Low Dose Psilocybin Worked Well For My Ostrich, What's A Pharma Equivalent?

My ostrich has been permanently stuck in fight or flight mode for a long time. The clear cause of his being in this state was protracted SSRI withdrawal after long term usage, causing a whole host of dysfunctions and chronic fatigue. Not a good situation for any large flightless bird who would like to mate and produce large eggs.

One time, my ostrich came across a very small amount of Psilocybin while pecking in his field. Desiring any way out of his situation, he gobbled the lot.

Although it was well below the terence mckenna multidimensional space warping self-transforming machine elf level, I found him more relaxed and restful than he had been in a very long time.

And it's worth mentioning that I had tried feeding him perhaps a hundred different supplements, so it was a welcome surprise.

Of course, there weren't any more mushrooms in the field, and obtaining any more for an ostrich is certainly not sustainable.

I'm wondering:

1. What exactly is the mechanism of action that made this work? (anti-serotonin? or something else?)

2. What's a pharmaceutical, or even supplemental, alternative with an equivalent mechanism of action?

Many thanks

- Concerned ostrich owner

LUH 3417

Lisuride?
If you search this forum for psylocibin there are several threads regarding dopamine, seratonin, learned helplessness, and psychedelics

Attachments

• IMG_4670.JPG
    IMG_4670.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 18

Goat-e

Growing the kind of mushroom your ostrich likes so much is very easy, one small tub could yield enough for an average sized ostrich for many many years to come, particularly if the dose is very low. My goat found them so useful he learnt the process by a quick search on the internet and went on to make a precisely-dosed ethanol extract for when he needs it.

denise

For your second question, I was going to suggest the same as Goat-e: if your ostrich has even a slightly green thumb, he can do some botanizing at home. Easy peasy.

Another idea is to read the threads about DeFibron and Diamant in the Idealabs forum and consider supplementing with one of those.

churchmouth

For me, cyproheptadine shares some of the feelings and benefits I feel with a low dose of mushrooms. How they both achieve a similar and noticeable effect I am still trying to understand.

inthedark

For me maybe metergoline or lisuride. But imo mushrooms have a better side effect profile at the small doses we’re talking, and are probably way cheaper.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals