Help - Chronic Concussion Symptoms, Fatigue, Food Intolerances

retroactive

Hey guys,

I'm new to the Peat philosophy on hormones and diet. After suffering multiple sport concussions I've struggled with brain fog, depression, anxiety, stress and chronic fatigue for more than 20 years.

Over the past few years I've refined my diet to reflect MANY food intolerences and I saw significant improvements in my mood and energy. I removed dairy, eggs, caffeine, all grains, all legumes, certain fruits, all nuts and seeds, pork. I was able to stop SSRI medication due to these changes!

Recently, I've experienced another concussion, or brought back on old symptoms. The last episode I had like this was 3 years ago and took maybe 8-12 months to recover from.

Over the past month I've started focusing on Peat principles and noticed improvements - better concentration, more energy, less naps. I'm also more awake in the morning.

Basically, I'm looking for advice to keep improving my overall health and for healing my brain.

Stats:
38 years old
male
TSH ~1
RHR 50-60 bpm
~20% body fat
body temperature 97.5-98 deg

History:
chronic symptoms (20 years): headaches, fatigue, anxiety, depression, high stress levels, brain fog
history of post-concussion syndrome after several sports concussions.
SSRI use 14 years
Former competitive athlete for many years
Former minimal meat eater (ate LOTS of beans, tofu, yoghurt, grains)
Experimented with low-carb eating and intermittent fasting
Extremely caffeine sensitive (related to liver health or metabolism?)

Food sensitivities:
dairy, eggs, caffeine, all grains, all legumes, certain fruits, all nuts and seeds, pork (maybe).

Current Regimen:
2-3 L of orange juice daily
protein from beef and chicken soup (fat skimmed)
mangoes
watermelon
carrot salads
coconut oil for cooking
Supplementing calcium bicarbonate

-I've been monitoring all my micronutrients and the ones I have the most trouble with are calcium (supplementing), D (but its summer now), E, K

Any advice for tweaking my regimen?
How can I best treat post-concussion symptoms?
How to best maintain brain health for life?
(How) should I improve my metabolism?
(How) should I lower my inflammation?
Any advice for supplementation?

Thanks in advance. I'm really enjoying the discussions I've seen going on in this community so far.

TeslaFan

things that I find helpful for brain fog are B vitamins, with more accent on the first 3: Thiamine (Benfotimine and/or Sulbutiamine), Riboflavin, and Niacin. Minerals Magnesium and Chromium help, and so do ketones. But, the key is to utilize sugar in the brain. Thiamine is one of the key factors, but
high sugar intake (as in 3L of orange juice daily) will drastically increase the need for it. This forum has a lot of info on it.

See: Concussion And Thiamine Deficiency

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals