Hair loss, hypothyroid still I think but I am having high anxiety and stress on thyroid. What's going on?

Jonk

I'm actually gassy from it.... Don't know how big of a deal this is or what it means...
I saw in one of your other posts that you had high bilirubin and high albumin. I had that too. Probably just a coincidence but I've concluded having a sluggish liver myself, and in my humble experience it's primarily from endotoxin because of weak digestion/irritated intestines. The only thing that made me feel normal was when I made myself have a big bowel movement. Not that it's sustainable to induce bowel movements regularly with various compounds, but I did learn something from it. Restrictive diets are a bit frowned upon here but I see a lot of people eating a "perfect" Peaty diet and feeling like crap. My hypothesis, and what seems have worked the best for me, is to stop caring about micronutrients for awhile, eating things that feels the best and less burdensome, while doing my best to eat as many calories as possible. For a few months now I've eaten mostly starches with some coconut oil, some cooked veggies and drinking coke. Basically high carbs, low fat and low-ish protein. I already knew that dairy and grains messed me up, but now recently I found out that even gelatinous meats did as well.

...So yesterday I had some beef liver and today some ice-cream and so far it seems to work fine, that's after a few days of vitamin D supplementation which I never could handle before. Maybe I'm rambling but my point is that when in a low energy-state with weak/permeable intestines, there's a lot of possible allergens/irritants and while they're present it's very hard putting stuff on top of it that will work. Again, this is just my own hypothesis and n=1 so to say.

Edit: With grains I mean wheat. I do fine on rice, corn and moderate amounts of sourdough bread.

Last edited:
OP
dervmai

dervmai

progress
I saw in one of your other posts that you had high bilirubin and high albumin. I had that too. Probably just a coincidence but I've concluded having a sluggish liver myself, and in my humble experience it's primarily from endotoxin because of weak digestion/irritated intestines. The only thing that made me feel normal was when I made myself have a big bowel movement. Not that it's sustainable to induce bowel movements regularly with various compounds, but I did learn something from it. Restrictive diets are a bit frowned upon here but I see a lot of people eating a "perfect" Peaty diet and feeling like crap. My hypothesis, and what seems have worked the best for me, is to stop caring about micronutrients for awhile, eating things that feels the best and less burdensome, while doing my best to eat as many calories as possible. For a few months now I've eaten mostly starches with some coconut oil, some cooked veggies and drinking coke. Basically high carbs, low fat and low-ish protein. I already knew that dairy and grains messed me up, but now recently I found out that even gelatinous meats did as well.

...So yesterday I had some beef liver and today some ice-cream and so far it seems to work fine, that's after a few days of vitamin D supplementation which I never could handle before. Maybe I'm rambling but my point is that when in a low energy-state with weak/permeable intestines, there's a lot of possible allergens/irritants and while they're present it's very hard putting stuff on top of it that will work. Again, this is just my own hypothesis and n=1 so to say.

Edit: With grains I mean wheat. I do fine on rice, corn and moderate amounts of sourdough bread.
See this is what sucks, grains and starches constipate me.... I am literally eating just beef milk and fruits and I am still kind of constipated... on a whole grain of thyroid too.

peter88

See this is what sucks, grains and starches constipate me.... I am literally eating just beef milk and fruits and I am still kind of constipated... on a whole grain of thyroid too.
1 grain of thyroid really isn’t much especially if you are chronically hypothyroid.

OP
dervmai

dervmai

progress
I don't know nearly about your life and situation to even push the small possibilities off the table. So I really don't know what to say in terms of root canals causing your issues. It could do.
It's an actual infection though, my jaw and tooth aches. My body is trying to fight the infection. My lymph nodes swell occasionally. I have bad sinus issues right now. I read that the infection causes a weakening of the guts ability to fight off unwanted bacteria, and that it causes system wide inflammation.
But high cholesterol inst really indicative of chronic bacterial infections most of the time. It's more synonymous with the liver over working itself, as well as some disruption between the thyroid and liver.

My cholesterol on carnivore was incredibly high. I also had high adrenaline. On keto my skin was very yellow. All liver problems caused by chronic stress (no sugar in my diet)

Ray peat even talked about some prisoner having panic attacks because he didn't get enough protein and when he upped his protein the panic attacks disappeared.

So all of this is most likely something is liver is desperately needing but lacking, so it resorts to stripping it from else where(hence the stress)
What do you recommend for someone intolerant to starches?

PeterSN

It's an actual infection though, my jaw and tooth aches. My body is trying to fight the infection. My lymph nodes swell occasionally. I have bad sinus issues right now. I read that the infection causes a weakening of the guts ability to fight off unwanted bacteria, and that it causes system wide inflammation.

What do you recommend for someone intolerant to starches?
if you go onto my profile you can see what diet im eating. Its got no starch in it

Jonk

My point though was not that starches are better, simply that they are what worked for me. Maybe that's just me, but for the longest time I would suppress my own cravings, for instance instead of eating well salted potatoes I drank orange juice for calories. Really stupid I know but even with a Ray Peat inspired diet it's easy to become dogmatic and avoiding making intuitive changes.

I think it's also relevant to mention that Derv is taking Dutasteride, which could cause unexpected hormonal effects in the brain and other parts of the body
Also this. Same concept as with the food, stopping things that might be detrimental before adding things. I think even excipients like microcrystalline cellulose can have really detrimental effects.

I don't know anything about dutasteride but see for instance this thread:

peter88

for instance instead of eating well salted potatoes I drank orange juice for calories. Really stupid I know but even with a Ray Peat inspired diet it's easy to become dogmatic and avoiding making intuitive changes.
I agree. I kept drinking OJ even though I was giving me diarrhea and poor sleep. I was craving salt snacks 24/7 but kept drinking OJ for carbs even though it was making me freezing cold. Switch to well boiled, buttered potatoes and local unpasteurized apple cider. Best decision I’ve made.

Pablo Cruise

Very confused. But I'll try to explain what I think is going on based on some labs and just facts about my health.

I think I have hyperadrenalism. My DHEA-S levels were very high. I think this is due to my cortisol being chronically high. I am hypothyroid still, my temps are low still. My pulse has gone up which is concerning since my temps are still low. I think this could be caused by elevated estrogen... my serum estrogen and prolactin were low but I was made aware that this could actually mean my tissue levels are high.

I think what I need to do is this--- lower cortisol, lower PTH, lower adrenaline, lower DHEA-S, lower estrogen..... increase thyroid function, improve gut strength, improve liver function......

I'm just confused how to go about this....

I take these supplements--- Cynoplus (1/2 a tablet), cyprohep 1-2 mg, vit b1, I just started progesterone and aspirin in an attempt to lower cortisol and inflammation and estrogen....

Any ideas on what I should do?
Yes, go to an endocrinologist then you won't think what you might have.

OP
dervmai

dervmai

progress
if you go onto my profile you can see what diet im eating. Its got no starch in it
Hmm I eat very similarly to you without having realized why you eat that way(for liver health). I based it off of intuition and my biomarkers. You also have liver issues right? Very interesting that intuitively I started a diet good for the liver, which I think further supports the theory that this is a liver issue.

I'm eating a high fruit, grass fed meat, low fat and zero starch diet already. With dairy. Very weird that I came to this type of diet based on biomarkers such as constipation, skin itchiness etc...

I'll try ox bile. I also am considering dropping t4 and going back to a t3 only regimen, thinking I will be constipated again, so I'll def try out the ox bile. Do you have any opinions on dropping t4 in my situation? Very interested in your opinion.

PeterSN

Hmm I eat very similarly to you without having realized why you eat that way(for liver health). I based it off of intuition and my biomarkers. You also have liver issues right? Very interesting that intuitively I started a diet good for the liver, which I think further supports the theory that this is a liver issue.

I'm eating a high fruit, grass fed meat, low fat and zero starch diet already. With dairy. Very weird that I came to this type of diet based on biomarkers such as constipation, skin itchiness etc...

I'll try ox bile. I also am considering dropping t4 and going back to a t3 only regimen, thinking I will be constipated again, so I'll def try out the ox bile. Do you have any opinions on dropping t4 in my situation? Very interested in your opinion.
Well Danny Roddy has said that taking t4 on its own should never be done. He also said it can cause liver fibrosis in suceptable individuals. As for t3 i think from a liver stand point its probably much safer, but there are probably risks and benefits to both depending on which part of the body you re looking at.

OP
dervmai

dervmai

progress
Well Danny Roddy has said that taking t4 on its own should never be done. He also said it can cause liver fibrosis in suceptable individuals. As for t3 i think from a liver stand point its probably much safer, but there are probably risks and benefits to both depending on which part of the body you re looking at.
I was taking cynoplus which has both t4 and t3 at a 4:1 ratio.

PeterSN

Ray Peat Quotes:

'Yeah, it generally regrows and is adequate, but the T4 will tend to keep it suppressed and that's okay if your liver is able to turn the T4 to T3. The reason the glandular or the balanced thyroid supplement is better is that so many people have poor liver efficiency and you have to have your blood sugar steady to convert thyroxine T4 into the active T3 hormone.'

OP
dervmai

dervmai

progress
Ray Peat Quotes:

'Yeah, it generally regrows and is adequate, but the T4 will tend to keep it suppressed and that's okay if your liver is able to turn the T4 to T3. The reason the glandular or the balanced thyroid supplement is better is that so many people have poor liver efficiency and you have to have your blood sugar steady to convert thyroxine T4 into the active T3 hormone.'
What is he referring to when talking about balanced thyroid supplementation? Does it mean a more balanced ratio? Like 1:1 of t4 to t3? Also I thought glandular was NDT? Which the average ratio is 4:1 isn't it?

PeterSN

What is he referring to when talking about balanced thyroid supplementation? Does it mean a more balanced ratio? Like 1:1 of t4 to t3? Also I thought glandular was NDT? Which the average ratio is 4:1 isn't it?
yeah i think he was talking about more t3 in relation to t4 being better for the liver. Thats probably why he recommended NDT as more favourable compared to the standard thyroid treatment, which is only t4

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals