Eating Liver - How Long Before You Notice Benefits?

EIRE24

it probably contibutes , but i think the iron in the liver isnt as much of a problem as a normal muscle cut of beef as the liver is loaded with highly available copper.

Would you say the same for oysters then? I wonder if it is safe to eat oysters and liver everyday or is there a chance of it causing problems due to the iron?

Stryker

Would you say the same for oysters then? I wonder if it is safe to eat oysters and liver everyday or is there a chance of it causing problems due to the iron?
depends on the person i guess , if your in good health and arnt running on stress hormones iron isnt as much of a problem as it isnt interacting with PUFAS in the bloodstream
i have been through periods were i had an ounce or two of beef liver everyday for a few months and i actually felt great

BobbyDukes

I personally stick to a very small serving of liver each day. I tried oysters and they, well, are.... gross? People eat these for pleasure? Slimey, fishy; flakes of sand. It also doesn't feel like you are eating food. So with no pleasure attachment to it, it becomes a chore. Oh, and I almost chopped my finger off once trying to get the shell open (as initially, I thought that eating raw was the way to go). So I would rather keep hold of my fingers. I've grown particularly quite fond of them over the years.

But even cooked, there is no enhancement in the very lame taste of oysters (as is the case with most things cooked). They don't bring calories in, and for a busy guy like me, I am more interested in calories than cooking up a oyster to get some nutrients. In my opinion, liver gives you everything that an oyster can possibly offer (although I wouldn't know about some of the trace minerals, etc).

Anyway, liver for the win. Very small serving each day; salted to taste.

I suppose we all prefer different things.

I feel better with liver in my diet, than without it.

Stryker

I personally stick to a very small serving of liver each day. I tried oysters and they, well, are.... gross? People eat these for pleasure? Slimey, fishy; flakes of sand. It also doesn't feel like you are eating food. So with no pleasure attachment to it, it becomes a chore. Oh, and I almost chopped my finger off once trying to get the shell open (as initially, I thought that eating raw was the way to go). So I would rather keep hold of my fingers. I've grown particularly quite fond of them over the years.

But even cooked, there is no enhancement in the very lame taste of oysters (as is the case with most things cooked). They don't bring calories in, and for a busy guy like me, I am more interested in calories than cooking up a oyster to get some nutrients. In my opinion, liver gives you everything that an oyster can possibly offer (although I wouldn't know about some of the trace minerals, etc).

Anyway, liver for the win. Very small serving each day; salted to taste.

I suppose we all prefer different things.

I feel better with liver in my diet, than without it.

yeah i agree oysters are like a salty fishy giant clump of flem i dunno how anybody eats them

tara

EIRE24

yeah i agree oysters are like a salty fishy giant clump of flem i dunno how anybody eats them

I agree, I dont like the taste at all but I eat them for the minerals and vitamins. Again, I'm not sure wether or not it is good to over do them having a can a day because of the iron and pufa but they are definitely a super nutritious food regardless of taste.

Velve921

I thought copper is crucial for the electron transport chain and so thats crucial for thyroid?

docall18

Been trying lambs liver again. WOW - temperature shot up to 37.3deg C, from approx 36.9deg C. The highest i have seen it.

Needed to take plenty of sugar with it, as could feel adrenaline increasing. Also took gelatin & coffee with it.

EIRE24

Been trying lambs liver again. WOW - temperature shot up to 37.3deg C, from approx 36.9deg C. The highest i have seen it.

Needed to take plenty of sugar with it, as could feel adrenaline increasing. Also took gelatin & coffee with it.

How much liver did you eat to notice this affect?

Peata

When I eat liver or oysters, I get an almost immediate increase in heat and sense of well-being.

With oysters, I notice the effects from fresh, restaurant steamed or the ones found in deli case in plastic containers. The boiled canned ones don't do as much, I don't think.

What kind of sugar? You mean by sugar......Table sugar and juice?

jyb

it probably contibutes , but i think the iron in the liver isnt as much of a problem as a normal muscle cut of beef as the liver is loaded with highly available copper.

In muscle beef? There's not much iron in there from the measurements I find online, wouldn't be surprised if it was possible to lose iron if that was the main iron source in the diet and the serving size is average.

I feel noticably better just thinking about liver. My skin tone and texture improves as do my blood markers and hair folicle density increases substantially just in anticipation of having a liver for lunch, about 35 minutes before i turn the burner on.

dd99

I make a liver and oyster pate. About 300g liver and four or five fresh oysters. I used to make a liver only version, but our fish monger now has great oysters.

Delicious - my 3 year old eats it out of the jar.

tankasnowgod

One thing that I notice frequently after eating liver is either brown fat activation, or an increase in energy. I believe it's brown fat, as the skin around my neck will often be very pink and warm, right in the areas were brown fat is supposed to be. I've also experimented with an ice vest, so I might have more brown fat than others. Other times, I'll just feel more active later into the evening and the next day. Thinking will be a little clearer and more sharp.

Art Vandelay

Liver(and vit A supplements) never really did much for me acne wise. Zinc on the other hand cleared my acne up within a week.

It appears zinc might increase the utilization of vitamin A. Being deficient in one or the other could have similar side effects.
Zinc status influences several aspects of vitamin A metabolism, including its absorption, transport, and utilization. Two common mechanisms postulated to explain this dependence relate to 1) the regulatory role of zinc in vitamin A transport mediated through protein synthesis, and 2) the oxidative conversion of retinol to retinal that requires the action of a zinc-dependent retinol dehydrogenase enzyme.
- Interactions between zinc and vitamin A: an update. - PubMed - NCBI

D

Deleted member 5487

Don't undereat liver.

I have big spoonfuls of patte every morning for breakfast. Testosterone/Health has increase substanitally.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals