ( Neural mechanisms underlying psilocybin’s therapeutic potential – the need for preclinical in vivo electrophysiology ), it seems that, if I were to microdose, my spiral would flatten a bit.

Do you have 5 minutes to read it and chime in, in relevance with your experience with it?

If you describe by your own words what you feel and how microdosing makes solves it, someone with more experience/knowlegde on the topic might(maybe not today) join the conversation and add the info you possibly need.

Mauritio

I've been taking cypro since 2015, eating a daily carrot since 2012. I feel good after eating raw carrots and cypro certainly has some benefits, it kind of stabilizes my mood (after the initial cypro-induced depression subsides), but doesn't help much with OCD.

But methylene blue does work quite well for my OCD. But it doesn't make it disappear completely like psilocybin does.

I do become way less autistic when microdosing. I also get this same effect from pregnenolone and a few other peaty supplements. I become more normal, start laughing out loud at comedy videos (which I usually never do, even if I find them funny), my writing becomes wittier, etc.
Have you tried allopregnanolone or 5aDHP?

OP
W

worrywart

Most people are have their own "mental prison", coming in many ways and forms and weights. Mine is a methaphorical spiral going downwards.
According to this study ( Neural mechanisms underlying psilocybin’s therapeutic potential – the need for preclinical in vivo electrophysiology ), it seems that, if I were to microdose, my spiral would flatten a bit.

Do you have 5 minutes to read it and chime in, in relevance with your experience with it?

If you describe by your own words what you feel and how microdosing makes solves it, someone with more experience/knowlegde on the topic might(maybe not today) join the conversation and add the info you possibly need.

I'm reading the study. It's amazing, thank you. I'll get back to you.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom