Hypothyroidism, Adrenaline. I Really NEED HELP :(

Barbarossa

Hello Iam 26 (male) living in Germany,

I have hypothyroidism and some anxiety problems (can’t drive a car, or can’t go out for meeting people or friends) ,If I want to drive I am getting so much adrenaline like feeling that I must turn back and go home.

Every day in the middays I get heart palpitations and Adrena lin like feelings for some hours . I take every morning 125 mcg Thyroxine.

I have problems to relax because my mind is overactive and my brain gets easily dumb and buzzing.

I think It could be high serotonin due to hypothyroidism.

I didn’t visit my university for 2 years now...

I can’t concentrate myself on tasks and or university stuff.

The biggest problem is the anxiety which’s comes at stressful events like driving and concentrating. Could I try upping my dosage of thyroid? Should I try Cypro ? What can I do something else? What you guys think ?

I have the feeling to control my breathing because other whilst I think that I will pass out. Or sometimes I can’t laugh like a normal, because I am getting dizziness and breathlessness. Summary: has my Autonomic nervous system a failure?

I take Lthyroxin, Pregnenolone, Dhea , Aspirin, vitamin d3, k2 mk4, Magnesiumcitrate, sometimes b vitamins , selenium, copper gluconate, ltheanine, l taurine...

Mirtazapine 15 mg, sometimes Promethazin 20mg for anxiety (antihistaminkum)

I need help..thanks for answers and help..

lampofred

I would stop all the vitamins and supplements. DHEA and copper will increase anxiety if the hormonal environment isn't good. Pregnenolone also but to a milder extent. Thyroxine will also have paradoxically antithyroid effects in a bad hormonal environment.

How many carbs do you eat daily? How much protein do you get? What are your temperatures and pulse at waking and what are they during the afternoon after you have eaten? How much calcium do you get daily?

Arctic Fire

It will be easier for us to help if you also tell us about your diet and lifestyle (sleep, exercise, etc.).

OP
Barbarossa

Barbarossa

I would stop all the vitamins and supplements. DHEA and copper will increase anxiety if the hormonal environment isn't good. Pregnenolone also but to a milder extent. Thyroxine will also have paradoxically antithyroid effects in a bad hormonal environment.

How many carbs do you eat daily? How much protein do you get? What are your temperatures and pulse at waking and what are they during the afternoon after you have eaten? How much calcium do you get daily?

I don’t measure my carbs and proteins, sorry. My temperature is 36,2 Celsius, pulse i think 75 , but after eating it rises 85-90. for calcium i eat yoghurt(self made), milk ...

Last edited:
OP
Barbarossa

Barbarossa

It will be easier for us to help if you also tell us about your diet and lifestyle (sleep, exercise, etc.).

My sleep is very bad, I cant fall asleep easily, i sleep at 3am I am not getting tired.... I can’t do sports because I get adrenaline and my heart will racing too high. I think exercise in a stress situation is not good vor the body, I’ Ve played soccer for 20 years after those problems I quit it.

@Nuri55 Can you write down what you eat is typical in a day of yours.
Product,approx amount, how often etcetc.
Your condition,when did it start,got it better with thyroid,
any side-effects.

Last edited:

rob

@Nuri55 Did you have a hormone panel done that prompted the preg and DHEA supplementation? And what doses are you taking?

Reason ask, could simply be preg converting to sulfate form, which is excitory and anxiety provoking.

Last edited:
OP
Barbarossa

Barbarossa

@Nuri55 Did you have a hormone panel done that prompted the preg and DHEA supplementation? And what doses are you taking?

Reason ask, could simply be preg converting to sulphate form, which is excitory and anxiety provoking.

Iam taking 4-5 mg DHEA , Pregnenolon 10mg , I take physiological doses

Tarmander

I would cut those supplements out like mentioned, lower the thyroid.

If you are experiencing such bad anxiety, pushing on the accelerator doesn't seem prudent.

lampofred

I don’t measure my carbs and proteins, sorry. My temperature is 36,2 Celsius, pulse i think 75 , but after eating it rises 85-90. for calcium i eat yoghurt(self made), milk ...

That is a pretty low temperature and yogurt is high in lactic acid. I think it's very likely that excess lactic acid (both from endogenous production and external sources like yogurt) is playing a part in your symptoms because lactic acid wastes glucose and increases cortisol, which raises serotonin and increases anxiety, which further increases lactic acid in a vicious circle. A low temperature is a cause of excess lactic acid production because adequate heat is necessary to turn off nitric oxide production, increase CO2, and turn on oxidative metabolism. Do you think you could try NDT or some T3 to raise temps instead of thyroxin?

rob

Yeah, as Tarmander said.

You have to be careful with dosing on the hormone front. 10mg of preg. can easily be too much for some people.

Worth getting levels checked beforehand to see where you’re at.

Edit: In meantime, you could stick with the l-theanine and try switching in magnesium glycinate for citrate. The rest I would drop and try reintroducing one at a time if need be.

Last edited:

lampofred

Even 1 mg DHEA noticeably turns into estrogen for me on days that my temps/pulse are low.

OP
Barbarossa

Barbarossa

Can you write down what you eat is typical in a day of yours.
Product,approx amount, how often etcetc.
Your condition,when did it start,got it better with thyroid,
any side-effects.
I eat Milk, yoghurt, Che
I would cut those supplements out like mentioned, lower the thyroid.

If you are experiencing such bad anxiety, pushing on the accelerator doesn't seem prudent.

I feel good with thyroid, why I should lower it?

sweetpeat

You could try experimenting with manipulating your thyroid dose. Like splitting and taking half in the morning and half in the evening. I know it's said that you can take all of t4 at once, but for me personally I find I feel better if I split the dose. Especially anything over 75mcg.

thomas00

I take Lthyroxin,

yeah, you need to stop doing that for a start

have you read what Ray has written about t4-only approaches?

The thyroid gland, which normally produces some T3, will decrease its production in the presence of increased thyroxine. Therefore, thyroxine often acts as a "thyroid anti-hormone," especially in women. When thyroxine was tested in healthy young male medical students, it seemed to function "just like the thyroid hormone," but in people who are seriously hypothyroid, it can suppress their oxidative metabolism even more. It's a very common, but very serious, mistake to call thyroxine "the thyroid hormone."
http://www.thyroid-info.com/articles/ray-peat.htm

you need a combination t3&t4 pill or t3 only if you are going to take thyroid

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals