Peatarians, I Need To Get Rid Of A Cold

So, yeah, I've caught something. Right in the middle of it in fact. My neck just went stiff and I've been coughing all day with a stuffed nose. Typical common cold symptoms. No fever though.

Anyway, there has to be some kind of secret internet health solution, right? We're smart here. We know about tons of supplements. It's downright embarassing to suffer from the cold just the same as all the plebs who eat wheat and PUFA's and do nothing about their health. At the very least I want to heal 2-3 days faster.

I feel like I shouldn't be as susceptible to this as everyone else since I put in so much effort into understanding these things, yet when push comes to shove I'm just as much of a weakling as everyone in my household. Why is this? I've tried megadosing Vitamin C but it did absolutely nothing, at least once the cold starts.

Ideas? Advice? I know that a lot of people think that someone who is perfectly healthy would never get the cold but I have yet to see evidence of that.

beta pandemic

1 whole raw garlic bulb crushed in mortar and pestle bowl. Put in mouth and swallow, taking least amount of water needed to enable you to do so.

very effective and you will get a nice boost in libido as well

sprinter

Raw Garlic. High Quality Raw Manuka Honey. Lemon. OJ. Make a good hot broth with oxtail and lots of vegetables, throw some kale in there.

L

lollipop

People with compromised immunity rarely react to infections, it gives a false sense of resilience..
This. See it fairly often in people. Sometimes @MyUsernameHere simply increasing metabolism will cause someone who "is never sick, never gets allergies, etc. to suddenly start sneezing, having a histamine response. Not always, but sometimes it can be seen as a good sign...not trying to over generalize but in a small sense, it's needed in this explanation.

Queequeg

for now I would take zinc and maybe vitamin C. there are probably some other RP things to do as well that I cant remember.

For future colds I would order a Zapper. I have been using one for the last 6 years and haven't had a cold in all that time. And I used to get sick a lot. It also does wonders for allergies. As soon as I feel a cold coming on or an allergy fit on goes the zapper. Problem solved.

I heard RP talk about rife machines/zappers in an interview and he did say there was something to them but he didn't know a lot about it. Kind of an endorsement. Anyway I hope you feel better :)

Last edited:

Regina

This. See it fairly often in people. Sometimes @MyUsernameHere simply increasing metabolism will cause someone who "is never sick, never gets allergies, etc. to suddenly start sneezing, having a histamine response. Not always, but sometimes it can be seen as a good sign...not trying to over generalize but in a small sense, it's needed in this explanation.
Oy, I could tell stories about my various dogs over the years. Yep. The ones who are chronically sick never die; and never get any of the dog bugs that go around. (bordetella, etc. And I don't vaccinate). They just live with chronic "allergies" far longer than the "healthy" dogs who die of various cancers.

L

lollipop

Oy, I could tell stories about my various dogs over the years. Yep. The ones who are chronically sick never die; and never get any of the dog bugs that go around. (bordetella, etc. And I don't vaccinate). They just live with chronic "allergies" far longer than the "healthy" dogs who die of various cancers.
Sooo interesting @Regina. Just reconfirms how multiple factors are at play in wellness...

BobbyDukes

Methylene blue, zinc and Theanine.

Added on top - if it's all out war - caffeine, niacinamide and aspirin.

No need to go crazy on dosages. Get the calories in (but as nutritious as possible), so your soldiers actually have weapons to fight with. That's easier said than done though, if you aren't feeling the best.

Perhaps food you are eating is negatively affecting your immune system. Perhaps eliminate these (if you were lucky enough to be 'in tune' with what might be causing this.. that one is a long shot, I realise).

Or just 'trust' your body to deal with it itself.

It can be quite humbling when you fall ill eating a Ray Peat inspired diet. Listening to Ray, you would be forgiven for thinking that restricting PUFA basically saves the whole puzzle (been doing this for three years). I also, have never been sick so much on a dietary protocol (than this one). Last year, I was really bad for two months. This year, despite a lot of things going around, I am currently untouched (touch wood). Basically, I am one of these people where everything seems to irratate my gut. So I am sure that endotoxin plays a part.

Last edited:

sprinter

For about 27 years, before I started Peating, I was constantly sick. People would make jokes about it. Once I started Peating, I hardly ever get sick. It has been truly astonishing!

denise

Fascinating. And it explains some things about myself...

Lysine can be good to try too. Two weekends ago I headed off an impending cold with lysine and zinc.

Lilac

After going full Peat, I marked a year without getting sick, then a year and a half, then I told a few people that and soon got sick with a cold! So don't jinx it by bragging. I am now on cold number 3 for the year. When I feel wretched, I still think a Nyquil PM is helpful for getting a deep, uninterrupted sleep. The 250-watt brooder light feels good, too. Eat hot chicken soup and as many calories as you feel like. Colds can come on, drag on, and exit for weeks and weeks. I think their nastiness is underrated.

Note

To get sick once in a while it's actually not an issue, I think it trains your immune system, on the other hand not having flu at all like someone mentioned above about the dog it is not good either.
It is important also how heavy your cold is, I think that a strong immune system can get rid of the cold quicker.

poilochio

for now I would take zinc and maybe vitamin C. there are probably some other RP things to do as well that I cant remember.

For future colds I would order a Zapper. I have been using one for the last 6 years and haven't had a cold in all that time. And I used to get sick a lot. It also does wonders for allergies. As soon as I feel a cold coming on or an allergy fit on goes the zapper. Problem solved.

I heard RP talk about rife machines/zappers in an interview and he did say there was something to them but he didn't know a lot about it. Kind of an endorsement. Anyway I hope you feel better :)

Just wondering wich zapper do you use ..a couple of years ago i was really into The Zapper Subject

Queequeg

Just wondering wich zapper do you use ..a couple of years ago i was really into The Zapper Subject
Orgone Zapper Standard
I am not sure about all the claims that Hulda Clark has made about the zapper as a cure-all but as far as colds, the flu, and my allergies it works great for me.

Interestingly, if you look at the rise of allopathic medicine, it was the Rockefeller funded Flexner report that was key to ending any use of electro-medicine in favor of petroleum derived snake oils.

Note

I was interested in Zapper but I've read negative feedback, Zapper it's used for parasites and they can migrate to different places in your body, so I am not sure about it.

burtlancast

Once the cold is established, use magnesium chloride ( chemical powder, not the nigari one),it's absolutely fail-proof for shortening it x2 or x3 and improving general well being.

For aborting it before it gets full-scale: mix 1 teaspoon honey into 1 pressed lemon juice with 1 teaspoon ginger and bring it to boil for 15 sec. It's essential for the mix to be well fluid: add a little water when needed.

Queequeg

I was interested in Zapper but I've read negative feedback, Zapper it's used for parasites and they can migrate to different places in your body, so I am not sure about it.

I remembering reading peoples' stories about that; claiming that they can feel the parasites crawl around various parts of their bodies. Its tough to know exactly what they are experiencing. So many more people have posted positive results with zapping that I decided to take a chance on it.

Last edited:

paymanz

Once the cold is established, use magnesium chloride ( chemical powder, not the nigari one),it's absolutely fail-proof for shortening it x2 or x3 and improving general well being.

For aborting it before it gets full-scale: mix 1 teaspoon honey into 1 pressed lemon juice with 1 teaspoon ginger and bring it to boil for 15 sec. It's essential for the mix to be well fluid: add a little water when needed.
what is wrong with nigari ones?

burtlancast

what is wrong with nigari ones?

Taken every day, it won't have the same boosting effect on white cells if the cold is established than the powder one.