Cortinon+ or other sups trash my liver function (I think)

P

Peatness

Tyronene - I put about three drops on my arm and am a bit inconsistent with this but if my heart starts beating out my chest this is what I turn to. That and asprin. I am probably using this all wrong. Sometimes a drop of Tyromix in evening.
3 Drops of tyronene is about 24mcg of t3. That is a lot of t3 at once.

GodsHound

You are taking quite a lot supps, just one exepient can cause the symptoms you described if taken orally. But I guess you’d know the offending supplement if you’ve determined by elimination…

Mauritio

+1

Low dose doxycycline, i.e., 10mg, is enough to encourage/re-start my troubled breathing in the morning when I wake up. I never noticed effects from a full cap (100mg).
Interesting. I have yet to try low dose doxy.
Low dose aspirin is also interesting, like 10mg.

OP
M

Mazzle

3 Drops of tyronene is about 24mcg of t3. That is a lot of t3 at once.
It calms my racing heart. I could take another three drops in the afternoon and again in evening and not feel 'wired on it' In fact I switched from NDT to Tyronene as it was more effective.

This article explains some genetic implications.

DIO1 and DIO2 Gene Defects and Testing Them for Thyroid Patients with Suspected T4 to T3 Conversion Issues - Paul Robinson Thyroid

Extracts

'The D1 and D2 deiodinase enzymes are produced in our cells to enable the conversion of FT4 to FT3 to occur within our cells.​

However, some thyroid patients have gene defects that can mean the quality of the D1 or D2 (or both) enzymes can be impaired. The genes involved in producing the D1 and D2 enzymes are referred to as DIO1 and DIO2.​

The bottom line is that those people with one or more of these genetic defects may have impaired ability to convert from T4 to T3. This means they may have little or no impaired conversion, some impaired conversion or very severely impaired conversion. Even in the most severe cases there is still an ability to convert some T4 to T3, but it might be that too little T3 is produced and too much reverse T3 is created as a result......'

It goes on and on - my brain capacity was so crapped out when I discovered this I could barely make sense of it. I need to go back and try and understand it better..
Any how, it goes on....

'DIO1 has two known SNPs that can have mutations and cause problems.
These are referred to as “rs2235544” and “rs11206244”:
  • For the DIO1 “rs2235544” SNP: the ‘C’ (or ‘G’) allele can boost the expression of DIO1 and can be associated with higher T3 levels. The ‘T’ (or ‘A’) allele is the risk allele; it can reduce T4 to T3 conversion and raise rT3 when active.
  • For the DIO1 “rs11206244” SNP: the normal allele (normal, no defect) is ‘C’ (or ‘G’). The ‘T’ (or ‘A’) allele is the risk allele; it can reduce T4 to T3 conversion and raise rT3 when active.
  • DIO2 has one known SNP that can have mutations and cause problems.
    This is referred to as “rs225014” (and also as the “Thr92Ala-DIO2 polymorphism”), The normal/wild-type allele (no defect) is ‘T’ (or ‘A’). The ‘C’ (or ‘G’) allele is the mutation (risk allele); it can reduce T4 to T3 conversion and raise rT3 when active. '

My 23andMe genotype results are at the end of these grids

DIO1 rs2235544
Build 37 54375570 A or C A / A
Build 38 53909897 A or C A / A

DIO1 rs11206244
Build 37 54375701 C or T C / T
Build 38 53910028 C or T C / T

DIO2 rs225014
Build 37 80669580 C or T not genotyped
Build 38 80203237 C or T not genotyped

It looks like I lucked out on the rs2235544 and am half out of luck on the rs11206244 This might explain my capacity for three drops of Tyronene.
Despite taking the Tyronene in what you regard as high doses, I have never noticed any super high metabolism benefits such as weight loss.

P

Peatness

I understand this issue, Peat has mentioned the conversion issues too. If you liver can handle a large dose of t3 at once that's fine go ahead.

Korven

This is bizarre. During my lowest years i was increasingly intolerant of spending anytime outside, in particular in the sun. Absolutely not like me historically. I just physically couldn’t be outside and would go weeks never seeing daylight. Since things have improved slightly I am able to spend more time outside and actually feel benefit from it. However, another sup that just doesn’t sit well with me is Vit D which I thought I should take given my sunlight aversion. I always feel wrong after taking it. I’m absolutely going to try this. How long did you do it for? Thank you. This really chimes.

Yeah not being able to tolerate sunlight seems to correlate with poor health. I have also had this experience of feeling worse after being out in the sun. It makes sense because sunshine is a stressor and only a healthy, robust organism will benefit from the increase in metabolism.

This is just my opinion (and I'm probably wrong) but the supplemental vitamin D stuff seems to me like putting the cart before the horse. Healthy persons have healthy vitamin D levels. Sick persons have "sick" vitamin D levels. Will taking vitamin D make a sick person healthy again? Didn't work for me. I think the best way to raise vitamin D levels is becoming healthy.

I did the hot water + beef protocol pretty strictly for a few months. I feel like it was tremendously beneficial for my health, likely due to the increased detoxification and better bile flow = more robust digestion and healthier gut. If you have some spare time I would recommend reading this book from the 1800's: https://justmeat.co/docs/what-must-i-do-to-get-well-by-elma-stuart.pdf. It explains rationale behind the hot water drinking and beef protocol.

Korven

I should mention that I didn't eat a strictly carnivorous diet but included some 'safe carbs' for sleep, mood, etc.

OP
M

Mazzle

Yeah not being able to tolerate sunlight seems to correlate with poor health. I have also had this experience of feeling worse after being out in the sun. It makes sense because sunshine is a stressor and only a healthy, robust organism will benefit from the increase in metabolism.

This is just my opinion (and I'm probably wrong) but the supplemental vitamin D stuff seems to me like putting the cart before the horse. Healthy persons have healthy vitamin D levels. Sick persons have "sick" vitamin D levels. Will taking vitamin D make a sick person healthy again? Didn't work for me. I think the best way to raise vitamin D levels is becoming healthy.

I did the hot water + beef protocol pretty strictly for a few months. I feel like it was tremendously beneficial for my health, likely due to the increased detoxification and better bile flow = more robust digestion and healthier gut. If you have some spare time I would recommend reading this book from the 1800's: https://justmeat.co/docs/what-must-i-do-to-get-well-by-elma-stuart.pdf. It explains rationale behind the hot water drinking and beef protocol.
Amazing book - have skimmed through some of it. Initial thoughts are that it reminds me of the GAPS diet. Hot water is my new favourite drink. So thirst quenching! Thank you

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals