moa

Ray Peat has said good thighs about spore based probiotics from camel feces. isn't B coagulans one of those spore based from camel feces ? or similar to them somehow ?

I'm not sure about the other spores, i think b coagulans has much more research to back it up.

At the same time, consuming probiotics and fermented foods continues to be a cornerstone of mainstream nutritional advice, and even official public health policy. Well, the study below may finally reverse the course with its findings that not only are probiotics not beneficial but they may lead to SIBO and many symptoms commonly reported on the forum - i.e. brain fog, fatigue, indigestion, bloating, etc. Those symptoms seem to stem mainly from the ingested bacteria colonizing the intestine and producing D-lactic acid from sugar in the food ingested by a given person. If a person's liver is sluggish or damaged, this lactic acid will likely accumulate and lead to chronic fatigue, brain fog, etc that often leave doctors completely confused and unable to offer any relief. As the study also found, probioticcs can be especially dangerous for people with slow motility, since in such cases the probiotics will end up colonizing the small intestine (SIBO) and not the colon (as intended). While the study lists drugs like opioids, PPI and SSRI as main causes of slower motility, the fact is that motility slows down for virtually everybody with increasing age as a result of slower metabolism. As such, probiotics could be harmful for the majority of people over 35 or anybody else suffering from low metabolism.
What eye opener this is above.

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
None of the strained yogurts should have lactic acid in them. So, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, skyr, etc are all essentially cheeses - yogurt drained of the whey and lactic acid so only the casein is left.
So, if one eats this kind of strained yogurt (I make L. Reuteri at home, and then strain it), does that mean that one is - not - at risk of "the ingested bacteria colonizing the intestine and producing D-lactic acid from sugar in the food ingested by a given person" ?
That is, are capsulized probiotics more likely to produce this negative scenario than strained yogurt?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals