Severe Ulcerative Colitis - HELP NEEDED AND HIGHLY APPRECIATED

Luke768

Hi everybody, I'm making this post to try find any information to help my father with severe ulcerative colitis caused h pylori (which is clear now) with some polyps. he still has ulcers and polyps on his colon. He can't tolerate dairy, gelatin, or any vitamins or supplements I have tried him on orally (b3 b1 cypro aspirin) and has tried hard to beat this illness for years to no avail. He is a taxi-driver which is one of the most stressful jobs possible, lives in London where there is barely any sun and doesn't eat the best diet - although he rarely eats pufa oils etc now. I'm wondering if there are any supplements/dietary changes to cure these ulcers? Also somebody please help me call Haidut as I remember him talking about colitis in a podcast so maybe he would help?
@haidut ?

Koveras

Many health issues seem to have similar aetiology with different presentations depending on the individuals context. Quick search here turns up many results for colitis and health in general.

Things to look in to (not necessarily in order)...

Potential problematic factors
Dietary PUFA
Dietary emulsifiers/carrageenan
Stress (adrenaline/cortisol)
Hypothyroidism
Histamine
Nitric Oxide
Serotonin
Endotoxin
Estrogen
Low cholesterol

Potential helpful factors
Avoiding harmful dietary factors
Avoiding drugs that increase potentially harmful factors, or lower potentially helpful factors
Peat carrot salad
Glycine / Broth / Collagen / Gelatin
Clonidine
Thyroid (topical?)
Thiamine (topical?)
Riboflavin (topical?)
DHEA (topical?)
Emodin (topical?)
Anti-histamine (Diphenhydramine, Cyproheptadine)
Anti-serotonin (Cyproheptadine, Odansetron, Ritanserine [topical?])
Dopamine Agonists (Bromocriptine, Lisuride [topical?])
True Cinnamon
Caffeine
Thyroid
Red Light
Honey

Take things slow

Thoushant

I had a UC flare 1.5 years ago that got me diagnosed. Doctor prescribed me 5-ASA rectal suspension(Pentasa, 1g or 4g in xx Liquid, can't quite remember) and suppository(500 mg). They were really helpful and stopped the flare.
They checked my vitamin D, I was severely lacking, and had to supplement. one time dose strong vitD and then ordinary supplement after.
I have since started smoking, which might help UC, but maybe try nicotine patch/gum first.
I don't know if gluten is anyhow related, but I'm doing fine with no bread.

EDIT: just realised you were asking for the ulcers and h. pylory, my bad.

PakPik

I wonder if you've ever looked into Famotidine/Pepcid. It has been mentioned before in the forum. It's used to treat gastric and duodenal ulcers, although I'm not sure if it would apply to Ulcerative colitis. Here's some info about it Pepcid - Side Effects, Dosage, Interactions | Everyday Health

I also agree with @Koveras considerations, there are many key factors that need to be taken care of. Of course everything in context. If nutrients aren't being absorbed, topical supplements might be of help. I also believe lowering PUFAs to the greatest practical degree, and getting no more than 4 grams daily, is foundational to treat or improve chronic problems.

Forum member @Wilfrid has dealt with Crohn's disease I think, so he may have some useful insights for your situation.

Hope the best for your dad!

sunmountain

I had HP in my stomach cause small ulcers and thin lining. Did triple therapy antibiotic which killed them. After that, for ulcers I took slippery elm powder several weeks. Also marshmallow root. DGL is supposed to be really good for this, may cause estrogen rise, which can possibly be countered with Progest-e. May be worthwhile due to DGL's benefits for ulcer healing. The doc had prescribed Carafate to coat stomach lining but I didn't take it as it has aluminum. Gelatin also good if you tolerate it; I can't. Haidut had posted a study on gelatin healing ulcers; might have been 3 packets of Knox a day but don't remember.
Good luck!

PakPik

I've also heard of people healing all sorts of ulcers with aloe vera gel, whether eaten or through suppositories. I don't have experience with it myself, though, but may be worth looking into it.

paymanz

Attachments

• kam1995.pdf
    159.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Theophylline is much easier to find and may be as effective. And caffeine shows similar effects!

Novel methylxanthine derivative-mediated anti-inflammatory effects in inflammatory bowel disease

The chronic colitis in IBD is asssociated with inappropriate activation of the immune system by abnormal interactions between host and enteric luminal microbes. Our group have previously identified an unexpected role for chitinase 3-like 1 (CHI3L1) in enhancing bacterial adhesion and invasion on/into intestinal epithelial cells

---

As shown by Rao et al[10], methylxanthine derivatives, including caffeine, theophylline and pentoxifylline, are competitive inhibitors against a family 18 chitinase expressed by a fungal pathogen.

---

In fact, our group recently demonstrated the beneficial effects of a medium dose of caffeine (2.5 mmol/L; equivalent to the concentration of caffeine in 2-3 cups of coffee) in the development of acute dextran sulfate sodium (DSS)-induced colitis by down-regulating the expression of CHI3L1 in the colon[15]. Although anti-inflammatory effects of caffeine is considered to be mediated, at least partially, via chitinase inhibition, it is still largely unknown whether the other methylxanthine derivatives, such as theophylline and pentoxifylline, also exert their anti-inflammatory activities by downregulating CHI3L1 expression.

---

After initial caffeine treatment for 7 d, we challenged the mice with DSS in the drinking water for 5 d, and then returned to normal drinking water for 7 d before sacrificing. Mice which received the caffeine treatment protocol showed significantly improved symptoms as demonstrated by less percentage bodyweight loss and improved clinical scores. Colons of the mice were isolated, and it was shown that CHI3L1 and AMCase expressions were both significantly decreased after caffeine treatment.

Wayne

How so jb116? I am curious what the connection would be for this peptide to cause cancer.

J

jb116

How so jb116? I am curious what the connection would be for this peptide to cause cancer.
Things that cause hypoxic stress trigger angiogenesis. Extreme exercise for example as well as bpc157. Angiogenesis is a hallmark of cancer.

mujuro

I've read that phosphatidylcholine can help. Probably have to use it as a suppository or enema. IIRC there was at one point an individual who was developing a time-released oral PC formulation for UC, but it was abandoned.

OP
L

Luke768

Thank you @Koveras ,This is a helpful list. @Thoushant he has been on 5 asa before but it didn't do anything regarding healing the ulcers, and they have actually rapidly got worse over the past year. I live in England so I'm not sure how to get bromocriptine easily :(. I can get LSD easily but I wouldn't want to give that to my dad, he might give me a slap. Haha.

Peat Tong

Look into the Specific Carbohydrate Diet. You can find the dried curd cottage cheese as the Polish "Twarog" in the UK.

jdapsurf

I have ulcerative collits, the only thing that really helped me was BPC-157. After trying different medications including sanasa which just made my hair start to fall out. I started out at 100mcg 2 times a day orally for a few weeks, then went down to 100 mcg per day for a few months and was then able to taper down to 100 mcg every other day to maybe twice a week. I am completely symptom free going on 2 years now.

Well I went to hospital because of that

Nothing worked

My dad is a doctor but in another country

He told me eat one toast every 4 hours for 3 months
And drink a lot of water between meals

I healed after 1 day
And I'm still working on that

I'm 95 per cent healed

good look anyway

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals