I need to get rid of my contamination OCD. Here's a post about how this particular neurosis keeps its grip on me. I could use some feedback

worrywart

I had a good day. Celebrated a close relative's birthday. Good times. But now's time for some ugly neurotic posting.

This is another schizo post, but this one is particularly embarrassing and weird. I hope you enjoy it.

---

I've had contamination OCD around my own c00m my entire post-pubescent life.

It got worse in 2004.

In 2014 I snapped and started smearing a bit of my cum on my precious belongings. So I would lose my fear of "contaminating" them.

It worked for a while, but eventually I started experiencing strange synchronicities related to this whole issue. Very specific coincidences, just like the ones Jung wrong about. Like the texture of reality was being meticulously engineered around my obsessions. Sounds insane until you experience it.

According to reputable online IQ tests, I have a 134 spatial IQ and a 150 verbal IQ. IQ talk smacks of eugenics, I know, I'm not a fan, I'm just saying. I may be insane but I'm not an idiot. These coincidences are not merely in my head. They happen. Jung believed it and so do I.

I was researching numerical synchronicites once. Clicked on a reddit thread link, a topic about numerical synchronicities. It was on some sort of paranormal or new age community. As the page opened, I saw the numbers 3.333, 444, 26 and 206. Numbers referring to numbers of upvotes and posts on certain threads. Do you see the patterns? The thematic connection? Can you estimate the odds here? Is this really subtle?

Anyway, it worked for a while. I began reading books again. I was no longer afraid of contaminating them. But let me talk about the most upsetting synchronicity that happened. It was two years ago.

I started using a sock as a condom. It feels comfortable and doesn't leave a mess. It's a filthy habit, I'm not making excuses here, but the flesh is weak. When I do succumb I'd rather not leave a crummy mess on the crime scene. Sock it is, then. And I used it repeatedly. Gross, I know. But I'm trying to be less squeamish here. I'd rather err on the side of grossness. I'm tired of neurotic cleanliness.

Synchronicities began to happen around it. I won't describe them all, you'll have to trust me. But here are two. One day my young nephew blurted out, "You have a stinky sock." He never saw my c00msock, never saw me do the deed. Of course. I don't even cuss around the kid. But it was like he knew. He said it in a taunting voice, right when my anxiety was peaking. Like a spiritual attack. Like something tempted him to say it.

So I stopped using the same sock repeatedly. If I fouled a sock I'd throw it in the trash. But after a few months I said screw it. I used a sock one day, then used the same sock the next day. Let's not be superstitious, right? Many guys have c00msocks. It's no big deal. It doesn't matter how many times you use it.

Well, three seconds after "climaxing" (what a wretched word), sock still wrapped around my ****, my mother gets a text message. I hear the little whatsapp noise from my room. She says "oh no." I discreetly ask what happened from my room, without exposing myself of course. It was my sister. She said my nephew, then five, had just broken his arm.

Whew.

---

This incident made the contamination OCD creep back in. I'm afraid of my own c00m again. But it's impossible to live like this. I need to just accept the pain. I need to stop guzzling kratom to numb the icky feeling. It's just semen. Who cares.

Know what I mean? Strange synchronicities happen. They do happen. But this is simply no way to live. I want to read books. I want to have a normal life. Who cares if there's a c00mstain on the couch. I'm gonna sit on the couch. I'm not gonna freak out. I'm gonna have a normal life.

The OCD keeps nagging me about the coincidences. Like they have huge implications that I would be irresponsible to ignore. Classic OCD thought pattern. But it's untenable. It's a crippling phobia. I'm trying to do NoFap but I'm going to slip. And when I do slip I'm not going to flip out about my own c00m. I don't care how many strange synchronicities the universe throws my way. lol.

---

I'm done. I hope you enjoyed this morbid post. I'll appreciate any feedback here.

Last edited:

Peatful

I hope you enjoyed this morbid post. I'll appreciate any feedback here.
Enjoyed?

It’s unenjoyable and ill.
As is pathological.

Get help in appropriate ways.
Not on a public forum.

Peatful

Was this not enough?

OP
W

worrywart

Was this not enough?

I guess it wasn't. Next time I make a naughty thread I suggest you cover your eyes.

OP
W

worrywart

I mean sure, I guess I should have posted this on /r/OCD instead, but reddit permabanned me after I called a mean dude a bad word.

Peatful

I can handle “naughty”.

I don’t think entertaining your sickness or giving you a platform is actually the best for you.

Get help in person.
If you sincerely wanted “recovery”
That’s what you should do
Not post twice for kicks here

Reddit is a cesspool
Get help in person
Honestly

No one can help you here
Help yourself

OP
W

worrywart

I went to a therapist for years. Didn't help much. I don't mind airing my dirty laundry here. No one knows or cares who I am. At least here I can get feeback from more people.

Is it elegant to make these threads? Certainly not. But who cares. My mental illness has ruined my life. I'll take any help I can get.

There was an Argentinian psychologist who cured his patients' neuroses by taking the neuroses upon himself and then finding a way out. I guess that's what I'm trying to do. I'm presenting a thorny situation in all its grisly details and asking for wise counsel.

Peatful

I went to a therapist for years. Didn't help much. I don't mind airing my dirty laundry here. No one knows or cares who I am. At least here I can get feeback from more people.

Is it elegant to make these threads? Certainly not. But who cares. My mental illness has ruined my life. I'll take any help I can get.
Well
I care

Im no “psychologist”
But I truly believe no one can say anything of real value unless you choose to quit

Im not singling you out
There are plenty of posts where people need to stop what they are doing
But
Yours is quite ill
You’re in the same place as you were as your first post
And
Im not convinced of your intentions

OP
W

worrywart

I'm sorry I haven't managed to heal my own neurosis since that last post. This tends to be the rule in OCD.

You ever see that "Clown with OCD" video on Youtube? It has over one million views. He says "it never goes away."

OCD does go away, I've seen people overcome it, but it's very difficult to get rid of it.

The synchronicities don't help. You have any advice for me here? Ever deal with synchronicities? You think a psychiatrist could be of any help here? They'd just put me on antipsychotics.

brightside

LOL

No offense, Peatful, but your messages come off as rude and they are very pointless, as they do nothing to help OP. Go judge someone else in a different thread.

Exploring mechanisms behind OCD is how he can get help here, I would focus on that. If you can’t contribute towards that, why comment?

Peatful

LOL

No offense, Peatful, but your messages come off as rude and they are very pointless, as they do nothing to help OP. Go judge someone else in a different thread.

Exploring mechanisms behind OCD is how he can get help here, I would focus on that. If you can’t contribute towards that, why comment?
Lol

I might be one of the few that actually discerns and cares

brightside

Lol

I might be one of the few that actually discerns and cares
Okay, Inducing frontal lobotomy via APs is definitely the way to go then? That's not sound advice.
You can't think away intrusive thoughts, which is why you have to target them chemically, and OP already said that therapy wasn't helpful.

Peatful

Okay, Inducing frontal lobotomy via APs is definitely the way to go then? That's not sound advice.
You can't think away intrusive thoughts, which is why you have to target them chemically, and OP already said that therapy wasn't helpful.
The op got a variety of very caring and some sound advice previously

He is a 37 year old man
He asked for feedback
He knew it was “ugly”
He has been banned from reddit
Things aren’t looking good for him

He proceeds to write in detail of his affliction
Absolutely unnecessary and part of his sickness

He needs more help than anyone over the internet can give him

His ocd is rooted in some deep trauma

It is ignorant to think any of us can truly help him long term
Entertaining him offers him nothing

OP
W

worrywart

Thanks for replying, @brightside.

Yes, tackling it metabolically is a good idea.

Vyvanse, kratom, tianeptine and codeine get rid of the icky feeling, but relying on a drug buzz to function is a bad idea. Tianeptine is the only healthy option here (within reasonable doses), but it's increasingly hard to obtain in my country.

Drinking a lot of milk and lifting weights gives me a buzz similar to the one I get from these substances, but it's not very reliable.

Maybe I should try taking thyroid again.

I'm not peating very rigorously right now, but even when my diet was on point the OCD/intrusive thoughts were still there.

OP
W

worrywart

He is a 37 year old man
He asked for feedback
He knew it was “ugly”

@brightside is right, you're just being rude.

I already explained that I don't care about looking bad. I'm asking for help. I'd rather solve my issue than preserve my dignity before a bunch of internet strangers.

Yes, I'm nearing middle-age. And I still have crippling OCD. What do you suggest I do? Give up and kill myself?

I'm going to ignore your posts from now on.

Peatful

Guess no one has really loved you hard enough or truly invested in you - for you to see what you interpret as rudeness is actually real care

Best to you and your future
With hope….

Peatful

brightside

He is a 37 year old man
He asked for feedback
He knew it was “ugly”

So. OP has all of things going against him, and your response to that is just to be rude, just because you find the topic off-putting? Really?

If that makes you uncomfortable, imagine living in his head!

I agree, the detail is probably a bit much, but your responses werent constructive.
Guess no one has really loved you hard enough or truly invested in you - for you to see what you interpret as rudeness is actually real care
Hiding behind the veil of "care" is not care.

brightside

Thanks for replying, @brightside.

Yes, tackling it metabolically is a good idea.

Vyvanse, kratom, tianeptine and codeine get rid of the icky feeling, but relying on a drug buzz to function is a bad idea. Tianeptine is the only healthy option here (within reasonable doses), but it's increasingly hard to obtain in my country.

Drinking a lot of milk and lifting weights gives me a buzz similar to the one I get from these substances, but it's not very reliable.

Maybe I should try taking thyroid again.

I'm not peating very rigorously right now, but even when my diet was on point the OCD/intrusive thoughts were still there.
Yep! I did read your other thread a while back, but I never had anything substantial to recommend. There's also those various nootropics which may be helpful (like sarcosine), but other than basic recommendations that you can find in 30 min of googling, I don't have anything else to add.

Tackling metabolically, is my only idea. I did that for my own issues, if you're interested, but it's a long read. You could spend a long time studying the mechanisms of OCD, and then trying to apply that. It sucks, but given that nothing else has worked, it's your best bet. IMO, maintaining Peat's perspective during research can help you weed out a bunch of the useless ideas.

It could be that you need to boost metabolism in a very specific way, or with increased doses of metabolic energizers. For example, take a look at LuMonty's threads. He used some massive doses of thyroid and hormones, but they worked for his uncommon issues. Or in my case, I'm mega-dosing thiamine on the daily to boost PDH and Kreb's enzymes.

You get the point. If you find the specific mechanism which maintains the thought loop, and then you manipulate that, you should have some success. redsun's threads are good for that too.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals