There Are Several Problems On My Hormone Levels

Astolfo

Hello to all. I took the results of my hormone tests today.

Free T3: 4,72
Free T4: 0,78
TSH: 2,64
Anti M: 0,4
LH: 2,77
FSH: 4,91
Estradiol: 42
Progesterone: 0,52
Total Test: 5,91
DHEA-S: 332
Prolactin: 9,63
Vitamin B12: 502
Cortisol: 8,72
Folate: 7,98

(Age: 16 Sex: Male)

I think some of them are far from my optimal values.

Free T4 is low.
TSH is slightly high (0,5-2,5)
Idk anthing about Anti M. But its reference values are 0,0-9,0
LH is slightly low (1,24-8,62)
FSH is low (1,27-19,26)
Estradiol nearly is on the upper limit (20-47)
Prolactin is high (2,63-13,13)
Cortisol is on the lower limit (8,7-22,4)

My shgb and ammonia results haven't come yet...

And there is a list of my symptoms:

- All of them : Signs/symptoms of high GABA and the top 12 supplements to lower it
-Excessive sleepiness
-Cognitive impairment (Very, very much)
-İmpairment on visuoperception (I can barely see what I’m looking. I stopped to read some forums as I can’t read any text)
-İmpairment on fine motor skills. (I was able to type 10 finger before. Now I’m can barely type one word.)
- All of the issues of estrogen doninance (joint pain, muscle weakness, body shape chances, fat on belly, low libido, men boobs?!)
- Inability to taste
- Random tremor
- Gut problems.
- Additionaly to these bad side effects, my excessive anxiety completely gone. Completely...

All of these symptoms are worsened and still worsening. Since 10 months. Some factors like masturbating are accelerating this.

What can I do now?

Thanks for all of your answers...

TeaRex14

It's really hard to say man. At your age though you should be able to bounce back relatively quickly. Prolactin elevation could be from masturbation, I would consider nofap for at least a week and see how you feel. Eating cholesterol rich foods and plenty of sugar will also help. Get plenty of sunlight and/or red light. Also, even though I'm against taking supplements for someone at only 16, you might benefit from a small dose of pregnenolone.

OP
A

Astolfo

It's really hard to say man. At your age though you should be able to bounce back relatively quickly. Prolactin elevation could be from masturbation, I would consider nofap for at least a week and see how you feel. Eating cholesterol rich foods and plenty of sugar will also help. Get plenty of sunlight and/or red light. Also, even though I'm against taking supplements for someone at only 16, you might benefit from a small dose of pregnenolone.
Thanks. If you read my symptoms, you have to know the fact that I'm literally in a hell now. I have probably the more serious form of PSSD. All of these started right after short term AD treatment and are worsening since. I'm on the 1 year of this hell.

If anyone don't really want to handle something, I just want the results for the my second paragraph.
How can I safely increase FT4?
" " " " decrease prolactin?
" " " " decrease estradiol?
" " " " increase cortisol?...

OP
A

Astolfo

I won’t hide it. It’s my last hope to back to normal myself and heal my heavily damaged brain. Before I kill myself, I want to try somethings. This time, at least I have some concrete results. The only thing I can do for now is fixing my hormones and for this, I came here. I’m asking for a help. But I’m disappointed. Let’s call me as mad. But before, please open and read my symptom list. I don’t have anything more to say.

baccheion

Do you eat well? What types of food do you eat? How much sleep do you get? Are you taking any supplements?

A multivitamin, D + K, and (chelated/TRAACS) magnesium supplement are about all that should be taken while developing. And maybe alpha-GPC + acetyl L-carnitine if necessary.

Avoid exceeding 50 ng/mL 25(OH)D until after puberty. That is, 40-50 ng/mL is one good range. Dose calculator: Online calculator for a correct vitamin D dosage | Vitamin D Service.

Iodine protocol (with 100 mg Lugol's) can be followed at any age. Optimox's website talks about recommended tests and doing it under doctor supervision.

Last edited:

Cirion

I actually can kind of relate at your age, probably different background, but I also had horrible hormones at your age to the point of severe depression almost suicidal at times.

What I did wrong at that age and would have changed (May or may not apply to you)

- Horrible diet. Would have needed to apply Peat's principles to keep body temp and pulse up, saturated fats, sugars (from fruit), salt etc. Of most importance is real food, not junk food. This includes getting sufficient calories, and a still growing person needs a LOT of food. Looking back I think I was at a calorie deficit most days and that does not help your mood.
- Horrible sleep. Stayed up way too late, often didn't get enough sleep. Would have forced myself to get more regular sleep and more sleep period.
- Too much EMF exposure. I didn't learn about the dangers of EMF for a long time. But it's a big major deal imo.
- Too much masturbation. This definitely does matter. Nofap will help a lot with prolactin levels.
- Too much video gaming. Too much of this can easily cause excessive cortisol
- Obsessing way too much over grades in school. This was a major stressor for me. Sure, study and whatnot but don't sweat it too much.
- Not enough time in sunlight / nature

Last edited:
OP
A

Astolfo

Have you had liver tested?

My AST and ALT came normal.

AST: 13
ALT: 14

Do you eat well? What types of food do you eat? How much sleep do you get? Are you taking any supplements?

A multivitamin, D + K, and (chelated/TRAACS) magnesium supplement are about all that should be taken while developing. And maybe alpha-GPC + acetyl L-carnitine if necessary.

Avoid exceeding 50 ng/mL 25(OH)D until after puberty. That is, 40-50 ng/mL is one good range. Dose calculator: Online calculator for a correct vitamin D dosage | Vitamin D Service.

Iodine protocol (with 100 mg Lugol's) can be followed at any age. Optimox's website talks about recommended tests and doing it under doctor supervision.

My eating habit is quite healthy. And I'm sleeping enough(8-9 hours).
I had used vit D, magnesium etc but they didn't worked for my disease. I just want to say that these symptoms are not because that I'm unhealthy. They suddenly appeared just after my short term antidepressant usage and are gradually worsened since now.

We need more about lifestyle, food intakes (caloric and nutrition) and activity/sleep levels to give quality input here

I have pretty average sleep and food habit. But as I said, all these symptoms appeared right after AD usage.

I actually can kind of relate at your age, probably different background, but I also had horrible hormones at your age to the point of severe depression almost suicidal at times.

What I did wrong at that age and would have changed (May or may not apply to you)

- Horrible diet. Would have needed to apply Peat's principles to keep body temp and pulse up, saturated fats, sugars (from fruit), salt etc. Of most importance is real food, not junk food. This includes getting sufficient calories, and a still growing person needs a LOT of food. Looking back I think I was at a calorie deficit most days and that does not help your mood.
- Horrible sleep. Stayed up way too late, often didn't get enough sleep. Would have forced myself to get more regular sleep and more sleep period.
- Too much EMF exposure. I didn't learn about the dangers of EMF for a long time. But it's a big major deal imo.
- Too much masturbation. This definitely does matter. Nofap will help a lot with prolactin levels.
- Too much video gaming. Too much of this can easily cause excessive cortisol
- Obsessing way too much over grades in school. This was a major stressor for me. Sure, study and whatnot but don't sweat it too much.
- Not enough time in sunlight / nature

Believe me, I know all of these. And I don't have any problem with my health. I think this just a metabolic or neurosteroidic crash I'm living now. And I want to fix my hormones for now.

ilikecats

@Astolfo what anti depressant drug were you on? Viewing you problem more holistically is the most soundly scientific way to address this. This substance pushed your physiology (including neurotransmitters) in the wrong direction and now you have to find a way to push it back. Theres no pill thats gonna do that for you unfortunately. But everything that supports life and suppresses the inflammatory excitatory factors should help.

ilikecats

@Astolfo bright red light is probably the most helpful thing for you and anyone else dealing with any health issues (or neurological issues- they're the same thing, the later is just a subset of the former). Id recommend a set up of 130v clear light bulbs. At least 1000 w total in your living space.

OP
A

Astolfo

@Astolfo what anti depressant drug were you on? Viewing you problem more holistically is the most soundly scientific way to address this. This substance pushed your physiology (including neurotransmitters) in the wrong direction and now you have to find a way to push it back. Theres no pill thats gonna do that for you unfortunately. But everything that supports life and suppresses the inflammatory excitatory factors should help.

Prozac.
Yeah, I’m reading articles on pubmed since 1 year. I concluded that the fixing hormonel issues should be my first action.

I typed what I think is wrong and I’m wanting help to fix them in a way as safe as possible.

ilikecats

@Astolfo the most effective way to alter hormones (push them in the right direction) wouldn't be to focus on hormonal supplementation but it would be to focus on larger environmental things. Providing yourself with bright light is one of the best things you can do for your hormones. It lowers inflammation and serotonin and increases dopamine. This would also be the safest method.

ilikecats

@Astolfo I was on prozac too it sucks hard. You seem to be particularly sensitive to its detrimental effects but their are a lot of horror stories out there so you aren't alone. But theres a lot of recovery stories also.... particularly recovery stories from people who don't have access to ray peats profound ideas on human physiology. Im sure you can make a full recovery but its not gonna be easy.

Last edited:

baccheion

My AST and ALT came normal.

AST: 13
ALT: 14

My eating habit is quite healthy. And I'm sleeping enough(8-9 hours).
I had used vit D, magnesium etc but they didn't worked for my disease. I just want to say that these symptoms are not because that I'm unhealthy. They suddenly appeared just after my short term antidepressant usage and are gradually worsened since now.

I have pretty average sleep and food habit. But as I said, all these symptoms appeared right after AD usage.

Believe me, I know all of these. And I don't have any problem with my health. I think this just a metabolic or neurosteroidic crash I'm living now. And I want to fix my hormones for now.
What I mentioned are basic supplements you should be taking either way. It sounds like the HPA axis shutdown and needs to be jump started. Are there signs of low dopamine or low dopamine in the hypothalamus?

What are your results on the second part (deficiencies) of the following quiz: https://www.bravermantest.com?

OP
A

Astolfo

@Astolfo I was on prozac too it sucks hard. You seem to be particularly sensitive to its detrimental effects but their are a lot of horror stories out there so you aren't alone. But theres a lot of recovery stories also.... particularly recovery stories from people who don't have access to ray peats profound ideas on human physiology. Im sure you can make a full recovery but its not gonna be easy.

Yeah. I'm very lucky to find this forum.

The worst thing is I'm not going to the good way. I'm gradually worsening. It's w o r s e n i n g :hurting:

What I mentioned are basic supplements you should be taking either way. It sounds like the HPA axis shutdown and needs to be jump started. Are there signs of low dopamine or low dopamine in the hypothalamus?

What are your results on the second part (deficiencies) of the following quiz: https://www.bravermantest.com?

Yes, definitely. Even, my symptoms are worsened to a level that my body trembles even without no reason. I'm showing nearly all of the symptoms of:

- Excess GABA signalling (definitely)

- Parkinson's disease (definitely)

- Non-hepatic encephalopathy (Minimum hepatic encehpalopathy) (definitely)

- Alzheizmer disease

I'm not so sure, I'm waiting for my blood ammonia test's results to come but I saw that there is so many evidence that I have hyperammonemia. I read a lot of article and if I put everything together which I learned, there is a strong possibility to that I have a issue with my ammonia levels. But I'm hoping that it's not true. If it's true, I'm in a big ***t. And it's permanent.
Deficiency Results Summary

1B Total Number of True Responses - DOPAMINE Deficiency: 23
2B Total Number of True Responses - ACETYLCHOLINE Deficiency: 19
3B Total Number of True Responses - GABA Deficiency: 4
4B Total Number of True Responses - SEROTONIN Deficiency: 4

For now, I just want to eliminate the other possibilities like hormonel issues.

baccheion

Yeah. I'm very lucky to find this forum.

The worst thing is I'm not going to the good way. I'm gradually worsening. It's w o r s e n i n g :hurting:

Yes, definitely. Even, my symptoms are worsened to a level that my body trembles even without no reason. I'm showing nearly all of the symptoms of:

- Excess GABA signalling (definitely)

- Parkinson's disease (definitely)

- Non-hepatic encephalopathy (Minimum hepatic encehpalopathy) (definitely)

- Alzheizmer disease

I'm not so sure, I'm waiting for my blood ammonia test's results to come but I saw that there is so many evidence that I have hyperammonemia. I read a lot of article and if I put everything together which I learned, there is a strong possibility to that I have a issue with my ammonia levels. But I'm hoping that it's not true. If it's true, I'm in a big ***t. And it's permanent.

For now, I just want to eliminate the other possibilities like hormonel issues.
Maybe you only need something basic like D,L-phenylalanine to increase dopamine.

fradon

Hello to all. I took the results of my hormone tests today.

I think some of them are far from my optimal values.

Free T4 is low.
TSH is slightly high (0,5-2,5)
Idk anthing about Anti M. But its reference values are 0,0-9,0
LH is slightly low (1,24-8,62)
FSH is low (1,27-19,26)
Estradiol nearly is on the upper limit (20-47)
Prolactin is high (2,63-13,13)
Cortisol is on the lower limit (8,7-22,4)

My shgb and ammonia results haven't come yet...

And there is a list of my symptoms:

- All of them : Signs/symptoms of high GABA and the top 12 supplements to lower it
-Excessive sleepiness
-Cognitive impairment (Very, very much)
-İmpairment on visuoperception (I can barely see what I’m looking. I stopped to read some forums as I can’t read any text)
-İmpairment on fine motor skills. (I was able to type 10 finger before. Now I’m can barely type one word.)
- All of the issues of estrogen doninance (joint pain, muscle weakness, body shape chances, fat on belly, low libido, men boobs?!)
- Inability to taste
- Random tremor
- Gut problems.
- Additionaly to these bad side effects, my excessive anxiety completely gone. Completely...

All of these symptoms are worsened and still worsening. Since 10 months. Some factors like masturbating are accelerating this.

What can I do now?

Thanks for all of your answers...

you have low dopamine. your anxiety was caused by high dopamine and now you have low dopamine which causes serotonin dominance/estrogen dominace and you have LOW T.

dopamine, thryoid, and Testosterone all are part of the team that antagonizes serotonin, estrogen prolactin.

work on raising dopamine, thryoid, and T...eating more carbs like rice or just carbs in general for a while might help do this if your SHBG is high.

Back
Top Bottom