What excuse can I use to get a medical exemption to avoid chest X-rays?

Sexypizza

My job wants me to do a Chest X-ray and I really want to avoid it for obvious peatarian reasons. Unfortunately its mandatory by law to get a chest X-ray when finding work where I live. I think the reason is that they're worried about people having tuberculosis.

I'm trying to weasel out of it, but they're very determined about it, so I'm trying to get a medical exemption. Don't know what excuse I can use tho...

If worse comes to worse I suppose I could take the X-ray and load up on a lot of Aspirin, progesterone, coffee, orange juice, Vitamin K, B3 and magnesium beforehand and try to use redlight after the X-ray.

I read around the forum and I noticed that Haidut mentioned that 15mg methylene blue, 1,000mg niacinamide, 1,000mg aspirin, and 400mg caffeine are good doses to take one hour before an X-ray and that they should be taken for 3 days.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how well I can handle a dose of 400mg of Caffeine. I can barely tolerate a 120mg and it usually give me Arrhythmia (Less so if I use aspirin and progesterone with it though) and I've never used a dose of aspirin that high before. Most I've ever used was 300, so not sure how well I can tolerate 1000. Also I dont have any MB.

MrGilbert

I would look for another job. Next they'll be requiring you to take the "vaccine"...

gaze

Kuwait at the moment.
i dont think anyone here will be able to help you with that because no one probably knows the regulatory laws over there. could you get a blood test proving you dont have TB? or say that you have a thyroid problem so you've been advised to not take xrays for risk of future harm? anything like that?

OP
Sexypizza

Sexypizza

i dont think anyone here will be able to help you with that because no one probably knows the regulatory laws over there. could you get a blood test proving you dont have TB? or say that you have a thyroid problem so you've been advised to not take xrays for risk of future harm? anything like that?
Well I actually do have hypothyroidism and I do take thyroid T4 & T3 for it. I guess I could try that.

I will ask them if a blood test is a possible alternative as well. I don't know why X-ray is mandatory when you can just diagnose TB with blood tests. wtf..

I was thinking of telling them maybe that I cant do X-rays because I have a family history of cancer (I dont lol) but I'm worried they might ask for proof.

Nicky

radiation is hard on the heart, your arrhythmia should be a good enough reason to avoid it you could try that
or get the blood work done

haidut

Forum Supporter
Kuwait at the moment.

Not sure about Kuwait, but in the US there has been a blood test for tuberculosis that was approved as an alternative to chest X-rays. All immigrants to the US who had tested positive on the subcutaneous test were mandated by law to undergo a chest X-ray, but since 2011 the blood test became another option. Most doctors do not know about the blood test, and the ones that do still try to argue in favor of the chest X-ray but if the same test is approved in Kuwait, you have the right to demand it instead of getting irradiated. If the blood test is available in Kuwait and your doctor still gives you grief you can tell him/her to go get his/her had irradiated. It will prevent a lot of problems for future patients...

OP
Sexypizza

Sexypizza

radiation is hard on the heart, your arrhythmia should be a good enough reason to avoid it you could try that
or get the blood work done
That's a good excuse, Ill use that.

I actually talked to the radiologist today and told him I would like to avoid the X-ray and said because my doctor told me its bad for my hypothyroidism and my family had cancer. He said Hypothyroidism isnt a good excuse but said that if I can bring a report from the doctor he will take a look at it.

So tomorrow ill probably look around for some doctors to write me an exemption and I really hope it will get him off my case and let go without doing the X-ray or atleast I can do something else like a ultrasound maybe, Attach files

OP
Sexypizza

Sexypizza

That's a good excuse, Ill use that.

I actually talked to the radiologist today and told him I would like to avoid the X-ray and said because my doctor told me its bad for my hypothyroidism and my family had cancer. He said Hypothyroidism isnt a good excuse but said that if I can bring a report from the doctor he will take a look at it.

So tomorrow ill probably look around for some doctors to write me an exemption and I really hope it will get him off my case and let go without doing the X-ray or atleast I can do something else like a ultrasound maybe, Attach files

OP
Sexypizza

Sexypizza

Not sure about Kuwait, but in the US there has been a blood test for tuberculosis that was approved as an alternative to chest X-rays. All immigrants to the US who had tested positive on the subcutaneous test were mandated by law to undergo a chest X-ray, but since 2011 the blood test became another option. Most doctors do not know about the blood test, and the ones that do still try to argue in favor of the chest X-ray but if the same test is approved in Kuwait, you have the right to demand it instead of getting irradiated. If the blood test is available in Kuwait and your doctor still gives you grief you can tell him/her to go get his/her had irradiated. It will prevent a lot of problems for future patients...
Thanks Haidut, maybe I will get a TB blood test and show it to him and idk I hope that will convince the radiologist to piss off or something lol

Perry Staltic

The thing about the blood test, I think, is it takes a long time. Like 6 or so weeks to get a definite on multi-drug resistent TB, but less weeks on first pass. They have to culture the bacteria in petri dishes, which is a slow process.

OP
Sexypizza

Sexypizza

The thing about the blood test, I think, is it takes a long time. Like 6 or so weeks to get a definite on multi-drug resistent TB, but less weeks on first pass. They have to culture the bacteria in petri dishes, which is a slow process.
I'm ok with waiting if it means not harming my body.

S-VV

There are interferon release assays like quantiferon that are quite sensitive

supercoolguy

The Blood Test route obviously would be perfect. If that didnt work id just get a
Duplex Ultrasound and tell them....."Here you go! Yeah thats what they use" Duplex Ultrasound: "Doc said the images came out Great"

See how flexiable they are. If not From there id move on w/o them.

(Interesting, Im going for a Duplex Ultra next week)

OP
Sexypizza

Sexypizza

Update:

I went to a private doctor and told him the situation. I told him I don't want X-rays because I don't like radiation and that its because I used to have hyperthyroidism and had radioactive iodine and that didn't go so well for me and now I'm hypothyroid with arrhythmia, luckily he didn't ask for any proof. I asked him if I can do a duplex Ultrasound instead, he said that Ultrasounds are not good enough to diagnose TB and suggested MRI instead. I also asked him if he had the QuantiFERON TB blood test. Turns out he does have it, and suggested I do both an MRI and the blood test.

He called his radiologist but the radiologist said that MRI isn't necessary if I have the TB blood test because the QuantiFERON is "The gold standard" in diagnosing TB. He said the blood test is better than X-rays and even MRI's. So I did the blood test yesterday and they said the result will come back in a week. He said that Kuwait doesn't have the machines? to analyze the blood for TB here so they have to send it abroad which is why it takes a week and that's why government uses X-rays instead of blood tests for TB even though blood tests are more accurate.

So next week after I get the result the private doctor will write a report that I don't have TB and I will take it back to the government radiologist and hopefully that will convince them that X-rays are not necessary in my case. Fingers crossed.

gaze

Update:

I went to a private doctor and told him the situation. I told him I don't want X-rays because I don't like radiation and that its because I used to have hyperthyroidism and had radioactive iodine and that didn't go so well for me and now I'm hypothyroid with arrhythmia, luckily he didn't ask for any proof. I asked him if I can do a duplex Ultrasound instead, he said that Ultrasounds are not good enough to diagnose TB and suggested MRI instead. I also asked him if he had the QuantiFERON TB blood test. Turns out he does have it, and suggested I do both an MRI and the blood test.

He called his radiologist but the radiologist said that MRI isn't necessary if I have the TB blood test because the QuantiFERON is "The gold standard" in diagnosing TB. He said the blood test is better than X-rays and even MRI's. So I did the blood test yesterday and they said the result will come back in a week. He said that Kuwait doesn't have the machines? to analyze the blood for TB here so they have to send it abroad which is why it takes a week and that's why government uses X-rays instead of blood tests for TB even though blood tests are more accurate.

So next week after I get the result the private doctor will write a report that I don't have TB and I will take it back to the government radiologist and hopefully that will convince them that X-rays are not necessary in my case. Fingers crossed.
good to hear. I hope it works out for you

Perry Staltic

QuantiFERON is "The gold standard" in diagnosing TB

Wow they've come a long way; results in 24 hours. Never heard about the technology. Good to have because TB is the number one infectious killer in the world. Unfortunately it doesn't detect latent TB; only active TB.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals