Massaging fasica in scalp promotes hair growth (?)

Jack Earth

They tend to drink enough alcohol that it dissolves the calcification which automatically causes the posture to snap back.

You need to understand the body as a tensegrity structure, and there is always constant tension towards the core, meaning if the structure allows for it you will make the curve a straight line as it imparts less tension. Calcified and fibrotic structures (not healed chronic damage) is what prevents this. Alcohol increases fascial circulation, decreases viscosity of the fluids, and dissolves calcifications. Perhaps it has some effect on the fibrosis as well, i don't know.

Additionally tobacco has a strong accelerating effect on this process as i have experienced, but i am not ready yet to speak about the processes as i for now only have one source on my current explanation. It's from dr. stasha gominak and she explains the special role of nicotine in some of her videos, so maybe watch those? At some point in the future i will compile all my findings into a post. But not now.

Very interesting I'm gonna look more into what your saying. But I wonder if things like altitude still play a major role in hair.
I inherited the S spine from my dad.
Everyone in the family mentioned we have the same curved back its obvious.
However he lived his whole life in high altitude while I lived in a city and he is nw2 in his 70s and I'm nw3 in my 40s :/

Mossy

Very interesting I'm gonna look more into what your saying. But I wonder if things like altitude still play a major role in hair.
I inherited the S spine from my dad.
Everyone in the family mentioned we have the same curved back its obvious.
However he lived his whole life in high altitude while I lived in a city and he is nw2 in his 70s and I'm nw3 in my 40s :/
I'm not so sold on a universal application of this spine theory. I know each of us has a unique and complex health state, and we each require specific nuanced remedies, so it is possible this could be the solution for someone. But, as an anecdotal report that would prove against this, my father does not have a curved back, and I do have minor scoliosis, and my hairline is better than his was at my age.

TheSir

But it is not psychological, it is from chronic postural damage.
Doesn't have to be an either-or. 'Postural damage', as you put it, doesn't just happen spontaneously but rather has a definite cause. Typically this cause has its roots in chronic tension, which in turn is commonly perpetuated by psychological factors. At worst this creates a feedback loop in which the psychology and the physiology respond to each other, causing the situation to spiral further out of control. As such, it is common for psychological tension to resolve in tandem with physiological tension. Bursts of released emotions are common in deep postural work, as you likely have observed in your own journey.

TheCalciumCad

Doesn't have to be an either-or. 'Postural damage', as you put it, doesn't just happen spontaneously but rather has a definite cause. Typically this cause has its roots in chronic tension, which in turn is commonly perpetuated by psychological factors. At worst this creates a feedback loop in which the psychology and the physiology respond to each other, causing the situation to spiral further out of control. As such, it is common for psychological tension to resolve in tandem with physiological tension. Bursts of released emotions are common in deep postural work, as you likely have observed in your own journey.
This is my line of thinking at this point. Unprocessed trauma manifesting as tension in certain parts of the body.

MrGilbert

As such, it is common for psychological tension to resolve in tandem with physiological tension. Bursts of released emotions are common in deep postural work, as you likely have observed in your own journey.
That's interesting, I've noticed a similar thing when fasting where I seem to release long forgotten (sometimes negative) memories.

TheSir

This is my line of thinking at this point. Unprocessed trauma manifesting as tension in certain parts of the body.
That's interesting, I've noticed a similar thing when fasting where I seem to release long forgotten (sometimes negative) memories.
You can also shake these traumas off with TRE (trauma release exercise). The US army uses it to treat and prevent PTSD and many have found it miraculously helpful against all kinds of mental problems.

BrianF

Ive heard that ecstacy is very effective for ptsd. Ive been in some bad and extremely violent situations and ive taken a lot of ecstacy. Thats good enough for me. Good ecstacy, probably the most enjoyable drug ever.

mrchibbs

The book "You can heal your life" By Louise Hay said hair loss was caused by fear + tension (trying to control everything in our life).

"When there is a lot of tension in the scalp, the hair shaft can be squeezed so tightly that the hair can no longer breathe, and it dies and falls out. If this tension is continued, and the scalp is not relaxed, then the follicle remains so tight that the new hair cannot grow through. The result is baldness. Tension is not being strong. Tension is weakness. Being relaxed and centered and peaceful is really being strong and secure. It would be good for us to relax our bodies more, and many of us need to relax our scalps, too."

If you notice alot of young men wear glasses, have tight posture and sport receded hairlines. Tension is at the heart of all of them. A course in alexander technique would probably do more for hairlines (and myopia) than purely sitting under incandescent light, overdosing on aspirin and drinking coffee.

That makes a lot of sense but I think what's been made clear over the years is that the tension is likely a side effect of the metabolic disorders. Without sufficient energy every single tissue in the human body is subjected to excess tension. Estrogen and serotonin are some of the excitatory factors which drive this phenomenon. People with naturally good metabolism because of favourable epigenetic inheritance typically are blessed with low stress, low tension and therefore low hair loss.

Some of the things which I've found help most with general body tension: light cardiovascular exercise (jump rope, punching bag), sauna, massage, thyroid supplementation, topical magnesium, laughing, sunshine exposure, minimizing EMF, deep sleep etc.

All these things are probably super helpful with hair loss, and short term success can be observed in a few days where the scalp suddenly becomes soft and relaxed again. The trick is to implement as much of these interventions as possible and radically change one's life environment. Not easy.

mrchibbs

They tend to drink enough alcohol that it dissolves the calcification which automatically causes the posture to snap back.

Do you have references for alcohol dissolving calcification, I know it dissolves lipofuscin, but I haven't seen much about calcification?

mrchibbs

Its interesting but his theory doesnt explain why certain groups of people have a lot of hair like asian, Mexican, homeless.

When these people move to western countries (i.e. United States), they often start balding as severely as caucasians do within one generation. It's the environment, not the ethnicity.

rei

Do you have references for alcohol dissolving calcification, I know it dissolves lipofuscin, but I haven't seen much about calcification?
The studies that find moderate alcohol consumption reduces artery calcification, and autopsists that know alcoholics have spotless arteries.
There is also direct evidence for the decrease of fluid viscosity and increase in circulation and waste removasl in the glymphatic system, not a stretch to extend this to fascial circulation.

Of course it could be that the effect is not direct dissolving of calcification, but some other change that leads to them dissolving. In fascia and glymphatic system this could be seen as an obvious expected outcome, but not in the cardiovascular system.

One explanation could be that alcohol consumption reduces cortisol, allowing for reparative processes to work unhindered.
"They consumed four standard drinks over 135 minutes and I measured their hormone [DHEAS and cortisol] levels every 45 minutes," she says.

Kokavec says the levels of cortisol decreased in all participants upon consuming alcohol.

Last edited:

rei

Psychological factors in the sense that what goes on in your head affects what you end up doing. For instance if your body is under excess serotonin from bad food and excessive bacterial activity in the intestines, you are low dopamine. You might try to correct this by social media addiction. If you are weak and sit on your phone the whole day you probably don't have the willpower to hold up your hands so your phone is in your lap. You bend your back and especially neck to see the phone and get closer to the small screen. When you do this day after day and ignore the fatigue signals from your neck and shoulder region, you get fascial densification that progresses to fascial adhesions and fibrosis. Now you have the first layer of postural injury ingrained. Now if you do the same when you have the flu and your energetic capacity is drained, it might progress to calcification. When (if) you eventually get around to heal this the emotional flashback you get is one of low energy and unmet social needs, and perhaps intestinal upset.

Last edited:

alephx

@rei I agree with your take and will also completely vouch for Esther Gokhale's work. I bought the book a few months ago and it has done wonders for my posture and back. I've found she takes a very peaty (at least for me), historical and holistic perspective as it comes to the spine and our postures considering cultural and social aspects. Buy it new or used, it will be one of the best 20 or so bucks you will spend in your life. Rei, I'm very interested in your journey, is there a particular post we can follow to better understand what you did? From your previous post it seems you relied little in chiropractice?

@Jack Earth I don't agree on the inheritability of your spine. Just like it happens with food and here in this forum becomes very apparent, a lot of the issues people blame on "bad" genetics are just a shared context. Could it be you and your dad just share a lot of the environment together? Similar activities and sports, sitting on the same tables, same way, etc... Culture is as inheritable as genetics so don't be so harsh on your actual DNA, if that makes sense. Good luck and do look into Mrs. Gokhale's work.

Ive heard that ecstacy is very effective for ptsd. Ive been in some bad and extremely violent situations and ive taken a lot of ecstacy. Thats good enough for me. Good ecstacy, probably the most enjoyable drug ever.
Same here.

rei

@rei I agree with your take and will also completely vouch for Esther Gokhale's work. I bought the book a few months ago and it has done wonders for my posture and back. I've found she takes a very peaty (at least for me), historical and holistic perspective as it comes to the spine and our postures considering cultural and social aspects. Buy it new or used, it will be one of the best 20 or so bucks you will spend in your life. Rei, I'm very interested in your journey, is there a particular post we can follow to better understand what you did? From your previous post it seems you relied little in chiropractice?

@Jack Earth I don't agree on the inheritability of your spine. Just like it happens with food and here in this forum becomes very apparent, a lot of the issues people blame on "bad" genetics are just a shared context. Could it be you and your dad just share a lot of the environment together? Similar activities and sports, sitting on the same tables, same way, etc... Culture is as inheritable as genetics so don't be so harsh on your actual DNA, if that makes sense. Good luck and do look into Mrs. Gokhale's work.
It's not one specific post, i have polluted many threads over the past 2 years as i have gone through the process. Search for "chiropractic yoga" and "fascial unwinding" and you will find the longest posts probably. I have not had chiropractic treatment done on me, i use the term as the idea that chiropractic means applying external force to correct posture. I think i remember reading somewhere that it is impossible to correct all postural issues by just doing stretching and traditional yogic movements etc. and now that i have a undestanding of the tensegrity structure of the body it is clear, the more you stretch or apply weight to try to "get to" some stuck area the more the tensegrity can tighten down and prevent it's shifting. But when you for instance push your back against a wall or corner of a wall, you use completely different muscles to achieve it and the wall "pushes back" this does not cause tension in that area and allows for the shift.

I also agree with your second paragraph, i almost answered the same to him but thought i have written enough.

DhtAssassin

so what about the cases where parent has hair up until age 50, while the kid starts balding at age 18 even though they live in same environment and eat same food? Environment theory is ridiculous.

rr1

so what about the cases where parent has hair up until age 50, while the kid starts balding at age 18 even though they live in same environment and eat same food? Environment theory is ridiculous.
So in this situation you are saying that the parents are already in a bad environment. I'm sure that the effects of the children born into that bad environment from those parents (who probably full of PUFA while pregnant, with lacking thyroid levels and progesterone in dirt, constantly using phone on top of stomach while pregnant, vaccinated etc) would be a lot worse off than the parents.

How else can you explain the increasing rates of baldness with your DHT theory?

BrianF

I'd imagine that you'll see a lot less of that in the future. When I was young (1980s in the UK), there were not as many young bald men as there are now. Things changed, diet, indoor v outdoor work, lifestyle.

TheSir

Individual response to the environment likely matters more than the environment itself.

mrchibbs

So in this situation you are saying that the parents are already in a bad environment. I'm sure that the effects of the children born into that bad environment from those parents (who probably full of PUFA while pregnant, with lacking thyroid levels and progesterone in dirt, constantly using phone on top of stomach while pregnant, vaccinated etc) would be a lot worse off than the parents.

How else can you explain the increasing rates of baldness with your DHT theory?

Exactly. The effect is compounded every generation.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals