Massaging fasica in scalp promotes hair growth (?)

DhtAssassin

So in this situation you are saying that the parents are already in a bad environment. I'm sure that the effects of the children born into that bad environment from those parents (who probably full of PUFA while pregnant, with lacking thyroid levels and progesterone in dirt, constantly using phone on top of stomach while pregnant, vaccinated etc) would be a lot worse off than the parents.

How else can you explain the increasing rates of baldness with your DHT theory?
So how is the damage passed to children according to you if it's not genetics? what kind of magical mechanism does that? And where is the damage? in DNA? Telomeres?

Seems like you're just coping and in denial. This theory of bad environment is bull****.
Suddenly, whenever people take high estrogen does or dutasteride, they magically get healthier and all the damage is undone lol.
There is probably thousands of success stories from estrogen and finasteride. There is zero stories of people changing diet and fixing their hiar loss. (I'm taking about documented scenarios where people provide pictures, not where people say that their hair 'might have gotten thicker')

We're getting so much new angles to analyse every year (Bayer prolactin receptor antibody, KY, WAY). And all of these new theories are easily testable. Meanwhile people here are stuck with same theories for 20 years which havent' provided any results so far. Level of denial is ridiculous here.

BrianF

I don't believe that taking a ton of eostrogen will grow back my hair but even if I was convinced it did, I wouldn't take it because of the damage it would do to me in other ways.

If you think taking a ton of eostrogen will resolve your hairloss issues, why don't you post some 'before pics' on here right now and then go take that ton of estrogen.

Then you can impress us in a few months with 'after pics' showing your lustrous locks?

Jack Earth

I don't believe that taking a ton of eostrogen will grow back my hair but even if I was convinced it did, I wouldn't take it because of the damage it would do to me in other ways.

If you think taking a ton of eostrogen will resolve your hairloss issues, why don't you post some 'before pics' on here right now and then go take that ton of estrogen.

Then you can impress us in a few months with 'after pics' showing your lustrous locks?
People with hair loss get frustrated... He has a few fair points though. His frustration lies in that nobody here follows up with progress or photos.

Just for comparison derrick posts detailed photo comparisons of his hair before and after various drugs. The changes are very obvious too.

Also that prefect hair website soren linked to recently showed good before and afters from a specific massage technique followed strictly.

Here you find great theories that are also in line with being healthy and natural... but the OPs all fall off a cliff. Never will you find any visible progress here and OPs abandon their threads.

Look at all the threads from years ago.. great theories, no follow up.
Look at elephanto even who is the hairloss expert here. Does anyone know what he or his hair look like? Nope

Last edited:

BrianF

People with hair loss get frustrated... He has a few fair points though. His frustration lies in that nobody here follows up with progress or photos.

Just for comparison derrick posts detailed photo comparisons of his hair before and after various drugs. The changes are very obvious too.

Also that prefect hair website soren linked to recently showed good before and afters from a specific massage technique followed strictly.

Here you find great theories that are also in line with being healthy and natural... but the OPs all fall off a cliff. Never will you find any visible progress here and OPs abandon their threads.

Look at all the threads from years ago.. great theories, no follow up.
Look at elephanto even who is the hairloss expert here. Does anyone know what he or his hair look like? Nope
Fair point. However, check your demographic. This site attracts those who are keen to explore health gains through a general theory of better metabolic improvements whether that comes from diet, lifeste, supplements ir whatever. Many on here have claimed a cessation of hairloss (me included) and even slight regrowth (again, me included). But few of us have taken professional 'before pics' and must be taken on goid faith that we are genuine. There's nothing to gain from doing this from any of us. We don't benefit in any way. Just trying to contribute to the general good and if possible give hope to others as we all kmow how desperate this can make a person feel.

Now if thats not good enough for some people, apologies. But maybe they should frequent other sites where they have more confidence in the results.

PurpleHeart

I don't think that anyone doubts that scalp massages can have an effect on hair growth, it's just that, apart from daily massages being inconvenient for most people
the procedure will most likely have a very small effect overall and probably can't stop balding, and more importantly scalp massages is a mechanistic approach to a systemic problem so I don't think that it's really worth investing in such an activity.

mrchibbs

I don't think that anyone doubts that scalp massages can have an effect on hair growth, it's just that, apart from daily massages being inconvenient for most people
the procedure will most likely have a very small effect overall and probably can't stop balding, and more importantly scalp massages is a mechanistic approach to a systemic problem so I don't think that it's really worth investing in such an activity.

For several people over the years, the effect is quite significant. It can be absolutely worth it to many people. Doesn't address the root causes (everyone knows that), but it does a lot to undo the pathological changes to the scalp. Rob English's work has made that clear since 2015.

To each his own, but it's potentially a very useful tool.

Jack Earth

For several people over the years, the effect is quite significant. It can be absolutely worth it to many people. Doesn't address the root causes (everyone knows that), but it does a lot to undo the pathological changes to the scalp. Rob English's work has made that clear since 2015.

To each his own, but it's potentially a very useful tool.
Nobody here has the willpower to do something this tedious on a daily basis.

mrchibbs

Nobody here has the willpower to do something this tedious on a daily basis.

Plenty of people have done so over the years. It's all documented on Rob English's website. If people don't have the willpower it's their own fault. How badly do you want hair? That's the question.

I've written about it before but simply massing willy nilly with no technique or systemic approach will likely lead to no benefits. Those who are motivated and focus can benefit from this. Just like any therapy or lifestyle changes.

Jack Earth

Plenty of people have done so over the years. It's all documented on Rob English's website. If people don't have the willpower it's their own fault. How badly do you want hair? That's the question.

I've written about it before but simply massing willy nilly with no technique or systemic approach will likely lead to no benefits. Those who are motivated and focus can benefit from this. Just like any therapy or lifestyle changes.
Agree, I dont think posters here will though. They hop from one thing to another without really devoting fully to a method. And this one in particular is very hard.

mrchibbs

Agree, I dont think posters here will though. They hop from one thing to another without really devoting fully to a method. And this one in particular is very hard.

It's not easy that's for sure. It takes dedicated people who also have the means to improve their environment (buy good food, get sunshine, limit stress etc.) which is not easily done by most people.

Plus ADHD like behavior is so common these days that I'm sure it's rare for people to have the willingness to stick with a certain approach for an extended period of time.

The case studies with the best regrowth on Rob's website show guys (and girls) who stick to it for like a year or more. It's a hell of a commitment. But maybe things like red light therapy can help improve results too. You can now find multiple studies showing its effectiveness for MPB on pubmed, it probably potentiates and assists in wound healing after massage/derma rolling.

Anyway, this is not a hair loss site, so probably not the ideal crowd to follow through on these ideas.

Sweet Meat

and more importantly scalp massages is a mechanistic approach to a systemic problem so I don't think that it's really worth investing in such an activity.

what do you mean hair loss is a systemic problem?

the only commonality every single person with mpb shares is that it is a local problem that manifests on the galea in literally 100% of cases

you can say 95% of men might share certain issues, traits or hormonal problems...but 5% won't, yet they will still suffer the exact same issue in the exact same area...so i don't think it's systemic at all

TheSir

The case studies with the best regrowth on Rob's website show guys (and girls) who stick to it for like a year or more.
I wonder whether it's more important to simply commit to massaging the scalp in the long term, or to commit to doing it every day. If you just keep massaging your scalp, surely eventually you'll see regrowth no matter whether you do it every day or twice a week? It's just a matter of outpacing the rate at which fibrosis is setting in, right?

TheSir

what do you mean hair loss is a systemic problem?

the only commonality every single person with mpb shares is that it is a local problem that manifests on the galea in literally 100% of cases

you can say 95% of men might share certain issues, traits or hormonal problems...but 5% won't, yet they will still suffer the exact same issue in the exact same area...so i don't think it's systemic at all
It can still be a systemic problem regardless of whether or not your particular systemic context is shared by others. To deny the underlying systemic pathology of MPB is to indirectly assert that MPB just spontaneously happens for no reason at all.

Sweet Meat

It can still be a systemic problem regardless of whether or not your particular systemic context is shared by others.
how, exactly?

To deny the underlying systemic pathology of MPB is to indirectly assert that MPB just spontaneously happens for no reason at all.
i'm asking what the "undrlying systemic pathology" is...i'm not denying it, i'm asking, specifically, what it is you're talking about lol

i say, there is no ubiquitous problem that everyone with mpb suffers, besides hair loss which occurs exclusively on the galea in 100% of cases

you say, there is systemic problems...based on what?

also, to infer that a lack of systemic pathology automatically means there is "no reason at all" is legit stupid. the obvious inference is that the reason is localized, rather than systemic...

TheSir

i'm asking what the "undrlying systemic pathology" is...
That's the million dollar question, is it not? Hypothyroidism, stress hormones and gonadal hormones all seem to play part in it in various case-dependent ways.
i say, there is no ubiquitous problem that everyone with mpb suffers, besides hair loss which occurs exclusively on the galea in 100% of cases
Agree. It's not surprising, since MPB is unlikely to have a universal root cause.

also, to infer that a lack of systemic pathology automatically means there is "no reason at all" is legit stupid. the obvious inference is that the reason is localized, rather than systemic...
The difference between systemic and localized pathology is largely arbitrary, since no pathology is truly localized: a localized cancer, for example, is really a symptom of a more profound systemic disease, i.e. localized cancer does not just spontaneously appear. Likewise, MPB is a symptom of a systemic disease rather than a localized disease unto itself. Hence to suggest that MPB has no systemic cause is to indirectly argue that it happens spontaneously. It was a confusing point on my part, that much I admit.

mrchibbs

I wonder whether it's more important to simply commit to massaging the scalp in the long term, or to commit to doing it every day. If you just keep massaging your scalp, surely eventually you'll see regrowth no matter whether you do it every day or twice a week? It's just a matter of outpacing the rate at which fibrosis is setting in, right?

Absolutely. Here's a quote from Rob's book:

In fact, the data showed that after 40 hours of massaging, most people started reporting hair regrowth. It didn’t matter if they got there doing 10 minutes per day or 40 minutes per day. It just mattered that they had accumulated the hours. And even better... the longer they massaged, the better their results. (Perfect Hair Health eBook - 3rd Edition)

Basically, it's all about the cumulative effect. But generally, when people start to massage whenever and however they want they end up massaging not very often and not very well. And there is a study on pubmed that showed 10% increase in hair count after 6 months of 4 minutes massaging daily. It just takes a lot of time to undo the fibrotic changes of the scalp. And you need decent thyroid, vitamin D level etc. to recover and heal from massages properly.

TheSir

Absolutely. Here's a quote from Rob's book:

Basically, it's all about the cumulative effect. But generally, when people start to massage whenever and however they want they end up massaging not very often and not very well. And there is a study on pubmed that showed 10% increase in hair count after 6 months of 4 minutes massaging daily. It just takes a lot of time to undo the fibrotic changes of the scalp. And you need decent thyroid, vitamin D level etc. to recover and heal from massages properly.
Excellent. Do you know if training the scalp muscles has an effect too? I.e. using the muscles near the eyebrows and the at the posterior head to wiggle the scalp back and forth? I've noticed that people with particularly mobile scalps usually have at least decent hairline. I've been doing this periodically for a few weeks and my scalp mobility has increased a lot during this period. I'm beginning to be able to wiggle my ears too.

ix1nmS.gif

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals