Nothing worked

My dad is a doctor but in another country

He told me eat one toast every 4 hours for 3 months
And drink a lot of water between meals

I healed after 1 day
And I'm still working on that

I'm 95 per cent healed

good look anyway

one day? before or after the 3 months of eating toast?.... was it white bread or wheat bread? were you able to put butter on it or jam? How about peanut butter? Did you get up in the middle of the night to eat toast?

Amazoniac

- Creatine maintains intestinal homeostasis and protects against colitis

"During inflammation, the intestinal epithelium exhibits increased hypoxic stress, which requires metabolic alterations to maintain the barrier function of this tissue (32–34). DSS is a metabolic stressor of epithelial cells. Creatine may provide an energy buffer in the face of acutely increased energy requirements; it also facilitates the transfer of high-energy phosphate from the mitochondria to the cytosol via the phosphocreatine shuttle, which may be important during the regeneration of the mucosal barrier."

"To date, no association between human IBD and SNPs [single nucleotide polymorphisms] of GATM [global air traffic management] or other creatine pathway genes has been identified, although creatine kinase levels have been found to be low in chronic IBD patients (35, 36). The loss of creatine in vivo leads to increased epithelial cell death and colitis, directly linking energy metabolism to intestinal homeostasis. This unique mutation affects energy metabolism in the colon and subsequently leads to colitis susceptibility. During inflammatory stress, creatine serves as a protective factor to prevent cell death and maintain proliferative responses. The creatine pathway reflects a critical protective mechanism by which cells are able to survive both acute and chronic metabolic deficiencies."

"Creatine is a protective factor during hypoxia that maintains an adequate ATP pool (37)."

"We have identified an essential and nonredundant role for GATM and creatine metabolism in epithelial cell barrier function and intestinal homeostasis maintenance in vivo. This study highlights the importance of energy metabolism and balance in maintaining the epithelial barrier during times of acute injury. In cases of aberrant energy metabolism, increased epithelial cell death and decreased proliferative responses occur. Although this study focused on intestinal homeostasis, creatine may play a role in tissue barrier maintenance at other epithelial surfaces, for example in the lung. Interestingly, creatine supplementation has been implicated in excessive lung allergic responses and further investigation seems warranted to determine whether loss of creatine leads to a loss of type 2 immune responses (44). IBD is a chronic relapsing-remitting disease in which histological evidence of epithelial healing is critical for long-term remission (45, 46). Current therapy is mainly focused on reducing the inflammatory response; however, proper healing of the mucosal epithelial barrier is essential to long-term remission and requires effective energy metabolism."​

- Creatine-loading preserves intestinal barrier function during organ preservation - ScienceDirect

Wilfrid

- Creatine maintains intestinal homeostasis and protects against colitis

"During inflammation, the intestinal epithelium exhibits increased hypoxic stress, which requires metabolic alterations to maintain the barrier function of this tissue (32–34). DSS is a metabolic stressor of epithelial cells. Creatine may provide an energy buffer in the face of acutely increased energy requirements; it also facilitates the transfer of high-energy phosphate from the mitochondria to the cytosol via the phosphocreatine shuttle, which may be important during the regeneration of the mucosal barrier."

"To date, no association between human IBD and SNPs [single nucleotide polymorphisms] of GATM [global air traffic management] or other creatine pathway genes has been identified, although creatine kinase levels have been found to be low in chronic IBD patients (35, 36). The loss of creatine in vivo leads to increased epithelial cell death and colitis, directly linking energy metabolism to intestinal homeostasis. This unique mutation affects energy metabolism in the colon and subsequently leads to colitis susceptibility. During inflammatory stress, creatine serves as a protective factor to prevent cell death and maintain proliferative responses. The creatine pathway reflects a critical protective mechanism by which cells are able to survive both acute and chronic metabolic deficiencies."

"Creatine is a protective factor during hypoxia that maintains an adequate ATP pool (37)."

"We have identified an essential and nonredundant role for GATM and creatine metabolism in epithelial cell barrier function and intestinal homeostasis maintenance in vivo. This study highlights the importance of energy metabolism and balance in maintaining the epithelial barrier during times of acute injury. In cases of aberrant energy metabolism, increased epithelial cell death and decreased proliferative responses occur. Although this study focused on intestinal homeostasis, creatine may play a role in tissue barrier maintenance at other epithelial surfaces, for example in the lung. Interestingly, creatine supplementation has been implicated in excessive lung allergic responses and further investigation seems warranted to determine whether loss of creatine leads to a loss of type 2 immune responses (44). IBD is a chronic relapsing-remitting disease in which histological evidence of epithelial healing is critical for long-term remission (45, 46). Current therapy is mainly focused on reducing the inflammatory response; however, proper healing of the mucosal epithelial barrier is essential to long-term remission and requires effective energy metabolism."​

- Creatine-loading preserves intestinal barrier function during organ preservation - ScienceDirect
Very interesting, thanks so much @Amazoniac

Kartoffel

Glycine seems to be one of the most potent substances to help with colitis. I think a diet consisting of ripe, tropical fruits (oranges, pineapples, papayas) and goat cheese would be a promising approach.

Gastroenterology. 2003 Sep;125(3):775-85.
Dietary glycine prevents chemical-induced experimental colitis in the rat.
Tsune I1, Ikejima K, Hirose M, Yoshikawa M, Enomoto N, Takei Y, Sato N.

BACKGROUND & AIMS:
In this study, the effect of dietary glycine on experimental colitis induced by 2,4,6-trinitrobenzene sulphonic acid (TNBS) and dextran sulfate sodium (DSS) in the rat was evaluated.

METHODS:
Male Wistar rats were fed a diet containing 5% glycine or casein as controls starting 3 days before experiments, and were given a single intracolonic injection of TNBS (50 mg/rat, dissolved in 50% ethanol). Similarly, some rats were given 3% DSS orally in drinking water for 5 days to induce colitis as a second model. The severity of colitis was evaluated pathologically, and tissue myeloperoxidase (MPO) activity was measured. Further, mRNA and protein levels for interleukin (IL)-1beta, tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-alpha, cytokine-induced neutrophil chemoattractant (CINC), and macrophage inflammatory protein (MIP)-2 were detected by reverse-transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) and enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA), respectively.

RESULTS:
A diet containing glycine ameliorated diarrhea and body weight loss caused by TNBS, and improved both macroscopic and histologic scores of colitis significantly. TNBS-induced increases in MPO activities in the colonic tissue were blunted significantly in glycine-fed animals. Further, dietary glycine largely prevented increases in IL-1beta and TNF-alpha in the colon 2 days after TNBS, and TNBS induction of CINC and MIP-2 in the colonic tissue also was abrogated by glycine. Importantly, the protective effect of glycine was significant even when TNBS colitis was once established. Moreover, dietary glycine also was preventive in a second, DSS-induced colitis model.

CONCLUSIONS:
Dietary glycine prevents chemical-induced colitis by inhibiting induction of inflammatory cytokines and chemokines. It is postulated that glycine may be useful for the treatment of inflammatory bowel diseases as an immunomodulating nutrient.

David C.

In my life experience of healing myself of this disease, ulcerative colitis is a PSYCHOSOMATIC disease that no doubt involves gene switching. It is of course an inflammatory response mediated by the immune system, which is an extension of the brain and mind. I have also discovered that many people do not want to know that they 'did it to themselves' via a very specific belief in the unconscious mind hidden within quasi-existential anger and guilt, this being a response to (usually childhood) trauma. As a man thinketh (unconsciously), so he is.
IF anyone wants the details I can send an article written many years ago. As a palliative, oats; grain bread, and a particular herb are to be avoided as they are abrasive to the gut wall.
Regards

Vinnie06

In my life experience of healing myself of this disease, ulcerative colitis is a PSYCHOSOMATIC disease that no doubt involves gene switching. It is of course an inflammatory response mediated by the immune system, which is an extension of the brain and mind. I have also discovered that many people do not want to know that they 'did it to themselves' via a very specific belief in the unconscious mind hidden within quasi-existential anger and guilt, this being a response to (usually childhood) trauma. As a man thinketh (unconsciously), so he is.
IF anyone wants the details I can send an article written many years ago. As a palliative, oats; grain bread, and a particular herb are to be avoided as they are abrasive to the gut wall.
Regards
I completely agree. I would be interested in reading that article. Thank you.

Xin

Regards
Your assumptions are false. Ulcerative Colitis is not even an autoimmune disease. I'm familiar with the work of Joe Dispenza or German New Médecine but it does not apply to IBD. The immune system is reacting to excess hydrogèn peroxide in the epithelial cells of your gut which allows foreign material to pass through tight junctions which stimulates an immune response.

cs3000

When i was looking into this grams of phosphatidylcholine looked promising, but you have to find a way to get it into the right place with a delayed release formula if the ulcer isn't in the stomach or upper jejunum which is where it ordinarily gets absorbed

3/4 trials positive results with delayed release formula Delayed-Release Phosphatidylcholine Is Effective for Treatment of Ulcerative Colitis: A Meta-Analysis

---
Apart from this I found the amino acid Threonine (not theanine) could be something worth trying to restore intestinal mucus.

*Theoretically supplementing grams of threonine for a few weeks should help build up the mucus layer that's weakened in UC - allowing proper healing to take place with the restored protective layer.

The mucin that makes up our intestinal mucus is mostly threonine in amino acid content. humans take up more threonine when there's inflammation in the bowel. & if you restrict threonine in rats / pigs diets their mucin synthesis drops, not good for intestinal protection.

Dietary threonine restriction specifically reduces intestinal mucin synthesis in rats - PubMed

- Threonine is an integral constituent of intestinal mucin proteins (17, 31). Mucin proteins provide the structural backbone of the mucus gels that provide lubrication and protection from pathogens (25). Without a well-formed mucus gel layer, the underlying mucosa is more susceptible to attack by bacteria such as Escherichia coli (15, 25). We therefore reasoned that mucin production would be impaired by restricting the dietary intake of threonine

- mucin-containing goblet cells in all of the small intestinal sections of the IG-A and IV-A groups appeared more voluminous and had a greater preponderance of purple staining than those in the IG-D [threonine deficient] group. These observations suggested that adequate threonine intake supported the production of mixtures of neutral and acidic mucins in the small intestine.

- Recent studies (24, 27, 29, 30) have demonstrated that the portal-drained viscera, metabolically dominated by the small intestine, extracts 60–90% of dietary threonine on the first pass, whereas extraction of other essential amino acids is limited to about a third

- The protective mucus layer in the gut predominantly consists of mucins, glycoproteins that are particularly rich in threonine. Moreover, mucins are continuously synthesized and very resistant to small intestinal proteolysis and hence recycling; therefore, mucin synthesis is largely an irreversible “loss” of threonine. As a result, a substantial and constant supply of threonine is necessary to maintain gut function and structure

scroll to 3.5 for threonine info Therapeutic Potential of Amino Acids in Inflammatory Bowel Disease

- Pathological conditions (e.g., ileitis and sepsis) may increase the amount of threonine required by the gastrointestinal tract. Indeed, generation of mucosal layer and mucin are often quantitatively and qualitatively impaired in IBD [109] and the increased threonine requirement reflects the increased demand for mucin production during intestinal inflammation. An adequate threonine supply appears crucial to restoration of intestinal integrity during IBD and therefore to enhance recovery.

A mouse study using threonine for UC Specific Amino Acids Increase Mucin Synthesis and Microbiota in Dextran Sulfate Sodium–Treated Rats - I think that's around 10g human dose maybe

l-Threonine improves intestinal mucin synthesis and immune function of intrauterine growth–retarded weanling piglets Supplementation of l-threonine increased the feed efficiency of the IUGR-Thr group compared with the IUGR-CON group. The l-threonine–supplemented diet attenuated ileal inflammatory responses of the IUGR-Thr piglets and increased production of Muc2 and secretory immunoglobulin A and density of goblet cells.

In terms of safe doses up to 7.5g extra threonine a day looks safe. maybe best to split doses
https://vkm.no/download/18.645b840415d03a2fe8f25c52/1502801716709/Risk assessment of "other substances" – L-threonine.pdf Risk assessment of "other substances" – L-threonine

there's a clinical trial for threonine requirements in people with chrons but results won't be posted for years Threonine Requirement in Adult Males With Crohn's Disease Using IAAO - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov

Real threonine should distinctly smell like hula hoops & has a small crystal structure.

Last edited:

Nicole Carter

Hi everybody, I'm making this post to try find any information to help my father with severe ulcerative colitis caused h pylori (which is clear now) with some polyps. he still has ulcers and polyps on his colon. He can't tolerate dairy, gelatin, or any vitamins or supplements I have tried him on orally (b3 b1 cypro aspirin) and has tried hard to beat this illness for years to no avail. He is a taxi-driver which is one of the most stressful jobs possible, lives in London where there is barely any sun and doesn't eat the best diet - although he rarely eats pufa oils etc now. I'm wondering if there are any supplements/dietary changes to cure these ulcers? Also somebody please help me call Haidut as I remember him talking about colitis in a podcast so maybe he would help?
@haidut ?
Hi Luke,
I healed my 7 year battle with UC and now coach others. O often start people on broth and juice which works really well. I have found removing fiber and increasing gelatin to be very helpful for most people.

cs3000

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals