Low E.coli?

June

Can someone shed light on this? I recently got a hair analysis and it detected an imbalance with E.coli. I assumed this meant E.coli was high since it's very common to pick up E.coli through food poisoning or other means. When I inquired if this meant low or high levels, they told me it's low and should consider probiotics for the gut since E.coli is an important bacteria in the intestine. I thought having low E.coli would be a good thing? Could C.difficile cause low E.coli? Is something amiss?

mhm

Can someone shed light on this? I recently got a hair analysis and it detected an imbalance with E.coli. I assumed this meant E.coli was high since it's very common to pick up E.coli through food poisoning or other means. When I inquired if this meant low or high levels, they told me it's low and should consider probiotics for the gut since E.coli is an important bacteria in the intestine. I thought having low E.coli would be a good thing? Could C.difficile cause low E.coli? Is something amiss?
I've just encountered the same problem today. Were you able to find an answer to your question?

OP
J

June

I've just encountered the same problem today. Were you able to find an answer to your question?
I never got an answer. But I'm going after it full force with Cistus Incanus tea. It will kill all biofilm. I do it 3 times a day. Eventually I will move to 6 times a day. It's improving. Make sure it's tea from Crete Greece.

lilrawhoney

Forum Supporter
I never got an answer. But I'm going after it full force with Cistus Incanus tea. It will kill all biofilm. I do it 3 times a day. Eventually I will move to 6 times a day. It's improving. Make sure it's tea from Crete Greece.
Are you eating soluble fiber?

lilrawhoney

Forum Supporter
Yes, but it does not look like this has helped in the past. Why do you ask?
Lack of soluble fiber can cause very low bacteria in the gut. My friend had a stool test done after years on a low fiber diet, with no soluble fiber and her test came back that she was very low in total bacteria

mhm

Lack of soluble fiber can cause very low bacteria in the gut. My friend had a stool test done after years on a low fiber diet, with no soluble fiber and her test came back that she was very low in total bacteria
I also took a test, usually for most bacteria I'm in the excellent range, just e coli too low (they say)

lilrawhoney

Forum Supporter
I also took a test, usually for most bacteria I'm in the excellent range, just e coli too low (they say)
That very interesting. I wish I could be more help, but I don’t have any experience with that. Are you having symptoms?

mhm

That very interesting. I wish I could be more help, but I don’t have any experience with that. Are you having symptoms?
Often very loose stool, sometimes bordering on diarrhea. Sometimes discomfort when I digest.

mhm

Those are the same symptoms my friend was having too. What types of soluble fiber do you eat?
A lot of stuff among which rice, sometimes beans, sometimes lentils, green peas, artichokes, carrots, potatoes, cabbage, spinach, tomatoes, berries, dates, apples.

lilrawhoney

Forum Supporter
A lot of stuff among which rice, sometimes beans, sometimes lentils, green peas, artichokes, carrots, potatoes, cabbage, spinach, tomatoes, berries, dates, apples.
Most of those things are not very high in soluble fiber. I would look into the low toxin threads. Soluble fiber in the form of beans and psyllium husk has really helped me and a lot of others in normalizing bowel movements. High quality organic sourdough bread can be good too. Some of the things you mentioned are high in beta carotene and can cause gut issues.

Krigeren

Most of those things are not very high in soluble fiber. I would look into the low toxin threads. Soluble fiber in the form of beans and psyllium husk has really helped me and a lot of others in normalizing bowel movements. High quality organic sourdough bread can be good too. Some of the things you mentioned are high in beta carotene and can cause gut issues.

As far as supplements go, seems psyllium husk is preferred around here? What do you think of Sunfiber? Thanks.

mhm

I forgot to mention that I do have psyllium powder that I sometimes mix with a liquid and drink, I also have something called GI Broom (GI Broom (7oz Powder) – Dr. Morse's Herbal Health Club) that also has psyllium, that I mix with juice and drink. I have a pizza place with sourdough bread, but they're a bit far away, other than that sourdough bread is hard to get around here. I'd do it myself if I didn't travel as much.
You're right about the carotene, sometimes I have parts of the inside of my hands or places above the eyes that have a shade of orange, suggesting too much of that. Eating out, which comes with the frequent travel, limits my choices sometimes.

lilrawhoney

Forum Supporter
As far as supplements go, seems psyllium husk is preferred around here? What do you think of Sunfiber? Thanks.
I don’t have any issues with sun fiber. For some reason psyllium husk just feels better to me, but many people here have had success with sun fiber

OP
J

June

Are you eating soluble fiber?
I can't do fiber yet because my gut stop being mobile after going through SSRI/BENZO withdrawals for a decade. This obvsly affected my thyroid and affected my microbiome. Mainly SIBO and Candida. I just started IdeaLabs T3 and going up slowly along with high Progesterone..

lilrawhoney

Forum Supporter
I can't do fiber yet because my gut stop being mobile after going through SSRI/BENZO withdrawals for a decade. This obvsly affected my thyroid and affected my microbiome. Mainly SIBO and Candida. I just started IdeaLabs T3 and going up slowly along with high Progesterone..
Soluble fiber will help your gut motility. You can start slow and then go up from there. I truly think it will be very hard to heal if you don’t add fiber. I couldn’t go without drinking coffee and even then I didn’t always go. Now I’ve been coffee free for 2 months and I’m going 2-3 times per day. Check out the low toxin threads.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals