Massaging fasica in scalp promotes hair growth (?)

mrchibbs

Excellent. Do you know if training the scalp muscles has an effect too? I.e. using the muscles near the eyebrows and the at the posterior head to wiggle the scalp back and forth? I've noticed that people with particularly mobile scalps usually have at least decent hairline. I've been doing this periodically for a few weeks and my scalp mobility has increased a lot during this period. I'm beginning to be able to wiggle my ears too.

View attachment 24696

I think it's a fabulous exercise and it feels realllly good if you can learn to do it. Can't hurt. And yes, people who have complete occipito-frontalis mobility of their galea tend to have less hair loss. It's not the cause of hair loss but when stress/hypothyroidism and general tension sets in, not having mobility of the scalp tends to make the fibrosis problem much worse, causing the hard and tight quality of the scalp of many balding men.

Jack Earth

It's not easy that's for sure. It takes dedicated people who also have the means to improve their environment (buy good food, get sunshine, limit stress etc.) which is not easily done by most people.

Plus ADHD like behavior is so common these days that I'm sure it's rare for people to have the willingness to stick with a certain approach for an extended period of time.

The case studies with the best regrowth on Rob's website show guys (and girls) who stick to it for like a year or more. It's a hell of a commitment. But maybe things like red light therapy can help improve results too. You can now find multiple studies showing its effectiveness for MPB on pubmed, it probably potentiates and assists in wound healing after massage/derma rolling.

Anyway, this is not a hair loss site, so probably not the ideal crowd to follow through on these ideas.
Yea after seeing people start crazy supplement protocols, hormones etc and then vanish after a few months shows the lack of commitment.
People here are looking for an easy fix (hair loss crowd is worst for this), but to undo fibrosis scar tissue and calcification is very hard.
I've seen the best results ever doing Rob's massage technique 40 min a day for 4 months, plus kind of an anti dht diet.

But once I reached nw2 I stopped and was relaxing enjoying the results, then I lost hair again now back to nw3.

Those 4 months were worth it but it sucked. My fingers would build lactic acid, it was so tedious.
I have not motivated myself enough to to do it again, and reading the posters here they will def not do it either.

They want any easy fix like eat this food or supplement. They don't want to put in the work

mrchibbs

I think the ideas from Ray and Danny provides tools to reliably stop hair loss in its tracks, namely getting sunshine, taking some aspirin and drinking milk.

Young men can easily arrest hair loss, but when the hair loss has been going on for several years, it's very hard and involved to undo the damage. I think Rob English, and the research on red light therapy are some of the best evidence available to indicate how to reverse the changes to the scalp.

equipoise

I think the ideas from Ray and Danny provides tools to reliably stop hair loss in its tracks, namely getting sunshine, taking some aspirin and drinking milk.

Young men can easily arrest hair loss, but when the hair loss has been going on for several years, it's very hard and involved to undo the damage. I think Rob English, and the research on red light therapy are some of the best evidence available to indicate how to reverse the changes to the scalp.
I'm still of belief that when there's substantial reciding done, there's no going back without going under the knife. Danny was never the prime hair loss victim, he might've had a bit of thinning that he's taken care of with nutrition. There's tons and tons of weak, unhealthy men with full, thick hair. It's quite common where I'm from. Beer guts, inflammation, endotoxin central. Still keep their hair and colour. Eat pufa's everyday, have tons of digestive problems, blood pressure, no CO2, poor oxidative metabolism, the whole lot. So I encourage balding men to accept the fact, whether us humans like it or not, somethings are meant to be a certain way and no matter how much you try and get in the ring with nature, the nature is always gonna get its way

mrchibbs

I'm still of belief that when there's substantial reciding done, there's no going back without going under the knife. Danny was never the prime hair loss victim, he might've had a bit of thinning that he's taken care of with nutrition. There's tons and tons of weak, unhealthy men with full, thick hair. It's quite common where I'm from. Beer guts, inflammation, endotoxin central. Still keep their hair and colour. Eat pufa's everyday, have tons of digestive problems, blood pressure, no CO2, poor oxidative metabolism, the whole lot. So I encourage balding men to accept the fact, whether us humans like it or not, somethings are meant to be a certain way and no matter how much you try and get in the ring with nature, the nature is always gonna get its way

Plenty of pictures of guys with severe receding regrowing back their hairlines on Rob's website. And it's not bull****, I've been following his work for years and I remember each case. And there are tons of studies showing evidence of red light therapy being able to regrow hair even in "AGA"

And yes, you can be fat and out of shape and still have great hair. However, in general men who lose their hair have subpar temperatures. Danny has found that to be true over many years of consulting. Had he continued to eat a normal american diet, Danny would probably be fully bald now. He managed to stop it at the right time.

Not everyone has the inherited tendency to lose hair (which is always accompanied by tendency for other metabolic problems), but generally within one or two generations, it gets worse and worse. We see that with asian immigrants. Full great hair, and then their kids have less hair and their grand kids even worse. All because of exposure to the same deleterious north american environments/foods.

So I would have to disagree strongly, it's easily possible to stop hair loss in its track if it's happening. It's quite harder to reverse but the evidence shows that it is possible.

rr1

I can also attest to massages being helpful. It has only been around 6 months of consistent proper massaging, and most of Robs work indicates that regrowth happens around 8 months. But I can say with certainty that my hair is in the best condition of my life, even after just 6 months. Thicker hair, regrowth on temples and very healthy.

I'm not sure how most people can discount it when they haven't even tried it consistently.

I can also attest to massages being helpful. It has only been around 6 months of consistent proper massaging, and most of Robs work indicates that regrowth happens around 8 months. But I can say with certainty that my hair is in the best condition of my life, even after just 6 months. Thicker hair, regrowth on temples and very healthy.

I'm not sure how most people can discount it when they haven't even tried it consistently.

Because nobody wants to be rubbing their head for 30 minutes every day. Are you serious? "Non-balding" people don't have to do that. Lack of massage isn't the reason why we're losing hair.

I wouldn't do that even if it was the NW1 cure.

rr1

No one said that lack of massage is why people are losing hair. That's equivalent to saying lack of changing your tyre is the reason why you got a flat tyre on your car. I mean, there aren't even words that cover how ridiculous that statement is.

People will read and post here for a majority of their life, but can't dedicate a fraction of their time to something that has been shown to actually yield results. You can massage in the shower, you can do it whilst watching TV, anything -- it's not hard once it becomes a routine. People can continue waiting their entire life for a magic pill, and being envious of the 'non-balding people' who don't have to do massages, but they will only be disanointed when they finally realise that pill will never exist.

Sweet Meat

People will read and post here for a majority of their life, but can't dedicate a fraction of their time to something that has been shown to actually yield results.

agreed 100%

botox cures mpb, mechanotherapy cures mpb, massage cures mpb, pge2/ep3 agonists sure af make a big impact, dermaneedling and fire even seem to work

i can't fathom why people complain about their situations and then turn their noses up at the solution. the excuses are always the same, too.

"it's too easy, so it clearly won't work" vs "it's too hard, so why should i have to?"

rr1

Below is a link to a post from a user here with before/after photos. I also quoted down below his method. This is seriously good advice, and each of these points are also things that I have incorporated into my life over the last year. I honestly believe that if there are people out there complaining about hair loss, but won't as a bare minimum stick to these 10 things, then there is no hope for said person.

Most important things for me:

1. Consistency--Eat well. Get on a daily routine!! Get outside in the sun. Stimulate your brain with real activities instead of melting in front of a computer.
2. Having a clean scalp. I buzzed my head, and this helped me clean it much better. Drying my hair completely after a shower is important because the water is hard where I live which causes a scalp buildup. I use nizoral 1x/week also. I will be trying a topical of niacinamide and taurine in the near term. I sometimes use coconut or olive oil in my scalp with a drop of iodine after a shower.
2. Massaging/brushing about 15 min/day and a 10 min inversion/day.
3. Aspirin!!! 81-325mg/day. An absolute must.
4. Caffeine. Have 2/day. Each coffee will contain ample milk, sugar, and 1 tbs of gelatin.
5. Some sort of exercise everyday to get blood flowing and improve lymph flow. I like lifting or playing ball. Not to mention I've gotten much stronger and leaner in the last 3 months.
6. Liver and oysters every week. Vit A makes my skin perfect.
8. Temps and pulse (98+ and 70-90)
9.******* Trust & stick to a plan for months and stop worrying*******.

I've also begun to start thyroid now

PurpleHeart

what do you mean hair loss is a systemic problem?

the only commonality every single person with mpb shares is that it is a local problem that manifests on the galea in literally 100% of cases

you can say 95% of men might share certain issues, traits or hormonal problems...but 5% won't, yet they will still suffer the exact same issue in the exact same area...so i don't think it's systemic at all
MPB is directly correlated with heart disease, metabolic syndrome and diabetes,

Low SHBG

high DTH/T ratio

high LTH/FSH ratio

high IGF-1/IGF-3 ratio

correlations with prostate cancer.

it certainly is a systemic problem.

whether the subject experiences hair loss or not is probably also genetic dependent to some degree, but the problem that initiates the hair loss is not localized in the scalp, and even if it was, massaging the scalp is still a mechanistic solution.

Sweet Meat

Low SHBG

high DTH/T ratio

high LTH/FSH ratio

high IGF-1/IGF-3 ratio

whether the subject experiences hair loss or not is probably also genetic dependent to some degree, but the problem that initiates the hair loss is not localized in the scalp, and even if it was, massaging the scalp is still a mechanistic solution.

like i said, you can point out that 95% of people have co-morbidities, but the 5% who don't will invalidate the premise that mpb is "certainly a systemic issue".

correlation does not equal causation...so i still don't understand why you are certain it is a systemic problem...

the cause of male pattern baldness is lack of oxygen to the galea in 100% of cases imo and it follows the same pathology every single time - stress>edema>scarring>calcification/cell death. i can't find any evidence to counter this point, yet people insist it's there, if you just believe hard

TheSir

like i said, you can point out that 95% of people have co-morbidities, but the 5% who don't will invalidate the premise that mpb is "certainly a systemic issue".

correlation does not equal causation...so i still don't understand why you are certain it is a systemic problem...

the cause of male pattern baldness is lack of oxygen to the galea in 100% of cases imo and it follows the same pathology every single time - stress>edema>scarring>calcification/cell death. i can't find any evidence to counter this point, yet people insist it's there, if you just believe hard
Heh, of all systemic causes that could possibly exist, stress is overwhelmingly the most systemic.

PurpleHeart

So are you interested only in this arbitrary percentage that you seem to have made up, that supposedly experiences hair loss without any other problems or are you only interested in the aesthetic decrease, of hair loss without really wanting to solve the root cause?

Because I don't see any other reason why massaging would appear appealing at all.

T

TheBeard

Low SHBG

high DTH/T ratio

high LTH/FSH ratio

high IGF-1/IGF-3 ratio

Source?

My father has had MPB since the age of 27.
Now at 70 he has been free of cardiac or prostate issues, and is clean as a whistle as proven by EKG.

PurpleHeart

Source?

My father has had MPB since the age of 27.
Now at 70 he has been free of cardiac or prostate issues, and is clean as a whistle as proven by EKG.
Yeah also Albert Hofmann was bald since very young and lived to see his 102 birthday but that doesn't disprove years of research of baldness indicating a problem

Sweet Meat

Heh, of all systemic causes that could possibly exist, stress is overwhelmingly the most systemic.

i don't think you understand what stress means

if i press my pinky finger onto my knee cap, i'm applying pressure, which creates stress...so your argument is what? my little pinky now causes male pattern baldness because...stress is always systemic, right? local pathology is arbitrary, in your own words...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals