Looking for help with PFS

Unknownuser

Aggression could be excess dopamine, cortisol, or adrenaline.

The point with T3 is to lower TSH below 1, lower prolactin, cortisol, and increase DHT. It doesn't make me feel aggressive, it makes me feel mentally clear, calm, and alert. T3 needs time to work, you don't just take it for a day or two. It initially spiked my appetite, but that has normalized.

What other supplements did you start taking?

I am on 150mg TRT a week for 10 weeks. Without any effect so far besides muscle growth.

I take 5g creatine for a week because I read it supports the methylation cycle. 250mg Citicholine. An b complex (b minus from seeking health) to support choline. Took selenium yesterday after a long time. Took 100mg iron after a long time. Injected 1ml hydroxocobalamine b12 after a while. Took 400mcg folinic acid. Took 25mg p5p at the morning instead of usually before sleep.

Turpentine to kill parasites for a week but will take a brake.

OK yeah, this study says 200 mg is the top, so I guess I'll take that split into two doses. I don't plan on taking it for a very long time. Maybe a week tops, just to see if lowering prolactin actually impacts any of my symptoms in a meaningful way.
Just dont forget b6 and p5p is not the same. P5p is already converted b6 that's why it can be toxic. 50mg is already a high dose.

Very sleepy after the 2nd dose of B6 every day. Any explanation on the potential mechanism? I'm tapering down, currently at 150 mg / day.

So this is my 6th day of taking B6, started at 200 mg and tapering down by 15 mg every day, currently at 105 mg.

My bloating and estrogen issues got way worse, I don't know the mechanism but somehow I end up with even more E2.
I did not feel absolutely any positive effects on motivation whatsoever, only severe sleepiness at doses above 150 mg.

I felt like the estrogen issues were extremely out of control (I normally have this problem since PFS but it's been getting out of hand lately) as I was disgustingly bloated so I added back the iodine at 25 and vitamin E at 100 mg per day. My gut is now finally feeling lighter and more normal, water retention is reducing, and only now, finally, do I feel an increase in dopamine activity. How do I know? Music sounds better, I am more upbeat and want to take a BMW M5 through town at very illegal speeds.

This only started working once I controlled my E2. This is probably why my HCG progress is so slow. If any of these therapies result in runaway estrogen so high that you walking around like you're pregnant and can't sit down comfortably due to how bloated you are, you can be damn sure that all that E2 is suppressing your 5-AR and T and there is no way for those enzymes to recover. I think this is why HCG-mono is just not a good idea for some people, if you are a naturally high aromatiser like me you HAVE to control estrogen or otherwise you won't get anywhere...

Unknownuser

Usually I never have estrogen issues. But when I did Joekools HCG protocol, damn I had pretty bad estrogen problems. I was heavily bloated like never before in my life. My hair dresser asked me why my face and eyes look so swollen. And I am very skinny.

Actually B6 is pro Dopamine. I would bet its the HCG that makes you feel like this. But still, if you take p5p, even 105mg is too much. Even people with pyroluria take maximum 25-50mg a day. They have to start at very low doses like 5mg because it can cause heavy mental issues (if you have pyroluria).

OP
E

edoos

I found that supplement who seems interesting for cognitive and anxiety issues that I have. Calm

I also heard elsewhere on a podcast that sodium butyrate helps, but I don't really understand the mechanism and what it does? Do some of you have more knowledge on it?

ChemHead

I found that supplement who seems interesting for cognitive and anxiety issues that I have. Calm

I also heard elsewhere on a podcast that sodium butyrate helps, but I don't really understand the mechanism and what it does? Do some of you have more knowledge on it?
Depending on your diet, bacteria in your gut produce butyric acid or some type of butyrate salt. It helps in maintaining the health of your gut tissues and probably acts as a signaling molecule for certain steroids and neurosteroids the gut needs and it probably has a calming effect because of this. I'm sure there are plenty of things I've missed, but those are a few highlights.

The bacteria in your gut make butyrate/butyric acid from breaking down dietary fiber. So, don't bother with a supplement. Just eat a diet high in fiber.

Jayvee

Elevated prolactin is bad, yes.
Which goes back to my point,

Get bloodwork.
Optimize hormones.
Feel better.
Profit.

Cant argue with that, although I have been guilty of ignoring the obvious in the past.

I’ve had high prolactin all this time and fallen victim to thinking my issues were the exact same as all other pfs sufferers and ended up on a wild goose chase for years. Their must be 1000s of sufferers doing the same as a result of sensationalist forum threads and pfs brains not working optimally/rationally.

gord

This was my prolactin level approximately 3 months after my last finasteride pill.
Coinciding with what felt like some form of crash or worsening of my symptoms.
Massively above range.
Its since come down towards the top end of just within range now.

04773DD2-152F-47AE-8628-AC9D8B38DD79.jpeg

I think it is problematic that Finasteride can increase Prolactin by 500%, and HCG, a substance many of us are using to fight PFS, has also been reported to elevate Prolactin for a very long time in many users, and yet the prevalent opinion is that one should run HCG 'solo'. Shouldn't we at the minimum be using something like B6 to offset the Prolactin increase by HCG, in case that even works, because having this high prolactin surely isn't good and hinders the very recovery we're attempting by using HCG in the first place.

Jayvee

I think it is problematic that Finasteride can increase Prolactin by 500%, and HCG, a substance many of us are using to fight PFS, has also been reported to elevate Prolactin for a very long time in many users, and yet the prevalent opinion is that one should run HCG 'solo'. Shouldn't we at the minimum be using something like B6 to offset the Prolactin increase by HCG, in case that even works, because having this high prolactin surely isn't good and hinders the very recovery we're attempting by using HCG in the first place.

I was doing B6 and Cyproheptadine alongside HCG and that seemed to keep prolactin type symptoms ‘at bay’ but started getting other unwanted symptoms as a trade off. It became too much of a balancing act for my liking.

lowestprime

Before I say this, I'm going to preface this with the disclaimer that I can't guarantee that this is going to work. However, I have good reasons to believe that it may.

I recovered from PFS a few years ago and I am now currently recovering from it again because I (foolishly) tried to use finasteride in topical microdoses to see if I could get away with it. Instead of writing out this whole story again, I'll just give you a link to a thread I started about a possible fix for PFS. It doesn't seem like anyone actually cares much about PFS on this particular forum, but here it is:

Essentially, the treatment is to take 500 mg of pure l-dopa daily. It's also been brought to my attention that Parkinson sufferers now supplement with thiamine in order to attenuate possible toxicity due the metabolism of dopamine and noradrenaline into aldehydes before elimination. It seems that thiamine is used in one of the steps of dopamine metabolism and this can cause it levels to become depleted. So, it's probably a good idea to supplement with thiamine.

Anyway, there may be some details left out. If you have any questions, just let me know.
I can confirm L-dopa 100% works for me at least (must have had the exact same version of PFS as ChemHead)!
It restored my sensitivity to proandrogenic herbal supplements like Cistanche, Tribulus and Tongkat Ali. The final fix however to get to back to my prefin baseline (based on my bloodwork), involved increasing my estrogen production/signaling/sensitivity with soy isoflavones and pregnenolone.
I wrote extensively about my gradual recovery over several months on propeciahelp under the same username:

Mister

I can confirm L-dopa 100% works for me at least (must have had the exact same version of PFS as ChemHead)!
It restored my sensitivity to proandrogenic herbal supplements like Cistanche, Tribulus and Tongkat Ali. The final fix however to get to back to my prefin baseline (based on my bloodwork), involved increasing my estrogen production/signaling/sensitivity with soy isoflavones and pregnenolone.
I wrote extensively about my gradual recovery over several months on propeciahelp under the same username:
Good to read.

How's your libido now? Are you completely recovered?

You considering proviron?

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals