In need of help - am I hypothyroid?

Bandooli

Hi,

would like some input from you all. Relevant info: Diagnosed with POTS. Was overweight as a kid but lost most of the excess fat during puberty. Managed to develop gynecomastia during the days of being overweight, it still persists today (I'm 30 years old now). Got my appendix removed when I was 8 years old. Was very shy and introvert as a kid, not so much anymore. I got extremely sick 10 years ago, couldn't even get out of bed from a raising heartbeat, felt severe stress, anxiety, brain fog and a lot of GI issues. Started off as reflux and developed into a general feeling of being sick and tired. Developed POTS during that time as well. Fast forward to today - been implementing ideas from Ray from time to time for two or three years now and I'm kind of stuck. I've done many tests, yet I can't really figure out what's going on. Perhaps you could help me with some ideas. I'll try to summarize some of my symptoms, cant write them all, would be to extensive. I'll also include some lab results.

Symptoms: Stress sensitivity, insomnia, a pulse that can be felt throughout the body (just a tiny amount of pressure anywhere on the arteries and I can feel the pounding, most noticeable in the hands and arms), bloating, burping, foamy urine, fatigue, hair loss to name a few. I'm also cold most of the time, I never reach the 37c, temps are usually 36.1-36.6. Sometimes I'm down towards 35.7-35.9 and that is usually accompanied by a feeling of sickness and chills. Heartbeat is usually around 60, when I'm asleep it's 48-52. I feel energy deficient or "hypothyroid", but I'm far from hypo according to labs, as far as I can understand.

TSH: 0,80
T3: 5,5
T4: 17,0
S-TPO-Ak - 6

PTH: 3,0 pmol/L
Vitamin D: 100 nmol/L
Total serum testosterone: 20 nmol/L
Within reference estradiol, on the lower side, same with progesterone and on the higher side of DHEA. Don't have the exact numbers for these on hand.
Gut testing shows what they call a "microbiome deficiency", very low total abundance and few species. For example, no Bifidobacterium found in PCR DNA and no lactobacillus growth in culture with maldi-tof, so I guess I have severe dysbiosis. 2 weeks of Xifaxan usually clears my mind a bit but burping seems to consist to some degree. I have high beta-glucuronidase in stool, according to test it's because of the dysbiosis. Yet estradiol seems to be normal, though I'm not so knowledgeable, perhaps other types of estrogen can be elevated or stored in tissues?

Diet: Eggs, potatoes, some rice, well cooked mushrooms, ground beef, sometimes cod or chicken fillet (I do better with these than the read meat digestions-wise), OJ, 1 litre of milk a day, fruits - grapes and oranges mostly right now, supplements with oysters and liver at times.

I don't really know any other explanations for low temp/slow pulse other than hypothyroidism. Am I hypothyroid despite a thyroid panel looking like this? What do you guys think is going on here? Every little input is much appreciated! I might have phrased some sentences in a strange way, I'll gladly explain what I mean and elaborate further, I'll also provide more info if needed.

Last edited:
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B Borderline Hypothyroid, Histamine Intolerance? Leaky Gut? Hydrogen Sulfide SIBO?? Need Help Digestion, Gut Flora 24
E Help with Devastating Iatrogenic condition - i need your knowledge Ask For Help or Advice 7
Cloudhands Need help interpreting blood panel Ask For Help or Advice 17
youngsinatra Overmethylation - A Day Of Horror - Need Help! Ask For Help or Advice 12
Philomath Need help debunking or confirming- Study claims reduction in cognitive performance due to wearing masks, and their increase in CO2. Scientific Studies 27
J Need help - huge stress response, worried what to do Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 27
M New here - Might need a little help Meet & Greet 9
Razvan I need help pls help me guys Ask For Help or Advice 5
T Need help for friend who was floxxed by cipro an antibiotic Ask For Help or Advice 9
S Libido - ED - Need some help pls [DHT / Minox? ] Male Issues 112
I All My Issues - Need Help Ask For Help or Advice 22
Raven Need Your Help! T3/T4? Desiccated Thyroid? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 15
T Twitching Out! Got It On Video Need Help Male Issues 38
IVILA Feeling Really Lazy, Low Libido, And Tired Lately. Need Help Male Issues 5
username I Need Help Understanding My TSH And Complete Iron Panel Blood Work, Labs 7
O My Thyroid Blood Labs - Need Help Interpreting Them Blood Work, Labs 5
J Need Help With Physical Issues Ask For Help or Advice 1
D My Brain Is In Trouble And I Need Help Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 24
J Need Help With Sexual Function Ask For Help or Advice 15
S Need Some Help Deciphering This Health 0
D PFS - Need Help With Direction Ask For Help or Advice 14
J Just Had Some Extensive Blood Test Results Come In, Need Help Blood Work, Labs 6
T Seizure Like Symptoms? Need Help Male Issues 13
Ms.Orchid Need Some Help Figuring Out Iron Labs Blood Work, Labs 1
GreenTrails I Need Some Help Concerning Diagnosis Of Breast Cancer Ask For Help or Advice 59
R Lost And Need HELP! 24 Y/o Dry, Thinning, Grey Hair. Help Please, Do I Need A Hormone And Mineral Hair & Nails 17
J Need Help/guidance With Severe Hormone Imbalance Female Issues 14
Mara77 Need Help With Thyroid Resistance Metabolism 18
R 5 Years Of Fasting Daily And 3 Years Of Low Carb - I Need Help On Metabolism Ask For Help or Advice 4
P Need Help Resolving Acute Neuritis In Hand Ask For Help or Advice 3
I Need Help With Thyroid Results And T4 Supplementation Synthetic Thyroid 34
U I Really Need Your Help Metabolism 2
G Thyroid To Canada Without Prescription? Also, I Just Need Help Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 1
N New To Peating, Need Help Making A Plan To Follow (blood Work Included) Ask For Help or Advice 9
U Need Help With PE ! (neurotransmitters Analysis) Sexuality 23
T Vitamin B1 Screwed Over My Benzo Taper Need Help Ask For Help or Advice 60
O Feel Miserable After Taking T3 For Some Time, Really Need Help! Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 36
U I Need Help To Grow Back My Receding Hairline. [20yo MALE] Hair & Nails 203
Amber Low/Normal BMI, Diagnosed With Liver Fibrosis. Need Help Heart, Heart Rate, Blood Pressure 13
R Need Help For Arthritis / Arthrosis In Dog Animals 7
N Need Help! 3 Years Old - Trombocytopenia Ask For Help or Advice 10
K Issues After Working Out, And Body Problems, Need Help Ask For Help or Advice 7
A I Don't Want To Be Obese, Need Help Ask For Help or Advice 35
J I'm Just Losing Faith And Need Some Help Ask For Help or Advice 104
Julian NEED SOME HELP: Muscle And Tendon Aches Since Peating Diet 4
Lenny Need Help Taking DHEA/PREG And Searching This Forum! Ask For Help or Advice 16
boris Need Help For A Kid Getting Chemotherapy For Burkitt's Lymphoma / Cancer Ask For Help or Advice 23
I Need Help: Irritable And Grouchy Ask For Help or Advice 18
N Hypothyroidism, Adrenaline. I Really NEED HELP :( Ask For Help or Advice 38
A Adrenal Insufficiency, Bowel Problems, Need Help Ask For Help or Advice 8