No changes 3 years Peating

Nicole Carter

Open to suggestions here. I was plant based many years, then keto then carnivore. It fixed my ulcerative colitis but after a year I started to have sleeping problems and anxiety. I also may have entered perimenopause at that time so it’s hard to parse out what is what.

Since changing to pro metabolic I’ve gained 10-12lbs and it’s has stuck for almost 3 years now despite working out the same (daily). I’ve tried cutting calories, cutting carbs again, cutting all but meat and fruit, etc but the weight is not budging. I’m not obese but have lost the leanness I had for years. I’m 48, 5”4 and about 128-130lbs.

I have also tried adding thyroid but it gives me panic attacks and anxiety/insomnia. My thyroid is on the low end of normal range and TSH around .8

I feel uncomfortable in my body and I do have all the hypo thyroid symptoms such as dry skin, thinning hair etc but pulse and temp are ok. I also take progest E.

Any suggestions?

TheSir

Peating works well to perk up slower oxidation rates. Your dry skin and reaction to thyroid point to faster oxidation and increased cell permeability which mimicks hyperthyroidism on cellular level. Lowering cortisol/stress should help, working out less as was suggested is a good place to start from. Eating more fats and less carbs may help.

Michael Mohn

I did a raw food/fruitarian diet for years and eating just fruits (a raw carrot, honey do help too) for a month will crush excess fat like nothing else.
It worked consistently with everybody, loosing over a pound per day was normal.

If you have cravings after a week you can eat a little bit of low fat protein like fish, seafood or egg yolks. Better avoid milk. After you hit you target weight you can reintroduce other foods.

Progesterone might be helpful.

Meecho

Did you measure temperature, and if so, how long? What ratio of the hormones was and how much did you take? What was your thyroid program?

I did carnivored diet for two yeas, too; had similar reactions to thyroid. With careful adjustments and research, I figured it out.

Perry Staltic

youngsinatra

Try „The Vertical Diet“ by Stan Efferding.

It‘s essentially built on Ray Peat Principles, but it is way more applicable to people with widespread GI sensitivities (like those who cannot tolerate milk, so much fructose)

It‘s very heavily focused on micronutrient density with minimal digestive stress. Many famous high level performance athletes utilize his diet, because it enables them to eat 5-8000 calories without major GI issues.

Peat ideas need to be customized. You need to be thoroughly evaluated. If you can't do it yourself, I think it is a very good idea to let someone knowledgeable help you personally. You pay some money, but in the end, you save more time and money.

sunny

Read the threads about low dose niacinamide. I have been putting 250 mg of niacinamide in a bottle of water and drinking small amounts throughout the day. I have been losing weight that had settled on midsection. I am 56, take thyroid, Progest-e, have an active job but no consistent exercise, eat peaty. I am not positive this is what is facilitating the weight loss, but it at least coincidentally coincided with it.

Sapien

It‘s essentially built on Ray Peat Principles, but it is way more applicable to people with widespread GI sensitivities (like those who cannot tolerate milk, so much fructose)

It‘s very heavily focused on micronutrient density with minimal digestive stress. Many famous high level performance athletes utilize his diet, because it enables them to eat 5-8000 calories without major GI issues.
Make sure to ignore his recommendations on iodine

DeadCatBounce

I am in the same boat as you - used to be shredded and now looking like a baby ( : Since switching to higher fat most problems are solved though and I am getting close to my old self. Even with a pretty good thyroid anything over 125gr carbs per day makes me gain. Love the extra energy from carbs but I want to look nice. Seems like everyone needs to find the sweet spot for carb:fat ratio.

Dry skin - more animal fat(like A LOT,butter on every meal should make the skin more oily), raw milk + lots of collagen, more water in the mornings( yeah I know not peaty but if structured is best and actually works, mag bicarb is top class stuff), less salt, red light

OP
Nicole Carter

Nicole Carter

OP
Nicole Carter

Nicole Carter

what is your diet? give me the full list of what foods you eat daily.
Eggs and fruit for breakfast, tuna fish with avocado mayo, meat or cottage cheese and Carrot for lunch. For dinner usually beef or fish with broth (for gelatin) cooked veggies and or fruit. I can’t drink coffee anymore because I won’t sleep.

OP
Nicole Carter

Nicole Carter

I will look into this.

OP
Nicole Carter

Nicole Carter

I am in the same boat as you - used to be shredded and now looking like a baby ( : Since switching to higher fat most problems are solved though and I am getting close to my old self. Even with a pretty good thyroid anything over 125gr carbs per day makes me gain. Love the extra energy from carbs but I want to look nice. Seems like everyone needs to find the sweet spot for carb:fat ratio.

Dry skin - more animal fat(like A LOT,butter on every meal should make the skin more oily), raw milk + lots of collagen, more water in the mornings( yeah I know not peaty but if structured is best and actually works, mag bicarb is top class stuff), less salt, red light
Yep I think I did better on higher fat, more like carnivore plus fruit but less of it?

OP
Nicole Carter

Nicole Carter

Did you measure temperature, and if so, how long? What ratio of the hormones was and how much did you take? What was your thyroid program?

I did carnivored diet for two yeas, too; had similar reactions to thyroid. With careful adjustments and research, I figured it out.
I was tracking it consistently for weeks at one point. It was 97.5 or so waking up, 98.3 mid day. Warmed up with various thyroid supplements but they all made me feel crazy. I used to take Natrathroid years ago before it was discontinued. I was in my best health at that time but these new versions don’t work for me. Based on labs and temps, I may not need it anyway.

OP
Nicole Carter

Nicole Carter

Peat ideas need to be customized. You need to be thoroughly evaluated. If you can't do it yourself, I think it is a very good idea to let someone knowledgeable help you personally. You pay some money, but in the end, you save more time and money.
I have seen several practitioners and done every lab. Not sure where else to look.

OP
Nicole Carter

Nicole Carter

Read the threads about low dose niacinamide. I have been putting 250 mg of niacinamide in a bottle of water and drinking small amounts throughout the day. I have been losing weight that had settled on midsection. I am 56, take thyroid, Progest-e, have an active job but no consistent exercise, eat peaty. I am not positive this is what is facilitating the weight loss, but it at least coincidentally coincided with it.
I have some but have heard people get insomnia from it. My sleep is super delicate so I’m nervous about taking it.

abady

Eggs and fruit for breakfast, tuna fish with avocado mayo, meat or cottage cheese and Carrot for lunch. For dinner usually beef or fish with broth (for gelatin) cooked veggies and or fruit. I can’t drink coffee anymore because I won’t sleep.
decrease fat protein and salt, and eat more carbs. you will 100% lose weight.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals